The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Roan Sooty Dapples?????

Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Roan Sooty Dapples?????

Post by Ms. Trouble Maker »

So many are aware I’ve been really messing with the sooty dapple genes!!! And I’ve gotten flaxen sooty dapple chestnut! But can you can get a Sooty Dapple roan in the game!?

Aaaaand could you get a Sooty silver dapple??
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: Roan Sooty Dapples?????

Post by Kamichi Stables »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:So many are aware I’ve been really messing with the sooty dapple genes!!! And I’ve gotten flaxen sooty dapple chestnut! But can you can get a Sooty Dapple roan in the game!?

Oooooo, that is a good question! I could not answer that, but I hope it is possible!
Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

And it’s possible to get a Sooty mealy dapple Bay! Sooo what about roan?? Lol I think sooty roan is possible. But the sooty gene isn’t out there and being worked with enough.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:And it’s possible to get a Sooty mealy dapple Bay! Sooo what about roan?? Lol I think sooty roan is possible. But the sooty gene isn’t out there and being worked with enough.
I have seen Sooty Roan horses and they are kind of pretty but what I would really like to see is Sooty Dapple Roan. That would be gorgeous. I do have a friend who breeds Sooty/Pseudo Black horses with dapples who might be interested in helping you?

~ HOF 2
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Oooo yes please!!! Hook me up!!! I have a few roans right now with good stats!! That are currently carriers of the genes at least!!
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:Oooo yes please!!! Hook me up!!! I have a few roans right now with good stats!! That are currently carriers of the genes at least!!
Imagodei wrote:Ping
Imagodei_2 wrote:Ping 2
Ms. Trouble Maker would like to reach her goal of breeding out Sooty Roan horses and I told her you own just regular Sooty and Sooty Dappled horses.

~ HOF 2
Imagodei
Visit My Farm

Post by Imagodei »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:Oooo yes please!!! Hook me up!!! I have a few roans right now with good stats!! That are currently carriers of the genes at least!!
Imagodei wrote:Ping
Imagodei_2 wrote:Ping 2
Ms. Trouble Maker would like to reach her goal of breeding out Sooty Roan horses and I told her you own just regular Sooty and Sooty Dappled horses.

~ HOF 2
Yes, I do! I have my main stud who is a Pseudo Black/Sooty Buckskin and many of is offspring carry the Sooty/Sooty Dapple gene.

Dark Excel

However, my horses don't have any stats...since I focus more on genetic color than genetic stats. But I can assure that they do not have any red stats.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ms. Trouble Maker wrote:So many are aware I’ve been really messing with the sooty dapple genes!!! And I’ve gotten flaxen sooty dapple chestnut! But can you can get a Sooty Dapple roan in the game!?

Roan does express sooty, so it should show a sooty dappling with the roan, although it'll likely be hard to detect with the roaning hiding a lot of the tell-tale signs.

Sooty can't affect black horses, so getting a sooty silver dapple is unlikely. But since a silver dapple already has dapples from the combination of silver and black, we won't be able to see the possible sooty dapples anyway, because they have the same patterns.
Black would be a carrier and not an express-er. Just like black is a carrier of pangare and single cream.

However, if you were to add silver into the other dappled colors you have, it should offer another unique combination.

You're best bet to get a silver-like coat paired with sooty dapples is likely to aim for a pseudo-white with epic sooty. So some sort of triple dilute, that would be champagne paired with two creams, two pearls or a cream and a pearl.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Ms. Trouble Maker
Visit My Farm

Ok! I do have a Smokey cream stallion I think! That’d look cool! Nowww even a Sooty silver dapple would look pretty cool as well
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:44 pm