The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Real-Life Training Difference

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Real-Life Training Difference

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Ah, okay, I misunderstood and read shank where your wrote port. :lol:

I actually decided to try something different with her the other day - usually I ask for the connection starting with tighter reins. Now that she knows that I want connection and forward and down I decided to "throw the reins away" and see how she reacted. She did exactly what I'd hoped and dropped her head trying to find where my hands had gone. :lol: We've still got a long way to go but she's such a hard worker.

And our show ended up getting cancelled due to excessive heat. It was 108F before heat index. :?
:D

Shame about the show though. But it certainly wasn't safe for anybody, let alone the horses. Next time. Plus it gives you more time to practice.

It is great working with a horse that wants to work and wants to learn and try hard. Entirely different experience from one that doesn't. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 pm