Community Forum

A Salute to the HWO Community

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

A Salute to the HWO Community

Post by BlackOak2 »

I'm far from the longest-playing player on Horse World Online. I'm certainly not even one of the original HWO players from before the new game release (I still kick myself I didn't find the game sooner :lol: ). And for a brief while, between last private trials and formal public release, I lost track of the game, so I didn't sign up quite as soon as I wanted to, you know, like the day it went public! :lol:
However, I have been around for quite some time now. I've watched the game grow and change as these years have passed and the community grow and change.
I've seen some players come and go, then return. I've seen many leave on short or extended hiatus's. I even went on a six-month hiatus myself a year or two ago (could it have been two years already? :? )

Recently, I have seen some much larger changes that I wanted to tip my proverbial hat toward our community for. We are becoming a strong form of a gaming community. Forgiving, tolerating and attempting to solve sometimes very difficult issues without reverting to screaming, yelling and name-calling (among other things). Although this doesn't always work out, I have to say, I can certainly see a change in all of us. The want and desire to uphold our community as well as integrate other players into the community. To grow, expand and learn that we can depend on others within the community as we also teach that other members can depend on us (insofar as game mechanics reach).

More so than all of this, and the main reason for my topic, is because I have seen MANY projects come to fruition recently. Great and Grand projects that have taken sometimes years to complete, have been revealed to the community (even if said projects are relatively straightforward and simple). Plus the understanding and the sharing of how it was achieved is also given to the community at large. Seeing, reading and experiencing such things brings just as much joy to the community as it does to the player that worked on their project.
I'm seeing niche markets open up. Unique breeding styles and horses appear, positive rivalries grow (and this one is so hard to balance out, because of it's nature alone), top horses change back and forth, then become upset by another out of the blue...
And besides all of this, I see our newbies cared for, nurtured (if and when needed), and even left to their own devices if they desire such.

I've said it before, I'm sure... even posted about our community and the game at large in the past (I remember I did, but maybe not in a formal post like this). We have a very unique community. It's growing and expanding as HWO does. Our admins appreciate our community as much as we all do (I'm sure).

Keep growing, building and encouraging the forward momentum we have. It's up to all of us to stay on track.

Congratulations to all those who have projects that have matured. Keep at it, to all those with projects still in process. And of course, remember that we all tend to take on more projects than what we can handle at any one point at a time... at least sometime. We're all in good company!

Cheers!
To Us!
(of course, admins included)
:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
AmberNW
Visit My Farm

Re: A Salute to the HWO Community

Post by AmberNW »

I have not been here long but just want to say that I wish there was a disclaimer somewhere about how supportive the community is for newbies. I feel welcome here even though I know virtually nothing. I visited the forums for the guides and how-to's, but pretty much hid when I first started. I busted tail to get where I am in the very short amount of time I've been here, and even though I've already made quite a few mistakes that set me back a lot largely because I toughed it out alone, I am still happy to see such a welcoming and supportive community.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:I'm far from the longest-playing player on Horse World Online. I'm certainly not even one of the original HWO players from before the new game release (I still kick myself I didn't find the game sooner :lol: ). And for a brief while, between last private trials and formal public release, I lost track of the game, so I didn't sign up quite as soon as I wanted to, you know, like the day it went public! :lol:
However, I have been around for quite some time now. I've watched the game grow and change as these years have passed and the community grow and change.
I've seen some players come and go, then return. I've seen many leave on short or extended hiatus's. I even went on a six-month hiatus myself a year or two ago (could it have been two years already? :? )

Recently, I have seen some much larger changes that I wanted to tip my proverbial hat toward our community for. We are becoming a strong form of a gaming community. Forgiving, tolerating and attempting to solve sometimes very difficult issues without reverting to screaming, yelling and name-calling (among other things). Although this doesn't always work out, I have to say, I can certainly see a change in all of us. The want and desire to uphold our community as well as integrate other players into the community. To grow, expand and learn that we can depend on others within the community as we also teach that other members can depend on us (insofar as game mechanics reach).

More so than all of this, and the main reason for my topic, is because I have seen MANY projects come to fruition recently. Great and Grand projects that have taken sometimes years to complete, have been revealed to the community (even if said projects are relatively straightforward and simple). Plus the understanding and the sharing of how it was achieved is also given to the community at large. Seeing, reading and experiencing such things brings just as much joy to the community as it does to the player that worked on their project.
I'm seeing niche markets open up. Unique breeding styles and horses appear, positive rivalries grow (and this one is so hard to balance out, because of it's nature alone), top horses change back and forth, then become upset by another out of the blue...
And besides all of this, I see our newbies cared for, nurtured (if and when needed), and even left to their own devices if they desire such.

I've said it before, I'm sure... even posted about our community and the game at large in the past (I remember I did, but maybe not in a formal post like this). We have a very unique community. It's growing and expanding as HWO does. Our admins appreciate our community as much as we all do (I'm sure).

Keep growing, building and encouraging the forward momentum we have. It's up to all of us to stay on track.

Congratulations to all those who have projects that have matured. Keep at it, to all those with projects still in process. And of course, remember that we all tend to take on more projects than what we can handle at any one point at a time... at least sometime. We're all in good company!

Cheers!
To Us!
(of course, admins included)
:mrgreen:
-Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap- Yay!!! Yes, I have not been here long, either. It will be a year November 4th.. I agree, this is a unique community but also wonderful! I always tell myself: HWO IS THE BEST HORSE GAME OUT THERE! Which, in my opinion, is true. (Sorry other horse games if I crushed you)! JK. And I know that other people try hard making their horse games but I love this one. It's really like you own a Farm because there is so much to-do, so much to learn, so much to have fun on! I have a Farm IRL but I still play this. XD! I made my account thinking "Eh, I'm bored I'll just try it". Then, I just started playing it so much!!! <3
I try to help the community (as much I can with the knowledge I have here in HWO). My projects (Italian Heavy Drafts and Dutch Drafts) HAVE NOT GONE WELL. I am not understanding a whole lot, but I get the concept. :) But anywho, everyone, keep in going! Keep on doing! Anything can happen here on Horse World Online!
-Sawd10
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Roger that ;)

..And here's a standing ovation to this community, because its deserved.

I've been a part of HWO community for what - 18 months now, thereabouts. Not a long time, but enough to know how (some) things work.

For a while, i didn't even know that the community existed.. and that was fine. But I learned, and it was more than just that a community existed. it was that everyone was kind, caring, a family. That everyone is more than generous - with sharing their knowledge, their horses, even their money. I wouldnt be as far on as i am now without their help, and im sure many others could say the same.

Naturally, there has been downsides - there has been the odd player that we all wish we never knew - that happens.. there has been the occasional fight, occasional upset - but thats life. What I really love, is how everyone pulls together to close those gaps. How everyone is only too willing to help.. The downsides barely cast a shadow over the upsides, people.

then, you have those players that are the backbone of our community. Blackoak, ill mention your name, because you posted. there are others out there - some active in the "forum community" while others are much more silent workers (but no less important.) even thanks to those players that are no longer active - because they built the foundations of the community we know today...

but i've said enough: i'm not one for speeches, and I doubt it even makes sense.. but you get the picture...coz im just rambling now, and said far too much.. but i better press submit before the delete button comes into use... ;)
Become a Patron!