The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse World Racing and Driving Newsletters Communications Forum

h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Horse World Racing and Driving Newsletters Communications Forum

Post by h a z e l »

Welcome! :)

Any questions, concerns, or suggestions about either the Racing or the Driving Newsletter branches can be put here :)
Veterinarian and I will also use this forum to ping players that we wish to interview.

Newsletters
Racing Newsletter
English Eventing Newsletter
English Non-Eventing Newsletter
Gymkhana Newsletter
Working Ranch Newsletter
Driving Newsletter

Newsletter Contact Forums
Racing & Driving Branches
English Branches
Western Branches
Last edited by h a z e l on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse World Newsletter Communications Forum

Post by Veterinarian »

_h a z e l_ wrote:Welcome! :)

Any questions, concerns, or suggestions about the newsletter can be put here :)
I'll also use this forum to ping players I wish to interview.
Hello _hazel_!
I just wanted to tell you that I think that the newsletter that you created is amazing!
It is really nice of you to inform people about what is generally happening around the Horse World Online's racing industry!
Keep up the good work and if you ever need help just know tha I am here for you :D
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Veterinarian wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:Welcome! :)

Any questions, concerns, or suggestions about the newsletter can be put here :)
I'll also use this forum to ping players I wish to interview.
Hello _hazel_!
I just wanted to tell you that I think that the newsletter that you created is amazing!
It is really nice of you to inform people about what is generally happening around the Horse World Online's racing industry!
Keep up the good work and if you ever need help just know tha I am here for you :D
Thank you so much Veterinarian! It means so much to "hear" (more like read :lol:) such kind words :D
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Veterinarian wrote: Hello _hazel_!
Thank you so much Veterinarian! It means so much to "hear" (more like read :lol:) such kind words :D
:D
Sorry if I overreacted though. I am just really excited about the newsletter.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Veterinarian wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
:D
Sorry if I overreacted though. I am just really excited about the newsletter.
Oh no, you're perfectly fine! :) I'm very happy to hear that you are excited!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

A.P farm wrote:...
Wild Wood Ranch wrote:...
Hello,
I hope that you are having a great weekend :)
I was wondering if you would be willing to do an interview with me that would be featured in my new HW Racing Newsletter. If you don't want to, that's no problem at all :)
Thanks!
Hazel
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Very nice setup to the newsletter. Doesn't offer too much to make typing it up too difficult, but offers enough to give some nice hints and highlights into the depths of the racing competitions.

I do wonder if we can get other players to do the other competitions... putting it all on just one player would be too much.

I could also suggest you take your interviews a week out (so have one on hand and one in waiting), just in case you can't get a hold of somebody, you have the 'next week's' interview you can move up. Also, PM'ing who you can, or interviewing on chat would keep a little mystery before final write-up. :D Unless you've already thought of that.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:Very nice setup to the newsletter. Doesn't offer too much to make typing it up too difficult, but offers enough to give some nice hints and highlights into the depths of the racing competitions.

I do wonder if we can get other players to do the other competitions... putting it all on just one player would be too much.

I could also suggest you take your interviews a week out (so have one on hand and one in waiting), just in case you can't get a hold of somebody, you have the 'next week's' interview you can move up. Also, PM'ing who you can, or interviewing on chat would keep a little mystery before final write-up. :D Unless you've already thought of that.
Thank you very much BlackOak! :D
Yeah, I think I'm going to just stick with racing for now, I think trying to also cover all the other disciplines would be too time-consuming! Perhaps I could "hire" a couple players to run a couple branches of the newsletter :)
That's a very good idea, thank you! :) Yes, I was planning to do all interviews on chat (or through pm if possible) :D I don't want everyone to be able to read the interview before it's posted on the newsletter of course ;)
Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Very nice setup to the newsletter. Doesn't offer too much to make typing it up too difficult, but offers enough to give some nice hints and highlights into the depths of the racing competitions.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just stick with racing for now, I think trying to also cover all the other disciplines would be too time-consuming! Perhaps I could "hire" a couple players to run a couple branches of the newsletter :)
That's a very good idea, thank you! :) Yes, I was planning to do all interviews on chat (or through pm if possible) :D I don't want everyone to be able to read the interview before it's posted on the newsletter of course ;)
I think having a couple branches is a good idea. But until there is greater interest in the competitions, I think only those of specific interest should be noted upon. Some of the other competitions can be rolled under another... For instance, Sprint Racing under Racing... or Cutting under Reining. Until they get popular enough to stand alone, making note of interesting moments in the lesser popular competitions, when or if they happen will still bring interest in them, but won't take up a bunch of time.

Such as, for now, unless there are particularly popular competitions, you could have a branch that reports on English, one on Western and one on the rest of the 'racing' and driven competitions.
But there's no rush on this. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
I think having a couple branches is a good idea. But until there is greater interest in the competitions, I think only those of specific interest should be noted upon. Some of the other competitions can be rolled under another... For instance, Sprint Racing under Racing... or Cutting under Reining. Until they get popular enough to stand alone, making note of interesting moments in the lesser popular competitions, when or if they happen will still bring interest in them, but won't take up a bunch of time.

Such as, for now, unless there are particularly popular competitions, you could have a branch that reports on English, one on Western and one on the rest of the 'racing' and driven competitions.
But there's no rush on this. :D
Oh I see what you mean! I forgot to include Harness Racing, Endurance, and Sprint Racing into my race spotlight section :oops: I did it last night and I was super tired...
But this is only my first issue, I plan to just keep making them better and better :D
Thank you for your ideas, I love them! I think it's a good idea to have an English branch, a Western branch, a Racing branch, and maybe also a Driving branch :D But yes I agree there's no rush, as I just started this :lol: But it's exciting to think about!
Thanks again!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:46 pm