Community Forum

Horse World Racing and Driving Newsletters Communications Forum

CourtHorses
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse World Newsletter Communications Forum

Post by CourtHorses »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
CourtHorses wrote:
My premium just ended today, so I am unable to see the message sent to me. I apologize
Oh it's all right! :) I just wanted to interview you for my racing newsletter :) I also pinged you on this forum!
oh, ok. You can interview me although I don't have any racing horses at the moment.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

CourtHorses wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Oh it's all right! :) I just wanted to interview you for my racing newsletter :) I also pinged you on this forum!
oh, ok. You can interview me although I don't have any racing horses at the moment.
Oh, my bad! I thought you did! :oops: Sorry about that!
Avrielle
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Avrielle »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Avrielle wrote:
Hey there! I wouldn't mind doing an interview, but I just started my work week and I work overnights so it might be a bit difficult to find a time to do the interview at least until my weekend. I'm available Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays in the early evening. I'm usually up by 5-6 pm CST.

Also I'm not sure if I have access to chat. In the 4 years I've been playing I don't think I've ever tried to use it lol
Oh I see! That's all right :) I'm afraid none of those days will work for me this next week, as I'm out of town, working, etc.. :oops: Maybe we could try for the week after?
Lol I guess we'll see then, right? :lol: maybe you could do a couple forum posts, because you have to make like 4 or 5 before you're allowed in chat :)
I wound up having lasik and needed to keep my screen time down anyways so this week turned out to not be good for me either. I have the same schedule every week though so next week or the week after whenever works for you :D

and I've done at least more than 4 to 5 posts so I should be good then for chat
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Avrielle wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Oh I see! That's all right :) I'm afraid none of those days will work for me this next week, as I'm out of town, working, etc.. :oops: Maybe we could try for the week after?
Lol I guess we'll see then, right? :lol: maybe you could do a couple forum posts, because you have to make like 4 or 5 before you're allowed in chat :)
I wound up having lasik and needed to keep my screen time down anyways so this week turned out to not be good for me either. I have the same schedule every week though so next week or the week after whenever works for you :D

and I've done at least more than 4 to 5 posts so I should be good then for chat
Okay great :) I think I can do this upcoming Monday or Wednesday :) We'll have to see as we get closer to those days :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

This is offered in response to the writer's ad you have, but I wanted to keep that topic clean.
_h a z e l_ wrote:...
If you get more, like a lot more volunteering for the positions, remember you can split the newsletters further.
Such as English into:
Eventing Style:
Cross Country
Dressage
Show Jumping

Then that will leave:
Hunter
In-Hand
Log Pull - unless this is included in driving
Saddleseat

Eventually, expansion of the specifics should happen. Spotlights, Highlights, Pedigrees, there is a lot that can fill them, IF interest blossoms and more participation happens.

Keep it up!
I offer some supplemental support if anybody needs it. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:This is offered in response to the writer's ad you have, but I wanted to keep that topic clean.
_h a z e l_ wrote:...
If you get more, like a lot more volunteering for the positions, remember you can split the newsletters further.
Such as English into:
Eventing Style:
Cross Country
Dressage
Show Jumping

Then that will leave:
Hunter
In-Hand
Log Pull - unless this is included in driving
Saddleseat

Eventually, expansion of the specifics should happen. Spotlights, Highlights, Pedigrees, there is a lot that can fill them, IF interest blossoms and more participation happens.

Keep it up!
I offer some supplemental support if anybody needs it. :D
That is an excellent idea (as usual :P), thank you so much BlackOak :D
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

reyn wrote:...
Hi! Can you meet me in chat for an interview? I am running the barrel racing and pole bending and noticed your great barrel racing horses!
reyn
Visit My Farm

Post by reyn »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
reyn wrote:...
Hi! Can you meet me in chat for an interview? I am running the barrel racing and pole bending and noticed your great barrel racing horses!
Sure, I'm happy to, but I'm a uk player so might not be the easiest to meet up with in chat. I do need to renew my premium though (I've been quite quiet over the summer as busy with work), so might be easier just to message me :)?
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

reyn wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: Hi! Can you meet me in chat for an interview? I am running the barrel racing and pole bending and noticed your great barrel racing horses!
Sure, I'm happy to, but I'm a uk player so might not be the easiest to meet up with in chat. I do need to renew my premium though (I've been quite quiet over the summer as busy with work), so might be easier just to message me :)?
Ok! I’ll message you some questions and you can answer the ones you want to. Thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Really beefed up this time! It looks like a lot of work, but I think the new, single-release-per-month layout is great.

I have a question, really a suggestion.
For the racing clubs section... it's post #2 on the newsletter.
Can we entitle that with a bolder title? Something like Classified... but evidently it's not classified. Then just below the title, have an updated 'last edit' time-stamp. I know it's found at the bottom of the post, but having it right beneath the title will allow us to see when it's been changed much quicker.

And, as an aside for Snow Babe, he also has a current record holding full brother, too. :mrgreen: Just a little snippet of interest and the 'toot my own horn'. I can take full credit for breeding his mother, but his father certainly wasn't my breeding. But they did pair So Well! I am quite happy with the outcome.

It's a LOT of work, the newsletter, keep it up! It's gorgeous!

I'm thinking about attaching a semi-permanent set of competitions to the newsletter in the new format I designed for competition-event-style players, but haven't yet worked out how and what style/type. That'll also be a lot of work, but a fun aside to also add to help beef-up the newsletter and other events.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!