The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse World Racing and Driving Newsletters Communications Forum

Thundering Horses 2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse World Newsletter Communications Forum

Post by Thundering Horses 2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:...
OMG My horses MADE it on there????
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:Really beefed up this time! It looks like a lot of work, but I think the new, single-release-per-month layout is great.

I have a question, really a suggestion.
For the racing clubs section... it's post #2 on the newsletter.
Can we entitle that with a bolder title? Something like Classified... but evidently it's not classified. Then just below the title, have an updated 'last edit' time-stamp. I know it's found at the bottom of the post, but having it right beneath the title will allow us to see when it's been changed much quicker.

And, as an aside for Snow Babe, he also has a current record holding full brother, too. :mrgreen: Just a little snippet of interest and the 'toot my own horn'. I can take full credit for breeding his mother, but his father certainly wasn't my breeding. But they did pair So Well! I am quite happy with the outcome.

It's a LOT of work, the newsletter, keep it up! It's gorgeous!

I'm thinking about attaching a semi-permanent set of competitions to the newsletter in the new format I designed for competition-event-style players, but haven't yet worked out how and what style/type. That'll also be a lot of work, but a fun aside to also add to help beef-up the newsletter and other events.
Thank you so much Black Oak! :D As always, your input is valuable and appreciated :)

Yeah, that's a good idea and won't be difficult to do- I'll change it right away :D Thanks for the suggestion!

Ooo that's awesome :D Congrats to you :D I should mention his full brother in my next issue ;)

Thank you! It means a lot :D I'm so glad you like it!!

I'm not sure what you mean here...? :? You mean add another section like the one I made for racing clubs but for racing competitions?
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Thundering Hooves2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:...
OMG My horses MADE it on there????
:lol: :lol:

Yes, they did 8-) They are beautiful and they deserve their spot in the newsletter :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
I'm thinking about attaching a semi-permanent set of competitions to the newsletter in the new format I designed for competition-event-style players, but haven't yet worked out how and what style/type. That'll also be a lot of work, but a fun aside to also add to help beef-up the newsletter and other events.

I'm not sure what you mean here...? :? You mean add another section like the one I made for racing clubs but for racing competitions?
I was thinking that I would run a series of competitions, rather mini-championships, named after the newsletters and maybe have a unique link-back into the newspaper. For instance, the last week of the month (just before the racing release), I'd have a mini championship of the racing disciplines with the overall winners getting an extra purse, and maybe a mention in the newsletter about them.
Something like that.

But I don't want to cause any additional work for any of the newsletter writers. So I was still up in the air about it. But I did want to toss it around a bit, so I did mention it. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Thundering Horses 2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

I was thinking that I would run a series of competitions, rather mini-championships, named after the newsletters and maybe have a unique link-back into the newspaper. For instance, the last week of the month (just before the racing release), I'd have a mini championship of the racing disciplines with the overall winners getting an extra purse, and maybe a mention in the newsletter about them.
Something like that.

But I don't want to cause any additional work for any of the newsletter writers. So I was still up in the air about it. But I did want to toss it around a bit, so I did mention it. :D
Okay, I think thats an AWESOME Idea and I would host some comps!!
Thundering Horses 2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Thundering Hooves2 wrote: OMG My horses MADE it on there????
:lol: :lol:

Yes, they did 8-) They are beautiful and they deserve their spot in the newsletter :D
Thank you!!!!!!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

BlackOak2 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:

Something like that.

Okay, now I understand! :) Thanks for explaining :D I really like this idea! Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm going to copy and paste this and show it to my whole group of writers and see what they think :) I'm sure they will like it just as much as I do! We can work out the details and perhaps go for it in December?
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila25172 »

[quote]_hazel_[/quote]

Can you come into the chat room right now?
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila25172 »

[quote]_h a z e l_[/quote]

Could you come into the chat room please? Sorry for putting so much spam in this forum, but I just couldn't quote you correctly!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Something like that.

Okay, now I understand! :) Thanks for explaining :D I really like this idea! Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'm going to copy and paste this and show it to my whole group of writers and see what they think :) I'm sure they will like it just as much as I do! We can work out the details and perhaps go for it in December?
Yes, we can. I can even have it up before then, just give me a week to prepare and I can have it running.

I'm currently in chat, if you want more details, we can talk about them more there.
I'll be running the format off of this:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=19711

So you might actually have some questions about it! :lol:

By the way, did you and Lila25172 get whatever you needed to chat about done? I see the ping didn't go through correctly.
Lila25172 wrote:...
To learn to ping correctly, try this link:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 12&t=18675
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am