The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What has everyone been up to?

Tisha
Visit My Farm

What has everyone been up to?

Post by Tisha »

Hello! I just returned to HWO from a very long break. I am Tisha, formerly Champi0nBr66der3. I'd love to hear about your new projects, or just anything in general.

Now, I'm a bit lost on what to do, so I'd like to hear any suggestions as well. I used to breed TBs, Standardbreds, Spotted Saddle Horses and such.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What has everyone been up to?

Post by Sawd10 »

Tisha wrote:Hello! I just returned to HWO from a very long break. I am Tisha, formerly Champi0nBr66der3. I'd love to hear about your new projects, or just anything in general.

Now, I'm a bit lost on what to do, so I'd like to hear any suggestions as well. I used to breed TBs, Standardbreds, Spotted Saddle Horses and such.
Welcome back! :D :D
I'm working on TB's, Bashkirs, and Sooty Dapple TB's. I'm probably going to grab up one more project.
You could...
Breed a Silver Black Dapple Pearl Horse
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote:Hello! I just returned to HWO from a very long break. I am Tisha, formerly Champi0nBr66der3. I'd love to hear about your new projects, or just anything in general.

So welcome back.
A few spotlights, things that you might want to check out.
Thoroughbreds have become the frontrunner of breeding operations (pun intended), and the racing scene for thoroughbreds is quite lucrative. Speed is breaching 65.

We have the racing newsletter (covers the sprint, racing, endurance, harness), it's been active for a couple months and we have being introduced this month, the other newsletters for the other disciplines. English Eventing is out, we have another English newsletter, two westerns next week (I think), and then the driven at the end of the month.

You missed the halloween release of our costumes. But admin had new ones released for us. I'm sure they'll be back next year. :D

Log Pull competitions also appear to be quite lucrative, but competition is tight there, as well as in-hand.

There appears to be enough grinders going around, so sales on them has dropped a bit.

Trainers are again in few and short supply. Some of our major, public trainers have either closed or maybe left the game (short or long, maybe permanent hiatus).

I haven't yet completed the low GP project, nor have I seen any announcements that another has.

Training to 100% in each doesn't appear to have been successful yet.

On some personal notes...
I have a line of heavy arabians I'm working on. The injection of better HGP stock will be bred up soon.

I have 84 recipe quests left to finish. That was frustrating at times to get through, but hopefully the last 84 breeds goes quickly to it's end.

My leopard tarpans are on freeze as I work through the low GP quest, the recipe quests and the heavy arabians quest, but they're nearly done.

I think that's about it with me.

Check out my links below for some quick refreshers if you need them. There is also a link in there for niche markets if you want to work on one of them. Otherwise, until you figure out what you might want to do, a good area to tackle is those recipe breed quests, eventually something interesting pops up to turn the desire and start a project right from there. A lot more has happened on HWO, but those are the basic highlights. Oh, and one I did forget, check out the following link:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... t=strength
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

BlackOak2 wrote: So welcome back.
A few spotlights, things that you might want to check out.
Thoroughbreds have become the frontrunner of breeding operations (pun intended), and the racing scene for thoroughbreds is quite lucrative. Speed is breaching 65.

We have the racing newsletter (covers the sprint, racing, endurance, harness), it's been active for a couple months and we have being introduced this month, the other newsletters for the other disciplines. English Eventing is out, we have another English newsletter, two westerns next week (I think), and then the driven at the end of the month.

You missed the halloween release of our costumes. But admin had new ones released for us. I'm sure they'll be back next year. :D

Log Pull competitions also appear to be quite lucrative, but competition is tight there, as well as in-hand.

There appears to be enough grinders going around, so sales on them has dropped a bit.

Trainers are again in few and short supply. Some of our major, public trainers have either closed or maybe left the game (short or long, maybe permanent hiatus).

I haven't yet completed the low GP project, nor have I seen any announcements that another has.

Training to 100% in each doesn't appear to have been successful yet.

On some personal notes...
I have a line of heavy arabians I'm working on. The injection of better HGP stock will be bred up soon.

I have 84 recipe quests left to finish. That was frustrating at times to get through, but hopefully the last 84 breeds goes quickly to it's end.

My leopard tarpans are on freeze as I work through the low GP quest, the recipe quests and the heavy arabians quest, but they're nearly done.

I think that's about it with me.

Check out my links below for some quick refreshers if you need them. There is also a link in there for niche markets if you want to work on one of them. Otherwise, until you figure out what you might want to do, a good area to tackle is those recipe breed quests, eventually something interesting pops up to turn the desire and start a project right from there. A lot more has happened on HWO, but those are the basic highlights. Oh, and one I did forget, check out the following link:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... t=strength
Thank you! Am I glad to see a familiar player here!

I remember Thoroughbreds were wildly popular when I left, seems like they're still going strong now!
Oh interesting! I wonder if there are any Thoroughbreds that breached 66 for Speed. That was the highest for me during my ridiculously long time of breeding racers.

We have a newsletter?? My my, that would be so interesting! Hopefully it's a good way to keep up to date with the current affairs and such! Also excited to hear about the other disciplines, that'll be great too!

Awe I'm sad to hear that, definitely look forward to next year's one! I'm planning to stay for a long time!

Ooh Log Pull and In-hand jumping. That's interesting, it's good to see other disciplines get love too!

Ah that's good to hear! Grinders are always needed for those sweet PT and turns.

As always, reliable trainers are needed. I'm sad to hear that some of the public trainers are gone though.

The low GP project seems really tough, but I'm sure you'll be able to achieve it!

Yes, I noticed that while training my own horses, I wonder if or when it'll be possible.

Oh! Heavy Arabians sound so interesting. What are you breeding them for?

Sounds like you've completed so many, I've never bothered about the quests ^^'

I'm glad to hear they're nearly done!

I've checked the link out! The achievements are certainly impressive!

I wonder if the community has a number of new players? Or is it kind of dead? From what I know, people who are in the HWO discord chat with me hadn't been playing HWO for a while so we don't really know anything ^~^

Thank you very much for updating me!
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Sawd10 wrote: Welcome back! :D :D
I'm working on TB's, Bashkirs, and Sooty Dapple TB's. I'm probably going to grab up one more project.
You could...
Breed a Silver Black Dapple Pearl Horse

Funnily enough, TBs and Sooty dappled TBs used to be my project before I went on hiatus :lol:

Ah, I already have a few of those, bred pearl into my Spotted Saddle a long time ago!

Ooh, yes that sounds interesting! Would also love to incorporate those paint markings into my lines.

Ah, I don't think I'll want to try that lol

Trakheners aren't my thing, but I've kept a few of those!

Ahh that's daunting, Totina's forest horses aren't a joking matter :lol:

Thank you for the suggestions! I think I will continue breeding racers (TBs, Spotted Saddle) and hopefully, hopefully, win back some of my world records!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote:
Thank you! Am I glad to see a familiar player here!

I remember Thoroughbreds were wildly popular when I left, seems like they're still going strong now!
Oh interesting! I wonder if there are any Thoroughbreds that breached 66 for Speed. That was the highest for me during my ridiculously long time of breeding racers.
There's a link in my links for the top reported (or found) of all the stats. Here's the link to it anyway. :D You may have to scroll through them however, I don't know if Silverine has updated the front page.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=12462
Tisha wrote: We have a newsletter?? My my, that would be so interesting! Hopefully it's a good way to keep up to date with the current affairs and such! Also excited to hear about the other disciplines, that'll be great too!
Yup! If you haven't visited them yet, here's the quicklinks. :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=19657 - Racing
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=20452 - Eventing

Tisha wrote:
As always, reliable trainers are needed. I'm sad to hear that some of the public trainers are gone though.
As usual, we do have a couple newer players, or at least secondary accounts of older players, starting to step up and fill the gap... but it's a slow process.

Tisha wrote: Yes, I noticed that while training my own horses, I wonder if or when it'll be possible.
Admin has ensured us that it IS possible. So we're still trying to figure out how. Some of us have thought that the corresponding player skill stats may play a part and some of the players that have fulfilled maxing some of them, still haven't yet maxed out the training on the horses, but none of us have maxed out the player skill stats yet, so we can't yet disprove that the player skill stats are NOT the problem.

Tisha wrote: Oh! Heavy Arabians sound so interesting. What are you breeding them for?
They were developed originally to fulfill the quest recipes that required heavier arabians. As you probably already experienced, arabians tend to enjoy throwing lights and super lights even when paired with heavy's... so, that's where the project started from. Now, since it's established, I decided to give them some HGP bulk. Improve them to a point. The project is complete, but like so many, I don't just want to wash out on it, since it can serve a purpose for the rest of the community. Not aiming for competition status on them though. Just betterment of the HGP, somewhere between 50k and 60k, then I think I'll sell the whole project to another player that might be interested in the heavy arabian as a semi-permanent keeper.
Tisha wrote:
I wonder if the community has a number of new players? Or is it kind of dead? From what I know, people who are in the HWO discord chat with me hadn't been playing HWO for a while so we don't really know anything ^~^

Thank you very much for updating me!
There are a number of newbies. Some active in the community, some, not so much. But after a couple bouts of dramas, it's finally settled down and we're on even keel. I think that we're all so relieved by it that we're all quiet and don't want to rock boats too much. :D
So it's quiet, but far from dead. Plus, schools started back up, so we lost some active players, but gained others (depending on where they sign in at).
We really having lost any of our top players, though as usual, they're nominally quiet anyway. They still set the bar for the rest of us to try to track them down.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

BlackOak2 wrote: There's a link in my links for the top reported (or found) of all the stats. Here's the link to it anyway. :D You may have to scroll through them however, I don't know if Silverine has updated the front page.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=12462
Hmm, I'm curious about the 67 Speed. Is there any link to the horse that has 67 Speed?
BlackOak2 wrote: Yup! If you haven't visited them yet, here's the quicklinks. :D
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=19657 - Racing
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =8&t=20452 - Eventing
Thank you for the links! I intend to get back to the racing world with a splash, so this will be very useful for me!
BlackOak2 wrote: As usual, we do have a couple newer players, or at least secondary accounts of older players, starting to step up and fill the gap... but it's a slow process.

Hmm, I might start my own public training thread if there's a lot of demand.
BlackOak2 wrote: Admin has ensured us that it IS possible. So we're still trying to figure out how. Some of us have thought that the corresponding player skill stats may play a part and some of the players that have fulfilled maxing some of them, still haven't yet maxed out the training on the horses, but none of us have maxed out the player skill stats yet, so we can't yet disprove that the player skill stats are NOT the problem.

Oh that's interesting and good to know. Player stats are gonna take a very long time to max out, so *shrugs* that's probably not going to happen for some time.
BlackOak2 wrote: They were developed originally to fulfill the quest recipes that required heavier arabians. As you probably already experienced, arabians tend to enjoy throwing lights and super lights even when paired with heavy's... so, that's where the project started from. Now, since it's established, I decided to give them some HGP bulk. Improve them to a point. The project is complete, but like so many, I don't just want to wash out on it, since it can serve a purpose for the rest of the community. Not aiming for competition status on them though. Just betterment of the HGP, somewhere between 50k and 60k, then I think I'll sell the whole project to another player that might be interested in the heavy arabian as a semi-permanent keeper.
Yes, that makes sense, there are some breed that calls for heavier Arabians, it'll definitely make life easier for the players trying to create the breed/s!

Here's to hoping your project goes well and quickly!

BlackOak2 wrote: There are a number of newbies. Some active in the community, some, not so much. But after a couple bouts of dramas, it's finally settled down and we're on even keel. I think that we're all so relieved by it that we're all quiet and don't want to rock boats too much. :D
So it's quiet, but far from dead. Plus, schools started back up, so we lost some active players, but gained others (depending on where they sign in at).
We really having lost any of our top players, though as usual, they're nominally quiet anyway. They still set the bar for the rest of us to try to track them down.
Aha, drama? I'm glad to hear it's all peaceful now! And I can't wait to interact with the newer players!
Ah that's interesting, but I wonder if 'top' is subjective as well, because I only pay attention to breeders and their lines. If it's a hijacked line then eh, what use is it? Yup yup! I saw 8arbarossa somewhere in thr forums, glad to see them about XD
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote:...
I know we had the link somewhere around here before, but I think that link was directly in chat, so I don't have it available.

Check out or rather, ping Frost, I think, they might have been the one to enlighten us (the community) to that horse.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/m ... le&u=25078

Or, here, I'll ping for you. :D
Frost wrote:...
Is it possible, were you the one with that 67 speed horse or horse link? Could you link it back up? Or direct to who might have? :mrgreen:

There is a lot of demand for training, mainly bulk and a few newbie. I'm sure all you'll need to do (since you're established in the game and in reputation), is post up a training forum.
But if you do, expect to have multiple and bulk requests.

For those training stats, it's at least 30 levels for the primary two for those that do deal heavily in those stats we can't already max out to 100%... and then another 30 levels for the two secondary. :mrgreen: LOL!!! it's impossible... :cry: It really does make you wanna cry! :lol:

Those heavy arabians are up for production already, so they're available for the public to request and purchase a foal. My forum link for that is here:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 17&t=15746
It's just the HGP injection will be next. That will indeed take some time.

As far as my opinion when I speak about 'top', I do mean record breaking horses and competition horses that repeatedly beat others in competitions. It's not hard to purchase into a line, but if you're not a decent breeder, it's not exactly a piece of cake to STAY there. So even if it's a hijacked line, after a couple generations, it'll drop in standings if not bred appropriately.
And yes, 8arbarossa is back trolling the forums... for better or worse! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

BlackOak2 wrote: I know we had the link somewhere around here before, but I think that link was directly in chat, so I don't have it available.
Interesting, hopefully I'll be able to see the horse soon!
BlackOak2 wrote: There is a lot of demand for training, mainly bulk and a few newbie. I'm sure all you'll need to do (since you're established in the game and in reputation), is post up a training forum.
But if you do, expect to have multiple and bulk requests.
Yes I'm aware of how in demand trainers are, perhaps I might restrict the list to only serious competition horses and make it pricy. Not because I want the money, but because I don't want to see a horse I trained wasting away.
BlackOak2 wrote: For those training stats, it's at least 30 levels for the primary two for those that do deal heavily in those stats we can't already max out to 100%... and then another 30 levels for the two secondary. :mrgreen: LOL!!! it's impossible... :cry: It really does make you wanna cry! :lol:
That sounds...impossible. Yeah that's *snorts* gonna take a long time. Maybe when I'm old and grey, then I'll finally be able to max out the training stats :lol: And yes, it makes you want to cry XD
BlackOak2 wrote: Those heavy arabians are up for production already, so they're available for the public to request and purchase a foal. My forum link for that is here:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 17&t=15746
It's just the HGP injection will be next. That will indeed take some time.
Yay! It's good to see someone helping people with their projects! Definitely will take time, but hopefully the horses won't be fickle and cooperate with you!
BlackOak2 wrote: As far as my opinion when I speak about 'top', I do mean record breaking horses and competition horses that repeatedly beat others in competitions. It's not hard to purchase into a line, but if you're not a decent breeder, it's not exactly a piece of cake to STAY there. So even if it's a hijacked line, after a couple generations, it'll drop in standings if not bred appropriately.
And yes, 8arbarossa is back trolling the forums... for better or worse! :lol:
In my opinion, it takes an even better breeder to establish a line. There are plenty of good studs on the market, it's not hard to ensure that the hijacked line remains good, because they're continuing to use other people's lines. In my eyes, that's not worth taking seriously, because if they weren't given other players lines, they wouldn't have achieved what they've achieved. (mainly talking about racing breeders here). Back then when I was breeding Standardbreds, a couple of players got to my lines because of my carelessness. Then the horse, achieved through generations of inbreeding to keep the stats in the line went on to break a world record.

Sorry for the rant lol, I appreciate all players who put in work to create their own line, but don't like those who leech off others to make profit.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote: Yes I'm aware of how in demand trainers are, perhaps I might restrict the list to only serious competition horses and make it pricy. Not because I want the money, but because I don't want to see a horse I trained wasting away.
You won't be the first one doing it that way. Prices haven't changed much in that area. 20k-35k for basic full... then as the trainer skills max out, generally it's up to about 40k. Most of our publics still sit at about 20-25k.
Tisha wrote: That sounds...impossible. Yeah that's *snorts* gonna take a long time. Maybe when I'm old and grey, then I'll finally be able to max out the training stats :lol: And yes, it makes you want to cry XD
We'll have to start the silver-haired community! :lol:
Tisha wrote: Yay! It's good to see someone helping people with their projects! Definitely will take time, but hopefully the horses won't be fickle and cooperate with you!
Well, I do know my process, so it shouldn't be too fickle. Room might be a problem at first, but that's always the case. At least the process is straightforward!
Tisha wrote:
In my opinion, it takes an even better breeder to establish a line. There are plenty of good studs on the market, it's not hard to ensure that the hijacked line remains good, because they're continuing to use other people's lines. In my eyes, that's not worth taking seriously, because if they weren't given other players lines, they wouldn't have achieved what they've achieved. (mainly talking about racing breeders here). Back then when I was breeding Standardbreds, a couple of players got to my lines because of my carelessness. Then the horse, achieved through generations of inbreeding to keep the stats in the line went on to break a world record.

Sorry for the rant lol, I appreciate all players who put in work to create their own line, but don't like those who leech off others to make profit.
Rant and vent is fine. You're in good company with the way you feel. I have no problem sharing what I breed up, but in some cases, I do have a problem with it (very, VERY few of my leopard tarpans have been shared with anybody, with the exception of a needed one to increase patterning in black and agouti beyond the neckline).
Personally, I'm one of those that will struggle until the very end, trying to create something without much or any help from others. At the same time, I am willing in some cases to take advantage of others work for certain things. But I am right there with you. Either take advantage with work on your own part, or take advantage with your own uses in mind. Don't take advantage of work I did, then sell them for mucho-monies, just because you got it cheap. We as a community offer plenty to get newbies off the ground and flying and even support each other when we need assistance. There's no reason to abuse that.
Lookie that! Now you got me ranting! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:09 pm