The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Breeding for conformation. NEED HELP!

MagicRose
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Breeding for conformation. NEED HELP!

Post by MagicRose »

Hello and welcome!

I wanted to know if training affects conformation stats, or helps with breeding? Also trying to get gold strength and movement on Arabians, belgians, grade horses, and I wanted to breed a pure white Clydesdale with all gold stats. Also are the conformation stats the same for all breeds? Also on coat color and pattern id help are there any you could list that are already in the forum as I know its already been addressed several times but would rather not spend hours looking if possible. About the books for evaluating where do I find/buy the discipline show books for evaluation.

Thank you everyone for your help in advance!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeding for conformation. NEED HELP!

Post by BlackOak2 »

MagicRose wrote:Hello and welcome!

I wanted to know if training affects conformation stats, or helps with breeding? Also trying to get gold strength and movement on Arabians, belgians, grade horses, and I wanted to breed a pure white Clydesdale with all gold stats. Also are the conformation stats the same for all breeds? Also on coat color and pattern id help are there any you could list that are already in the forum as I know its already been addressed several times but would rather not spend hours looking if possible. About the books for evaluating where do I find/buy the discipline show books for evaluation.

First, welcome to the game. :D

We'll tackle your questions one at a time and there is a lot of side-reading that will be attached. Just so you know.

First. Training affects only two things on this game. Visual muscle shine and performance in competitions. So (especially if you're coming from a game like Howrse), you don't need to train up a horse that's strictly for breeding practices. Your breeder's report and conformation stats (you won't see the conformation stats unless you're upgraded), will NOT change from training. The horse, At Birth has everything that it will pass on to further generations already and nothing you do, will change what it can pass on.

Second. According to our admins, certain body styles will not be able to achieve certain things in the stats (Strength, Speed, Stamina, etc). But that doesn't mean you can't breed a gold strength arabian. It just means that to get a gold-color in strength on an arabian, may mean changing the body style to favor a heavier build. We actually don't yet know where the cutoff is, but it does appear that super-light body styles may not be able to achieve gold in strength. I could be wrong with this, I may have forgotten something.

Third. Movement. Movement is notoriously hard to color, but not impossible. Good luck with that. It will take very selective breeding of your herd and culling heavily of the ones that don't make the grade (the cutoff).

Fourth. The color 'white' is not yet added to the game. The 'white' that you see around the site are either pseudo-whites that are in fact double or triple dilutes, pseudo-whites that are actually a combination of dun, pangare and another dilute, Lp (leopard complex), with heavy varnish and either little or no spots, OR a full-pattern tobiano horse. So as long as you're aiming for a pseudo-white clydesdale, you're good to go... if not, you'll have to wait with the rest of us until our admins release one of the white genes.

Fifth. According to our admins (unless something has changed), achieving all eight stats in gold color is impossible. However, having seven stats in gold and one in green... may be possible... I don't know. I simply don't remember.

Sixth. Because of breeding practices, conformation stats are of course Different! Each breed can be different even on the same farm. There is quite a LOT of intricacies to this game. Consider this phrase: 'Here on HWO, you can breed a horse into whatever you want.' Let this rule your understanding. You can make a belgian bloodline into a sprint racing star. You can also make an arabian bloodline into a log pulling success. It takes some work and some changes to the body, but it's much more than possible. As far as the AC stats (Adoption Centre) of the base breeds, you can see what each breed is supposed to favor when you pull each one up in the AC. Of course, there will be a couple that will fall outside of those favored stats... they are few and far, but it does happen.

Seventh. Coat colors and patterns. This is an Extensive Subject! We have a whole forum dedicated to just that. You can see a few direct color links in my signature. Plus see the sticky-topics at the top of the color forum. Argent's guide to the AC genetic colors is a great start to offer the understanding of what our AC can supply (there is a couple that isn't correct, those notes are included in the replies in that topic), and of course Totina's color guide is the in-depth for all the different colors on game.
To learn the colors in-game, will take time. A Lot of time. I suggest you start with the basics (black, brown, bay, wild bay, chestnut). Once you have a handle on identifying them, everything else is just build on top. So it gets a LOT easier after that.

Eighth. Evaluation books for the breed can be found under market, breed books. You use them by visiting your horse profile page, eval tab and Chose The Book, then click the button. Even if you have just one book. Evaluation books for disciplines have NOT been added to the game yet. The game is still very much a work in progress and there are a lot of areas that have not yet been completed. Take a look at the quickstart guide for newbies in my signature, if you haven't yet. More info for certain things can be found there.

That about sums it up. Let us know as more questions pop up and you can't locate your answers.

Enjoy the game! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Maybe I should say, welcome BACK to the game. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
MagicRose
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by MagicRose »

BlackOak2 wrote:
MagicRose wrote:Hello and welcome!

First, welcome to the game. :D

We'll tackle your questions one at a time and there is a lot of side-reading that will be attached. Just so you know.

First. Training affects only two things on this game. Visual muscle shine and performance in competitions. So (especially if you're coming from a game like Howrse), you don't need to train up a horse that's strictly for breeding practices. Your breeder's report and conformation stats (you won't see the conformation stats unless you're upgraded), will NOT change from training. The horse, At Birth has everything that it will pass on to further generations already and nothing you do, will change what it can pass on.

Second. According to our admins, certain body styles will not be able to achieve certain things in the stats (Strength, Speed, Stamina, etc). But that doesn't mean you can't breed a gold strength arabian. It just means that to get a gold-color in strength on an arabian, may mean changing the body style to favor a heavier build. We actually don't yet know where the cutoff is, but it does appear that super-light body styles may not be able to achieve gold in strength. I could be wrong with this, I may have forgotten something.

Third. Movement. Movement is notoriously hard to color, but not impossible. Good luck with that. It will take very selective breeding of your herd and culling heavily of the ones that don't make the grade (the cutoff).

Fourth. The color 'white' is not yet added to the game. The 'white' that you see around the site are either pseudo-whites that are in fact double or triple dilutes, pseudo-whites that are actually a combination of dun, pangare and another dilute, Lp (leopard complex), with heavy varnish and either little or no spots, OR a full-pattern tobiano horse. So as long as you're aiming for a pseudo-white clydesdale, you're good to go... if not, you'll have to wait with the rest of us until our admins release one of the white genes.

Fifth. According to our admins (unless something has changed), achieving all eight stats in gold color is impossible. However, having seven stats in gold and one in green... may be possible... I don't know. I simply don't remember.

Sixth. Because of breeding practices, conformation stats are of course Different! Each breed can be different even on the same farm. There is quite a LOT of intricacies to this game. Consider this phrase: 'Here on HWO, you can breed a horse into whatever you want.' Let this rule your understanding. You can make a belgian bloodline into a sprint racing star. You can also make an arabian bloodline into a log pulling success. It takes some work and some changes to the body, but it's much more than possible. As far as the AC stats (Adoption Centre) of the base breeds, you can see what each breed is supposed to favor when you pull each one up in the AC. Of course, there will be a couple that will fall outside of those favored stats... they are few and far, but it does happen.

Seventh. Coat colors and patterns. This is an Extensive Subject! We have a whole forum dedicated to just that. You can see a few direct color links in my signature. Plus see the sticky-topics at the top of the color forum. Argent's guide to the AC genetic colors is a great start to offer the understanding of what our AC can supply (there is a couple that isn't correct, those notes are included in the replies in that topic), and of course Totina's color guide is the in-depth for all the different colors on game.
To learn the colors in-game, will take time. A Lot of time. I suggest you start with the basics (black, brown, bay, wild bay, chestnut). Once you have a handle on identifying them, everything else is just build on top. So it gets a LOT easier after that.

Eighth. Evaluation books for the breed can be found under market, breed books. You use them by visiting your horse profile page, eval tab and Chose The Book, then click the button. Even if you have just one book. Evaluation books for disciplines have NOT been added to the game yet. The game is still very much a work in progress and there are a lot of areas that have not yet been completed. Take a look at the quickstart guide for newbies in my signature, if you haven't yet. More info for certain things can be found there.

That about sums it up. Let us know as more questions pop up and you can't locate your answers.

Enjoy the game! :mrgreen:
Thank you
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 am