The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Gymkhana Newsletter! Latest NEWS

Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Gymkhana Newsletter! Latest NEWS

Post by Lila25172 »

Issue #1 November
Announcements:
I am Lila, the writer of this newsletter!
Welcome to the first issue of the Western Scored Section Newsletter! (WSSN)
In this newsletter, you can find the latest updates on the Western Scored community on HWO. I hope that you will find this newsletter a useful source of information in the Western World!
If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact me in this forum:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 293#137293

In this forum you can also nominate someone I should interview in the next issue. But, please don't nominate yourself!

Latest news:

Unfortunately, this last month no records have been broken in the Western Scored disciplines. There have been some promising-looking attempts to break them, by some of the following marvellous horses!

Horses under the Spotlight:
Cutting:

Currently the top horse is nic0925's SMGCH.++Spanish Nevada.

This doesn't mean that this horse can't be put in second place soon; Elaina Brewster's MFI Tonkawa Bar is currently winning almost every cutting competition that she's placed into!

At the moment, this beauty has a 99.1% win percentage. How long will it take for her to overtake the top horse? Congratulations to both owners and breeders!

Reining:
The current record holder for Reining is the great SMGCH. ++ Rh. Kotal de Whyle. This stallion was bred by Bitabetrone and currently has a 92.5 win percentage in level 5 Reining competitions. He also has a bunch of world records for other disciplines, like Working Ranch, Cutting, and Western Trail. Keep your eyes opened wide for more records getting broken by this winner!

At the moment the top horse for Reining, is the great
TSMGCh. Rh. BM Nature’s Watch, owned, of course, by the even greater HW player, Totina. This Forest Horse stallion, is a previous record holder for Western Pleasure, levels 1, 2, 4, 7, and 8. His win percentage for Reining level 8, is 93.3%.
Congratulations again!

Western Trail:
The top horse for Western Trail is the SMGCh. ++ Padawan Stormy IC-EE, owned by meadowwoods. This stallion has a win percentage of 59.8% and is fully trained. What more could you wish for?

Although he might be the top horse today, in the future he might get placed second by this beauty:
MGCh.++ Hurricane. This beautiful Bashkir stallion, is bred by the well known bashkir breeder Uralym and is now owned by FireInTheValley3. This champ has a win percentage of 84.9% and is also fully trained. Looking good!

Western Pleasure:
The current top horse for Western Pleasure is the SMGCh.++ Sân Splendour Valentine. This stallion is fully trained an his win percentage is: 77.5%.

However, my eyes are also focused on this promising Andalusian:
SGCh.++ Rainegade. This stallion has an 88.2% win percentage. How much better will he become in the future?

Again. congratulations to all breeders, trainers, and of course owners of these two splendid horses!

Working Ranch:
Once again our top ranking horse for working ranch is nic0925's splendid SMGCh.++ Spanish Nevada. His win percentage in this discipline is 83.9%. Wow, this winner is also a supreme master grand champion in two other western scored disciplines and many other non-western disciplines.

But, all good things come to an end (eventually) and another horse might soon take this stallion's hard-earned title; this mixed breed MGCh.++ Sunrise, might in the future take his title. This gorgeous stallion has a win percentage of 86.3%, is fully trained, and has some amazing stats!

Which one will keep or take the title of top ranking horse? Congratulations to the breeders, owners, trainers, and maybe champers of these two wonderful horses!

Sales and Studs:
Have you got a horse that is for sale or for stud? Please let me know in the forum linked above and your horse will be mentioned here for more buyers, studders, etc.!

Thank you for reading this newsletter!
~Lila

I kindly request you not to comment in this forum, but in the Communications Forum! Thank you for keeping this in mind!
Last edited by Lila25172 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Re: Western Scored Newsletter! WSSN

Post by Lila25172 »

_h a z e l_
Is this format alright?
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Lila25172 wrote:
_h a z e l_
Is this format alright?
Yes, it looks excellent! :D
Lila25172
Visit My Farm

Post by Lila25172 »

Issue #2: January 2020
Welcome back to the newsletter!
I hope everyone had a splendid holiday and New Year with a lot of horse fun included!
In this issue, I will also sum up the records broken in 2019 for all of the Western scored disciplines!
Of course, the regular elements will not be forgotten!
Do you have a suggestion or comment, or do you have a western scored horse for sale or stud?
Please contact me in this forum: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 293#137293

Player in the Spotlight:
I would like to welcome Elaina Brewster, also known as Baranduin Brewster, into the spotlight!
This Western breeder has been playing this game since 2017, and has bred many successful and well-known horses!
One of her best horses is the Bashkir Curly stallion, <<MFI>> Basqort
. This stallion is a champion in three popular western disciplines; working ranch, western trail, and western pleasure. In Western Pleasure, his win percentage is even higher than 90%.
Congratulations, Elaina Brewster!

Rising Stars:
The rising stars in this issue will only include 1 horse per discipline, due to having a small quiz and 2019 Summed Up at the end of the newsletter.

CUTTING:
Currently, a horse that has been turning many heads is the Arabian stallion, Curved Heaven, bred by the well-known Frost. This amazing stallion has a 100% win percentage and is also a champion in many other disciplines.
Curved Heaven

I 'd like to congratulate both the breeder and the owner!

REINING:
This amazing Friesian is a supreme master grand champion in reining and has 90.6% win. How much better can you be? His earnings for reining are well over 500,000 and he has over 11,000 points in reining.
Legend Awakened

Congratulations to both Vares and Emiliares!

WESTERN TRAIL:
Our rising star for Western Trail isn't very famous just yet, but this might change sooner than you think!
Mistletoe is a mix of a persian Arabian and an Arabian and is just 2 years old. She has a 100% win in the level 3 competitions and has earned 48 points so far.
Mistletoe

She was bred by the not yet well-known Little. Equestrian.
Congratulations!

WESTERN PLEASURE:
For Western Pleasure, our rising star isn't well known either: it's the great quarter horse, Slick Velvet Cowboy. This bay stallion has 90% win percentage and has won over 150 points.
Slick Velvet Cowboy

Congratulations to alaskabarrelracer and kitkat11!

WORKING RANCH:
Last but not least, we have our working ranch rising star; the strange named mixed breed stallion, [204]. He has a 93.5% win percentage and is also a champion in working ranch and show jumping. He has won over 400 points. Way to go, 204!

[204]

Congratulations!!!!

2019 SUMMED UP:

In this issue, we have a special rubric, where I will sum up all of the records broken in 2019.
However, for some disciplines, including Cutting, no records have been broken this past year. Therefore I won't mention these.

Reining Record:
Luckily for Reining, there has been a record broken. The horse that did this was Bitapetrone's Kotal de Whyle. He broke the level 10 record at the end of June last year, with the splendid score of 55.83.
∰ Kotal de Whyle -- 0* 59* 37* 28 -- 65.04

Congratulations, Bitapetrone!

Western Trail Record:
The record-breaker for Western Trail, is the smoky Grulla Bashkir stallion, Shartash. He has broken the level 10 record, with an unbelievable score of 61.11.
Shartash

Congratulations, Elboros and Uralym!

Working Ranch Record:
Wow, another world record was broken by Kotal de Whyle, on the same day as the reining record. This time he broke the level 10 record with the outstanding score of 65.04.
Congratulations, again!

MINI QUIZ!
1. Which horse breeds suit the cutting discipline best?
2. What horse and rider set the world record for senior western riding?

The answers should be sent in on this forum: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 293#137293
The person who answers fastest and has the most correct answers wins $25,000.

Thank you for reading this newsletter! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Gymkhana Newsletter

Post by BlackOak2 »

Welcome to the newly renamed Gymkhana Newsletter.

Branch News:
There has been a couple changes. This newsletter branch will now cover the following competitions:
Barrel Racing
Pole Bending
Western Pleasure

Please enjoy the revamped Western Section of the newsletter.

As a final note, our regular writer, Lila25172, is currently away on vacation. So I will be covering this section for this release.

As always, comments, concerns, questions, please post here, we are happy to hear from you.

Barrel Racing

News
There has been a LOT of movement in this area! So lets get through them.
Level 1 has been broken on January 20th by SCh.++ Rh FF Toxic Gulch a stout, buckskin, purebred thoroughbred stallion. But that's not the only record he broke, he has gone on to break level 5 on January 29th, just a handful of days after he broke it before; level 6 and 7 on January 28th and level 9 also on January 20th. He is on a roll! Congratulations to Frost and .Winter..
Level 3 has been broken, not once but twice, just a day apart on February 15th and 16th by ℬᏟᏕℛ 模仿傑伊 also known as Mocking Jay. This stallion is a purebred, flaxen chestnut Masuren with an outstanding WPS so far of 94.7%. He's also gone on to break level 4, not just once, but also twice, on February 16th and again today. He's another that's on a roll! Congratulations to Brinkhaven and HorzeLover101.
And finally, breaking the level 10 record on February 15th, is ℬᏟᏕℛ 紅色復仇者 also known as Red Avenger. This brilliant chestnut, prebred Masuren colt is back. He's already broken a number of other records (more than 10 to date) and has yet proven he's quite the competitor yet again. This is another by Brinkhaven and HorzeLover101. Congratulations for producing another record-breaking horse.
That covers almost every record in just the past month. The gauntlet appears to have been laid down. Good luck HWO community!

Rising Star
There has been a LOT of names cruising through this style of competition in the past month. Some of those that have been competing for awhile, like reyn's stallion .Cc. I dig Everything, and many more that are entirely new to the circuit but already leaving marks, like panka33's P33♛Pretty Fast Autumn Leaf (who already holds a record in sprint racing).
One that appears to be doing well in many competitions, not just in Barrel Racing and February's Rising Star is:
Seaside Owl

Owned and bred by SilverSaddle, this black, snow-capped Belgian mare is another that has begun to lay down the gauntlet to her competitors. Though offered a slow start in some competitions and also tested right at level 10 in others, considering her HGP of 55,065, she has appeared to prove that she might have more than just pretty looks to work with.
She has already been bred to stallion unbelievably Driftwood 37; good luck in in the next generation!

Spotlight
Choosing a Spotlight is quite difficult for me, sometimes, just like Rising Stars. Do I choose one that's been around for awhile but is just now beginning to make a mark? Do I choose a new horse that has surpassed Rising Star status and stands rightly within and holding their own? After cruising through multiple pages and seeing many names and recognizing some (because they defeat some of my horses)... I have settled on:
ᛟ Hypnotize Me

This is an almost pure Kentucky Mountain Saddle Horse Stallion. Not too new to the circuit, but new enough, this Silver Dapple, owned and bred by Ljusalv, has been slowly grinding away in the Barrel competitions. So why has he become my chosen Spotlight this time? Because of his rare breed. There are currently only 41 head on our site. It's great to see rare breeds making their mark. There are beginning to become a few rare breeds taking huge chunks of our competitions. This is great to see! Yet, our less rare breeds appear to be taking a back seat. Gotta get back in there and show them that just because there's more population, it does not mean the breed is a pushover!

Pole Bending

News
There has been some movement in the records for Pole Bending. Though some of them still remain quite old. Congratulations on attempting to break them!
Again, MFI Sahara Desert ♂, has conquered a another level. Level 9 on January 20th was again broken by this stallion. He continues to lay down new scores. How long will he run? Run On, Sahara Desert!, run on like the never-ending desert you've been named after.
FF Toxic Gulch is back for Pole Bending records as well! This stallion, not just leaving a mark in Barrel Racing records, he says: 'That's Not Enough!' and has taken, not one, but three records in poles as well. Level 1 on January 20th, and level 2 on January 20th and 22nd. This stout thoroughbred is fearless in whatever his owner throws down as a challenge! All you need to do is take a look at his competition record so far, no I won't reveal it to you, you'll need to see it for yourself by visiting his profile page.

Rising Star
There is quite a few competitions in this past month. No were as near the volume of Barrel Racing, but enough. It's nice to see more not only being made, but being run. And yet, one name keeps dominating the bulk of these Pole Bending competitions. So choosing a Rising Star is a bit more difficult. More like trying to find a piece of straw in a haystack. But I did succeed and I think he shouldn't be overlooked.
Whiskey Revolution

Produced and owned by Stick, this cremello, Part Arabian x M'Bayar stallion comes down from a long line of mix-titled horses. He shows a strong heart and sustains a WPS of 90.7% in poles. He is slowly being leveled out and carries the definition of 'Rising Star'. We'll need to wait and see if his owner decides to continue taking him upward to see how far he can go.

Spotlight
It is no surprise I have chosen the following horse as this month's spotlight. Dominating poles everywhere, I would be a bit remiss to not offer him to the community.
MFI Sahara Desert ♂

This bay Appendix Quarter Horse stallion, produced by Baranduin Brewster and living at the Elaina Brewster stable, still offers both prime breeding and top competing to our community. Though in recent months, he has had much stronger competition then perhaps in the past, he's still no pushover. In the 5 different competitions styles he's entered into, he maintains no less then 85% WPS. He also holds no less then 7 world records, either current or former, many of which, he's re-broken through his time on the circuit.
He has sired only four offspring, none of which, were competed, but he does appear to have many descendants otherwise.

Western Pleasure

News
Unlike the former two styles, Western Pleasure has had no new records broken. But with records averaging in the 62 range, that is quite the daunting task. Please continue to strive!

Rising Star
Despite the struggle we appear to still be having with getting near those record scores, we do appear to be making some progress. Today I was able to locate a Rising Star in the form of a bay Bashkir, owned by Elborus and bred by Uralym. Yes, these Bashkir's by Uralym have been making a continuing mark across HWO. They appear in many different styles of competitions. It's no surprise though, such good and stringently bred bloodlines appearing multiple times in a spotlight or rising star.
Today, our Rising Star is:
Kharmanai

This horse features in just two different competition styles, Western Trail and this one, Western Pleasure. And he holds a WPS of over 90% in both. He is a very strong-hearted stallion that has so far sired 8 foals, one of which competes successfully in many different competition styles. Lucky for us, he is currently standing for 50 grand. If you're looking for a potential sire for your Western Pleasure bloodline, he might be just the right mix.

Spotlight
Now for my spotlight. Again, I was able to find a horse that I'm happy to light up for the community. This time it's a horse with a far older id. But that doesn't take away from her at all. As a Walkaloosa, this rare breed mare is a one-of-a-kind on the competition circuit. Topped only by her full-brother MFI October Wind ♂,
MFI Double Delight ♀

proves that perhaps only her sex is the splitting difference between the two of them. She sports a blazing 106 wins out of 285 starts.
This mare is certainly a contender, not just because of her rarity, but also because of her pedigree and competition record. She's been hanging around successfully for awhile and may prove a daunting line to cross, before tackling the record scores for the Western Pleasure discipline.
Congratulations, and Good Luck!

Extras
Chevelle Boarding
For all your boarding needs.
Operated as a frozen account.
Plenty of extras, including standing and champing.

Check out the Manager's Challenges in some of the other newsletter branches. More to come in later releases!

That's it for me!
Current Newsletter Manager, signing out. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Gymkhana Newsletter! Latest NEWS

Post by BlackOak2 »

Welcome to Issue #4 of the Gymkhana Newsletter!

Announcements
It seems as our current writer, Lila25172, is busy and cannot cover the branch this month. So I'll be covering it. Hope you enjoy the read! And of course, communications go here.

Barrel Racing
News
After the blowout last release of all the new records broken, I am reporting today that there has been no new ones. Whew! What a month last release covered! So Exciting! Remember that the record is almost 21 seconds flat, so keep that in mind for the next generations.

Spotlight
We have a lot of familiar faces among the competitions this month as well. Such horses like MFI Tonkawa Bar ♀ and JB Nodak Nugget are still making their marks, not just in the Gymkhana branch, but also in the Ranch branch of our newsletter.
And of course, last month's record breaker ℬᏟᏕℛ 紅色復仇者 AKA Red Avenger is still hanging around, beating butts and still trying to break more records.
So where is my spotlight falling with this release? It falls with this horse:
(OFE) Lingering Obsidian Asterisk

(OFE) Lingering Obsidian Asterisk is a brilliant, purebred, bright chestnut thoroughbred that isn't just making his presence known in Barrels, he is only 1 second and one tenth off from matching those records himself! But that's not where it ends. What's also amazing about this fella is that for 5 full generations, NONE of his parents, grandparents or direct ascendant lineage had earned any titles at all in any competition. Going all the way back to |{WC}| Oblivious Promises who made just a bare showing in hunter, earning a single champion title.
So this unknown stallion to hit the Barrels circuit hot and hard, it makes one wonder just what his offspring might attain. Congratulations, ExRaceHorseChamp and Pyon!

Pole Bending
News
Lookie, lookie who's again pulling records! MFI Sahara Desert ♂, for what appears to be the third month in a row, has broken, not just one, but two records in quick succession! Level 8, broken on March 7th is again broken by this same stallion on March 12th! How many more records will this stallion by Elaina Brewster and Baranduin Brewster break? Will we ever break a better score? I do hope so, seeing records moving is a great motivator! Plus I like to see one horse kicked and another taking their place. :mrgreen:
Remember that the goal for Pole Bending sits at approximately 27 and a half seconds. Good Luck breeders!

Spotlight
While cruising for a good spotlight, I couldn't help but see this gorgeous silver bay mare:
{MCST} Smokey

Bred and owned by mlloftus, in less than 205 starts, this mare has already achieved a title of Supreme Master Grand Champion. Yes, I said it. She currently has well over 10,000 points earned and that's not total, that is just in Pole Bending. Another thoroughbred breaking successfully into the western competitions, this mare comes down from a line of competitors and broke away from the racing bloodline to produce her. She currently has just one offspring bearing a shiny coat that appears to be a silver smoky dapple grulla. Although not apparently in training currently, this filly still has some big shoes to fill...er... hooves...er.... metal!

Western Pleasure
News
And we have a record broken in western pleasure! Congratulations goes to Savar and his owner and breeder, Elborus and Uralym respectively. He is yet another of the great and daunting Bashkir breed. Lovely stallion in color, stat, BR, score and of course WPS. This level 8 record was broken on February 25th.
We also have another two records broken, these are levels 1 and 2 and is now held by {MM} Dashing Dancer. Now I have just a little more insight on this stallion. Bred and owned by mora098, who took a bit of a hiatus recently, paired this horse's parents and I quote 'had to get this foal trained' after seeing his local workout scores. mora098 found a willing trainer and in just his 2nd start, he broke the level 1 record and in just his 7th start, he laid claim over the level 2 record. And his impressiveness is still showing. After still 29 starts, he continues to maintain a WPS of 100%. What a great way to return to HWO!
And yet, that is NOT where the story ends for this young stallion. Just yesterday {MM} Dashing Dancer, claimed the level 4 record as his own and today, he went on to also claim the level 3 record!
Wow! Sounds like we have an interesting month ahead!
Please also remember, that for Western Pleasure, the records sit between 61 and 63.

Spotlight
After so much excitement of the broken records for this past month, I'm a little wiped for choosing a spotlight. But let's see which one catches my eye this time around.
As I look around this past month, I'm reminded again that there has been a lot of upward movement on the scores highlighted by our Western Pleasure competitors. Recently, I've seen a lot of positive movement and not just in the western branches, but across the board. It's great to see the competition getting better. But for those of you that are still struggling a bit with bettering your scores and bloodlines, Don't Loose Hope... it took all of us some time to get there. It's not too hard to breed better stock. Just practice a good eye and remember sometimes the best matches fail miserably and sometimes the worst matches pop wonders! Take your time and find something that works for you.
I am torn between three horses this time that all deserve a bit of a spotlight emphasis on them. Two that are on their way out, at 19 and 20 years old and one, that's still so young, he can't yet cover a mare. So I will share the spotlight this time for all three.
Take a good, long look at:
SF Brown Gold Warlock

Though he has less than 70 total starts across the board, he maintains a total WPS of 98.4%. Though only very lightly competed, this purebred, buckskin quarter horse comes down from a few heavy hitters, like SF Cool Twin Thunder, SF Miner's Autumn and NR Quarterback. SF Brown Gold Warlock doesn't appear to have any foals yet. Perhaps we aren't just seeing the end of a career, but the end of a Western Pleasure bloodline. So it is more than appropriate that he takes a spotlight.
This second horse, another at the end of his career is and without offspring perhaps the end of this line:
SF All That Sahara Steampunk

This silver bay dun stallion is down from similar lines like SF Brown Gold Warlock, even going all the way back to NR Quarterback too. With both of these studs owned and bred by rosie0922 and hdmcminn respectively, it does make me wonder which mare or colt with similar lines they might be hiding in the wings, waiting to attack and take over some of the records. If this is what's competing, what else is yet unknown?
Lastly, the young colt:
ℳℐ Sequoia of Twilight

Yet another Bashkir (these are taking over! Could they be the next Thoroughbred?), sporting flat, shiny black, he is making an unmistakable stamp on the circuit. Already a Master Grand Champion in under 140 starts and already limited to just level 9 and 10, he is sure to continue to thrive in competitions. Just how far will he go? and with multiple scores in the 60's, will be be our next to break a world record?

Extras
Also! Check out the awesome offer by HorzeLover101, free horses, free conformations, for a newbie, junior or senior player alike, this is a Great Offer!
$1 Horses (((Come All))) - Free Conformations

Also! Check out the **Annual Horse World Online Rodeo**. Positions are still filling! Get in while the rodeo is still open! It's almost filled so judging could begin at any time!

Cheers!
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Welcome to Issue #5 of the Gymkhana Newsletter!

Announcements
This branch is still looking for a temporary, spot-write or permanent (3-month term) writer. If interested, please reply in the Western Communications topic or you can also reply to the new Newsletter Notifications Page.

Check out the new Newsletter Notifications Page! Set up for the community to keep up to date on certain, important Newsletter changes and updates. Also check there for a quick-link to currently running Manager's Challenges.

Spotlight Contest
Today, I bring you a special in the end-judging of our **Annual Horse World Online Rodeo**. The judging page can be found here.
Wow, was it quite the round-up! Pun intended.
The Annual Horse World Online Rodeo was quite the success! Overall, there was 10 events with a grand total of 63 entries! And with the exceptions of the Rodeo Clowns Division and the Junior Barrels Division, all have finished judging. So without further ado, I will offer my own insightful breakdown.
Although there are many of the rodeo that don't fall under this branch, I will be covering all of this contest on this singular newsletter.

Barrel Racing Division
The judge for this division is Jockey's Holding. With quite the full-fledged analysis offered, the judge has finalized the decision of sixth place belonging to Lavender Lace, the Believe Unicorns entry, citing training as the most problematic area. But watching such a green horse try to run the cloverleaf was quite the sight to see! Coming in fifth is MSH Lovelace the Katy_Kanes entry. This mare, at the time of the judge's final look over, was pregnant and during the run, the english tack was an interesting choice as she flew, slightly sliding around each barrel. Both of these hurt this mare's overall standing just a little. Coming in fourth is $HC003$ Snowstorm, the Skyler Brooks entry. Though this brilliantly painted arabian ran the barrels almost flawlessly, he appeared almost lazy and nonchalant during his run. The judge's eyes were twinkling upon first sight then died a little as realization hit that this horse, as gorgeous as he was, did not offer they style of drive or temperament that might've earned him a much better position. Still, I'd like to see his run again! In third place is Autumn Wind the h0rsey entry. The judge words of "What I have noticed when I am competing my own horses is that scores fluctuate, and he has been on 23 seconds for a while, but it is coming down", which seems to mean that this horse is still a bit green. Coming in second is TBF Lightening A Sequin, the 16fang76ok entry. With such an outstanding run and so closely tied to first, the judge had to make a distinction that would separate the first two placements. Here, the fact that this young stallion was run through the cloverleaf bareback and without even a bridle! Yes, you heard correctly, the horse was completely naked! Was the only reason he pulled in second. And now, the first place of the Barrel Racing Division was decided to be MFI Uncle Mo-Seek Rich ♂, the Baranduin Brewster entry. Yes, this big chestnut stallion is throwing his indomitable spirit about! Congratulations all in the Barrel Racing Division.

Cutting Division
The judge for this division is Thundermare. As we should remember, cutting is a very important job for any ranch horse to assume. Cutting a cow from the herd allows the cow to be culled, looked over and even attended to during injuries. So a strong cutting ability is one of the most highly prized in any ranch horse. In the judging, the judges eyes were glued to the horse, the cow that was chosen, how the horse eyed-up the cow and how the horse was able to draw out and keep the cow away from the herd. In every moment, every step and misstep was calculated. By about halfway through each performance, this reporter's eyes crossed as I tried to determine what the judge was seeing. Each nod of Thundermare's head, each shake, each twinkle I caught. And yet, I couldn't quite make sense of what and where the results might end up. In the end, I wasn't disappointed in the lineup though. Each one of these horses, though only two worked under saddle, yes the rest were again naked! were prompt and efficient. Coming in sixth is [HHR] Night on Fire, the Believe Unicorns entry. Fifth is Bluegrass Royal Chariot, the Skyler Brooks entry. Fourth is Broken Balance the Katy_Kanes entry. Third is Spotted Storm the h0rsey entry. Second is Lumière's Whiskey the Jockey entry and that leaves in first place 【ℳℱinc.】 Tonkawa Bar ♀ the Baranduin Brewster entry. Sadly, Guinness 47 {3} X the TahomaHills entry ran off in the middle of judging and hasn't been seen since. If you happen to see this brilliant brown, half caspian, half arabian horse, he took with him half our herd of cattle!

Pole Bending Division
Our judge for this division is Conletra83_Second. Without much pomp or show, our horses launched passed the starter marker, through the poles, around the last, back through the poles then sprinted back through the end marker. Among most sports with horses, the poles have to be one of the fastest run in the world. And our judge is far from unaware of that fact. Sporting a little bottle of eye-drops hung from the neck and eyes peeled open. I don't think I saw even one blink during the entire run of all six horses! Coming in sixth place is a wild boy. Sacred Law the Rynn21 entry. Much like their wild brethren, there needs to be a start somewhere and although this flighty stallion tried, our judge couldn't offer him a better position, offering a 'I do not think that pole bending is his forte' shortly after offering a praising complement of 'He does not have any reds which is great for an AC Turkmene'. Coming in fifth is Bluegrass Royal Chariot, the Skyler Brooks entry. Our judge stats that 'maybe he will get better as he is entered more'. Being a little green in a division will hurt the outcome sometimes. Fourth place is held by {MCST} Cherokee the Katy_Kanes entry. Our judge offers such insight: "we don't truly know his potential... one competition is not really the most reliable source to judge a horse's true performance". Thus the best placement was offered. Third is {MCST} Smokey the mlloftus entry. What hurt her position is her weight and her unusual choice of attire. Another choosing to don english garb rather than western tack certainly turned a few heads in the rodeo. Second is taken by ◇Red Bandit◇ the h0rsey entry. Our judge is certainly impressed by all three of the top of this division. Finally, taking first is 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂ the Baranduin Brewster entry. The only difference that separated the placing of these top two, so it seems for our judge, is the fact that first place holds world records while second does not... yet... so the judge responded.

Reining Division
Our judge for this division is Thundermare. It's been a long day already! Our judges are all looking a bit worn. After giving me an eye that I could only interpret as 'you again', I was passed the results and the judges notes. Coming in fifth is [HHR] Perfect Moment the Believe Unicorns entry. Our judge appears to be a little disappointed in this entry, stating underage, wildness and perhaps a different forte. In fourth is ^WRRW^ Making A Muscial the Katy_Kanes entry. The judge appeared to quickly write off this horse as being entirely too green to really take part in the competition. Coming in third is Reyna the Skyler Brooks entry. Training certainly helps, but without too much experience, it still showed in the ring. The crowd, though cheering all the competitors onward, was more of a distraction fur Reyna then her rider wanted. In second is -Bar K- Ima Stellar Story the h0rsey entry. Our judges eyes began to light up as this red dun snowflaked stallion strutted his stuff around the ring. And finally, taking first place is 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂ the Baranduin Brewster entry. To repeat what's already been said, 'What a stellar stallion!'

Working Ranch Division
Following closely on the heels of the Reining Division is the Working Ranch Division. For a few minutes I was curious why the horses in the ring were suddenly running trials when I heard the announcer replay, belatedly of the start of this class in the rodeo. Quickly I started jotting down notes and was again happy that I would have the judges notes to help classify and write up my report. Our judge for this division is Thundermare. Again I was offered an eye-up as I collected the notes. And again, of course, I am not disappointed. Coming in fifth is [HHR] Bold Stockings the Believe Unicorns entry. Without any experience in this class, this appaloosa stallion was just too confused to make sense of what his rider was asking him. Fourth place is taken by MSH Cowgirl's Cadillac the Katy_Kanes entry. Another green horse, I came to the conclusion as it appeared the judge did as well, that neither of us could figure out if the horse was riding the rider, or the rider was riding the horse. It was still quite the interesting event for them! Third is Flash the Skyler Brooks entry. Sadly, just after he performed in our ring, he suffered a sudden heart attack and passed on. Though he performed to the best of his ability, it appears he was regularly out-performed by many others. Perhaps his age was getting to him and he was getting a little tired. He is survived by a single mare. In second place is Spotted Storm the h0rsey entry. Though this horse is a serious contender, the judge couldn't defend taking first place from 【ℳℱinc.】 October Wind ♂ the Baranduin Brewster entry.

Western Trail Division
Our judge for this division is Jockey's Holding. Slightly glazed eyes over the extended day, met mine as I was handed the results. A mumbled 'that's awesome...' that I was covering this caught my ears. I paused a moment wondering if I should offer the slice of pizza I had at my seat. But the judge was gone again before I could mention anything. Western Trail was held at the other end of the arena, it took me nearly five minutes to locate my special seat, but even then I didn't miss any of the, of what I learned, long-drawn out action. I felt a bit like the judge did during the class, which is when I ordered my slice. Then I forgot to eat it anyway. Go figure. Coming in seventh place is Rhodocrosite 48 the TahomaHills entry. This horse, also sadly passed on just after the class was done. With one last dash of fun, this horse reminded us all of how amazing it is to ride a horse that loves their job! Pulling sixth place is Willow the Skyler Brooks entry. Yet another horse that has passed soon after their class was finished. In fifth is StarLite's Majestic Ash the Katy_Kanes entry. Our judge's notes indicate 'fat' and lacking experience. But there is also a notation of 'accomplished hunter' here. Pulling fourth place is {DW} Hollywood Gambler the Thundermare entry. I see on the schedule a notation of 'filler'. It appears, if I'm reading the judge's notes correctly, that this horse is rather average. Nothing too special, nor too dull. I don't know, I liked her performance. Third place was taken by BGE Danger Zone the h0rsey entry. Our judge appears to be very impressed by this horse, complete with a smiley next to the horse's name. Then the notation also reads 'impressive... for being a thoroughbred'. I don't know, is that some sort of horse racism? Horsism? Could that be a thing? Second place is offered to SL Samson the melanta entry. Again, first and second place was separated by bare variables that to me might have been plucked out of thin air. In this case, the notations describe age and conformation might have been the deciding factors. Which leaves in first place October Wind the Baranduin Brewster entry.

Western Pleasure Division
Our judge for this division is Thundermare. Are these classes starting to run together? or is it just me? No wonder our judges are looking a bit glassy-eyed! Our Western Pleasure Division isn't about the speed a horse can run, or how well they handle the cattle drive or pretty much any other job around the ranch. This division is about when all that other work is done. It's about the long days and nights spent in the saddle without doing much real riding at all... it's about... falling... asleep...
Oh, anyway, it's a lulling experience and should express such as it offers a 'ready' action. How is that managed? Yet our judge was able to figure out what I evidently fell asleep watching. In fifth place is MSH Lovelace the Katy_Kanes entry. I think... this horse was naked? It's still impressive when they're ridden that way, but when that's part of the criteria, sometimes by attempting to impress, points are subtracted instead. Fourth place is $HC003$ Snowstorm the Skyler Brooks entry. This gorgeous paint is beautiful to watch. I fell asleep watching him. I think. In third is MSH Golden Mist the RenegadePegasus entry. Another ridden completely naked, this is the style of 'big couch' that a quarter horse often mimics. Must be SO comfortable...
Uh... sorry, dozed off there again for a moment remembering the class. In second place is SL Sun Eclipse the melanta entry. This horse has been around the circuit a number of times. He is a super-generalist and keeps at it even after all this time. And finally, taking first (again) is 【ℳℱinc.】 Double Delight ♀ the Baranduin Brewster entry. With so many different horses sweeping all these events, is this envy I feel rising?

Bucking Broncs Division
This division is a little different from the others. Instead of riders, these horses are offered by 'stock suppliers'. And the judges rank these horses not on their willingness to please their riders but on their rankness under their riders. This is one of my favorite classes to watch. It's fun to see these horses send their riders into the sky. It's fun to see these horses enjoying their jobs and kicking their feet up. Nobody was deseated in this event, it's not too often that they are, not on broncs, but the straight-legged, arced back, barred teeth spitfire of each horse definitely made certain and non-erasable impressions on our leading judge, RenegadePegasus. Pulling fifth is .:RS:. Stormbringer, stock supplier LadyRuthven. Fourth is DMC Silver Fairytale (Silver), stock supplier h0rsey. Third is River, stock supplier Skyler Brooks. This horse, after the wild ride, took off, cleared the fence in one mighty leap and disappeared into the prairie. To date, this horse has not been seen. Second went to Tranquil Locket, stock supplier RenegadePegasus (I wonder if that made a difference in judging?). And first is eartha, stock supplier Katy_Kanes.

Barrel Racing
News
In the past month, we have had no new records broken. I have heard tell that certain of our record holders and regularly competed horses have been recently retired, thus opening up the opportunity to win and try to earn a world record.

Spotlight
Once again, the Masuren's and Bashkir's are proving to be daunting competition in barrels. However, this month, as I cruise through some of the competitions, I also see Thoroughbreds, Arabians, Quarter Horses, Appendix Horses, Belgians and even a Russian Trotter among numerous others, including mixes, all offering scores under 23 seconds, most under 22.5 seconds. With our record times sitting in the 21-22 range, we are closing in on the upset of numerous world records.
So again, our community has made it a bit difficult for me to choose a spotlight for this month. Among others, some of the new names I see are Hurricane, a Bashkir, from the famous Uralym lines, Mud Pie, a Masuren that has achieved at least one score in the 21 second range, {CC} Cherry Tart a Quarter Horse coming down from a long line of titled horses, Perfect Hollywood, another Quarter Horse also coming down from a long line of titled horses and even Golden Sailer, a mixed stallion that also appears to be a returnee to the competition circuit. Though Golden Sailer's WPS for Barrels isn't as strong as some of the others, his times certainly show good potential along with these others, at under 23 seconds. By the way, he's also currently up for stud.
But, as we know, in Barrel's, tenths of seconds count. So, who, as you ask, has made it as the spotlight for this month?
A horse with a body style that is almost entirely NOT suited to barrel's yet somehow managed to maintain a WPS of 71.4%. She is a gorgeous blue grulla roan, purebred Anglo-Arabian mare, bred and owned by Remix.
[F#] Overthrown

Is currently pregnant with her sixth offspring and although none seem to yet be competitive, they all carry both her color and her striking, flat-hipped look. Congratulations, Remix, on producing such a well-rounded competition performer. She appears to have the potential of being a strong generalist.

Pole Bending
News
We have three records broken in the past month, by not one but two separate horses!
Level 4 was taken on April 16th by FF Colonel Whisky with a stunning upset of 00:27.72 seconds, overtaking the old score by just about one tenth of a second! Congratulations to Calcifer and Frost for this stunning, blood bay, purebred Thoroughbred stallion!
Levels 8 and 9 were conquered again on April 15th and March 24th respectively by the indomitable 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂, beating his own scores for the second and fourth times, respectively! This titan of the poles just won't quit! And I say, Keep Going! Let's see how much further these records can reach. Elaina Brewster and Baranduin Brewster, you're leaving us behind! But the real question is, will 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂'s own son, MFI Ténéré Bar ♂ be able to fill his father's huge shoes? He does have scores similar to his father's. Good Luck!

Spotlight
There are older face like MFI Uncle Mo-Seek Rich ♂, that are mainstays in our competitions, proving a challenging opponent and newer faces like SF Sailing No Stun and FF Extravagant Starlet. Many of the reoccurring fast times are from id numbers that are not exactly recent. But for various reasons, such horses are just now making an appearance on the pole circuit.
Today, I have chosen to spotlight two such horses.
Both purebred Thoroughbreds, bred down from distinct lines and with two very different body styles.
The first I will present has a body style much closely fitting the pole circuit style.
JB Enter the Storm

This horse is a brilliant silver, blood bay stallion bred by JAB and currently owned by Arny. He proves himself time and again with maintaining a WPS of 82.1 in poles and 17 wins out of 39 starts. He is a gorgeous, tall, 18 hand boy who has thus far sired 4 foals with one fairly successful son, JB Nodak Prairie Fire who has not yet been tried in poles. But with such a stacked line behind him and his sire, it's not surprising that JB Enter the Storm continues his pedigree's legacy by producing title-earning offspring.
This second I will present has a body style much more suited to a racing style then poles. Though this doesn't appear to slow down this gorgeous, flaxen chestnut pangare colt one bit.
◇Red Bandit◇

◇Red Bandit◇ is a conletra83 production, currently owned by h0rsey2. Like the first pole bending spotlight, this young colt shows that one shouldn't question his ability on the circuit. Maintaining a WPS of 92.8 with 71 wins out of 139 starts and a Supreme Champion already, he has decided to reveal quite blatantly that he likes to eat pole bending competitors for breakfast. Though he hasn't made a world record his meal yet, he does practice quite heavily in competing in large-entry competitions. He has already sired 6 foals. None of them appear to be competitive to date yet.

Western Pleasure
News
We have another record for this month! On April 6th, level 8 was taken by Kharmanai, a Bashkir (notorious, isn't the breed?) bred by Uralym, one of our major suppliers, currently owned by Bald_Hill. He isn't exactly a new stallion, having an id number that's not too fresh, but until this month, he has never before broken any world records. He's strictly a Western Trail and Western Pleasure stallion and, yes, this Uralym, Bashkir stallion, is indeed standing at stud. He is a very interesting, very strongly papered and thus far, a bit underutilized stallion. You might want to check him out.

Spotlight
Once again, the distance between our records and our average competition best's do show a little bit of a void. But we do appear to be slowly closing the gap.
Today, I bring to you, a son of the same sire of another spotlighted horse from just last month. With an editorial correction. SF All That Sahara Steampunk I wrote up as a stallion. This horse is a mare. I apologize to both rosie0922 and hdmcminn for making that error.
SF All That Frosted Steampunk
Sired from SF All That Steampunk has been pulling in some scores above the 60 line. He is (and yes, I triple checked, this time, he is a stallion), is one of only a handful of competitors that are doing so. He is a uniquely silver bay with sooty rising from the bottom. And so far, he is maintaining a WPS of 100, yes, 100 with just 20 starts, but 15 wins. He was started slowly but either by design or necessity, jumped quite quickly from low levels of 5 and below then straight to 6 and all the way to 9. How much farther will be press his ability? And is a record in his future? Either way, he's not too far off.
He, like his sister from last month, has not yet sired any progeny.

Extras
Manager's Challenge
Super Easy Level: Reward $25,000
Purchase a Grade mare or filly from the market (can NOT be from your lines or related back to you for at least 4 generations).
The grade MUST have been purchased after the challenge has been published. There is no way for me to confirm this. Please adhere to the request.
Breed her offspring into a pureblood using any breed you choose. You may use a market stud or one of your own.
Make the pureblood generation maintain a WPS record of 70% or better in Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, or Western Pleasure.

Easy Level: Reward $40,000
Same as above, except use one of the following breeds: Appendix Quarter Horse, Mangalarga Machador, Missouri Fox Trotter, Morgan, Paso Fino.

Intermediate Level: Reward $70,000
Cayuse Indian Pony, Chickasaw, Colorado Ranger, Florida Cracker, Kiger Mustang, Mangalarga Paulista, Quarter Pony, Rocky Mountain Pony, Spanish Mustang.

Hard Level: Reward $100,000
Use any of the Easy Level breeds and maintain a 70% or better in all of: Barrel Racing, Pole Bending and Western Pleasure.

Super Hard Level: Reward $125,000
Use any of the Intermediate Level breeds and maintain a 70% or better in all of: Barrel Racing, Pole Bending and Western Pleasure.

Extras:
**Note: must complete a level to earn the extra reward
**Note: you need to inform us of your success in our Western Communications topic
Break any World Record of the three competitions using an Easy Level or harder horse breed and earn an extra $200,000
Break any World Record of the three competitions with a horse breed outside of the above category and earn an extra $100,000
First generation pureblood that meets any level will earn an additional $50,000
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana May Issue #6

Announcements:
hi, I will be writing your Gymkhana newsletter for now! Hope you enjoy this release! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us in the Western Communications Forum

Barrel Racing:

News:
there were sadly no barrel racing records broken since our April release, however there have been many horses that have come very close, with times under 22 seconds!

Spotlight:
there are so many incredible barrel horses such as Groj, a Karachia stallion who is dominating barrel competition with his fastest time being 21.74. He has a win percentage in barrel racing of 87.5% and is 10 points away from becoming a champion! Oaken's Glorious Synthesis, is a half appendix quarter horse who has gotten a time of 21.98. This filly has only had 5 starts, but she has huge potential as a barrel racer. There is also [F#] Waka Waka, an an Akhal-Teke stallion who has gotten good barrel racing times around 22 seconds, and SF Silver Gold Racer, a Waler stallion whose best barrel time is 21.92, but for this months spotlight, is a mare defeating all other barrel competitiors, so I present to you:

【ℳℱinc.】 Rags to Riches ♀

this gorgeous chestnut mare is an Appendix and Belgian mix, who has proven to be a barrel racing star. She has had multiple times in the 21-22 range and is currently a grand champion in barrel racing. Rags to Riches is bred by Baranduin Brewster and is currently owned by Elaina Brewster, who is also the breeder and owner of MFI Uncle Mo-Seek Rich ♂ and MFI Never So Few ♂, which are her two sons who also have been doing amazing in competition. This mare has proven to be an excellent competition horse, and an outstanding broodmare! Soon enough, she might even break a record!

Pole Bending:

News:
this morning, my own horse, {RRS} Red Fox broke a L3 pole bending record with a time of 27.59!

Spotlight:
pole bending competitions are tough, but there are several horses that have proven to beat these odds. 【ℳℱinc.】 Sahara Desert ♂, a pole bending record holder is still crushing competitions, maintaining a win percentage of 97.2% and is the top pole bending horse in HWO. But there is also newer competitors, such as DMRTB Impulsion, who has been dominating low level pole competitions, with his best time as 28.17. Or there's Asgaards Loki, a half Akhal-Teke that has proven to be an outstanding pole bender as well.{W} Burning Bubble {MB} and |RRH| Eye of the Tiger have recently been doing great in pole bending competitions, and for this months pole bending spotlight is the one and only:

{SH} Seven Bandits

this palomino thoroughbred filly was bred for pole bending, and she's proven to be good at it. Her parents, ◇Seven Plagues◇ and ◇Red Bandit◇ are pole bending superstars both bred by Red Cheetah. Seven Plagues is a SMGC in pole bending, owned by Soaring Hooves, and Red Bandit is one of my stallions with a pole bending win percentage of 93%. She is also a full sister to the newest pole bending record holder, {RRS} Red Fox. Seven Bandits has gotten times around 27 and 28 seconds, with her fastest being 27.95 in a level 10 competition. She is already a pole bending champion with a win percentage of 92.5% and 40 starts. Seven Bandits is bred and owned by Soaring Hooves, and is currently being champed by me. Will she break a record? We'll have to find out!

Western Pleasure:

News:
again, there have been no new western pleasure records broken in the past month. Let's just keep our fingers crossed, and wait and see!

Spotlight:
previous western pleasure L8 record holder ℬℳ Zephyranth is still making sure that he stays on top. However, MFI Сылва ♂ is a newer western pleasure competitor, with astonishing western pleasure bloodlines. His sire is current L8 western pleasure record holder Savar, so there's no wonder why he's so good! WA Fated Magic Fire is an incredible western pleasure champion, maintaining a win percentage of 100% out of 22 starts! Mother of Dragons is a Friesian mare making her way to the top of western pleasure as well. Although it is hard to pick, I've chosen this wonderful palomino Friesian stallion as our pleasure spotlight:

Kaidu Khan

Kaidu Khan is a champion in western pleasure, with a win percentage of 100% out of 26 starts. His mom, Aerial Princess was also an western pleasure athlete, but his sire was never shown in western pleasure. Kaidu Khan's best western pleasure score was 60.08 in a level 1 competition. This stallion has huge potential, and we'll see as he continues to rock western pleasure competitions.

Extras:

An HWO Community Reminder - Public Notice by BlackOak2.
On Transferring Horses.
Please remember to Always Post the transfers at Private Sale Only!
If a horse is posted for regular sale and is delivered to the wrong person, they Do Not have to return it under any rule of HWO. If you post a horse as transfer and at public sale, you are taking ALL responsibility and culpability if that horse does NOT end up where it should be.
I have been seeing an uptick of such sales and such topic-return requests to take notice that this is likely NOT just mistaken posting.
In such situations, the community can only do so much to help to reclaim a horse and as a community, we are inclined and do back the HWO ruling:
As far as selling horses goes, if the game lets you do it then it's okay to do. If you put a horse for sale and someone buys it, they own it and can do whatever they want with it. That's what selling is, the horse doesn't belong to you anymore.
Remember that the private sale option is there to help protect us. We all have access to it, both regular players and premium players alike. Utilize it!
End of notice. Thank you! Stay green and fuzzy ---> :mrgreen:
h0rsey
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana May Issue #8

Announcements:
welcome back to our Gymkhana newsletter! I hope you enjoy this release. Any questions, comments, or concerns, can be made in the Western Communications Forum.

Barrel Racing

News:
there have been no barrel racing records broken recently.

Spotlight:
MFI Ought to Go ♀ is a gorgeous red roan Appendix Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred mare who has been doing extremely well in barrel racing. She has a win percentage of 100% out of 61 starts and has gotten very well times around 21 and 22. Asgaards Ran is another amazing barrel racer who has been doing well. She is a supreme master grand champion in barrel racing with a win % of 87%! Although it was a tough choice, I’ve chosen to spotlight this Appendix Quarter Horse this issue:

MFI Pass-Kan Avenue ♀

a beautiful chestnut mare, she has high speed (56) for an Appendix! She is owned and bred by Baranduin Brewster and Elaina Brewster, and has done very well in barrel racing, with many times under 22 seconds. This girl might break a barrel record one day! She (so far) has only one offspring, Oaken’s Glorious Synthesis a half Appendix Quarter Horse filly who has been doing well in barrel racing.

Pole Bending

News:
My Thoroughbred colt, {RRS} Red Fox claimed yet another record on 5/20 with a time of 00:27.57 in a L4 competition.

Spotlight:
~DB4E~ Burning Instellar is a wonderful flaxen chestnut Thoroughbred with outstanding times in pole bending. His best time so far is 00:27.66, which is really close to breaking a record! Another pole bender is WH Dubai Doughnut, a beautiful chestnut Thoroughbred stallion who has proven to be amazing at pole bending. He is a master grand champion in pole bending, and has a good win % of 77.9%. ¤ß¥Å¤ Perfect Attendance is an incredible Tchenerani stallion with 63 speed! He does very well in sprint racing, however he is good at pole bending as well. Our spotlight today is:

$HC003$ Fox History

a wonderful palomino dun Thoroughbred colt owned and bred by HorzeCollector003. His sire is record holder {RRS} Red Fox and his best time is 27.78 in a level 10 competition. He has amazing bloodlines and has proven to be an outstanding pole bender, like his father and grandfather. He has no offspring at the moment (he’s not at breeding age yet) but maybe he’ll sire a record holder- or be one himself!

Western Pleasure

News:
sadly, there were no WP records broken since our last issue, but who knows, maybe that next lucky horse will break a pleasure record!

Spotlight:
Clydesdale stallion HH Fellow has been doing very well in recent pleasure competitions, with good scores. But will he be able to beat previous L8 record holder SF All That Sahara Steampunk, who has been dominating WP? Or there’s WA Solar Superstition, a Missouri Fox Trotter x Arabian stallion with amazing scores over 60. He has a win percentage of 100%, and is a grand champion out of only 45 starts! Our WP spotlight this issue is the one and only:

<<MFI>> Başqort ♂

an impressive palomino snowflake dun Bashkir Curley stallion with an amazing win % of 94.1%. He is owned by Elaina Brewster and is bred by Sensei_VP16. He has no progeny (so far) but if he is bred it will be interesting to see how his offspring will do. This stallion has gotten many phenomenal scores close to breaking records, his best of 60.59 twice in a level 10 and a level 6 competition. He is a grand champion in western pleasure, and has several other titles in different western disciplines.

Rising Star
Our rising star of this issue is the one and only:

MFI Ought To Go ♀

this fantastic Appendix Quarter Horse mare has been doing so well in barrel racing, cutting, pole bending, and reining! She has gotten really close to breaking multiple records, good job to her breeder and owner Baranduin Brewster/Elaina Brewster.

Extras
check out the Appendix Quarter Horse Association, a fun club for Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred lovers!
h0rsey
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Gymkhana July Issue #9

Announcements:
no new announcements this week, remember if you have any questions, comments, or concerns contact us in the Western Communications Forum

Interview

I was able to interview Baranduin Brewster last week for this months release!

What is your main goal on HWO?

To breed competition horses

One of your breeding projects is Appendix Quarter Horses, why did you choose to start breeding them?

I started doing Thoroughbreds in racing, and decided I wanted to be different...so, I had an excess of Thoroughbreds and an overabundance of Quarter Horses. Also, I was looking for a breed that could do multiple other event, and the Appendix's certainly fit my bill.

What is your best horse you have bred, and why do you think that?

Currently, my best horses is 【ℳℱinc.】 O-Mok-See ♂. He did surprisingly well in Sprint Racing, and then turned around to do barrels. He is a decent producer.

What has been your most successful breeding project on HWO and why?

I'd have to say, it would be my Appendix's, they have surpassed my expectations, doing well in multiple events, Including: Sprint, Barrels, Poles, Cutting, Reining, Cross Country, Obstacle Driving and I'm starting a line of Inhanders.

What do you think is a good competition horse?

A good competition horse is one that can event and maintain a high WPS record against legitimate entries.

What helped you breed your competition horses and how do you think you have improved since you first started breeding your competition horses?

The biggest help I received was when Sahara Desert kept getting RHs, he made me stop to think and re examine the events. He almost didn't make it to my eventing string, I trained him as a grinder, then entered him in a few classes a filler. He started winning, even against horses better than himself. I now test many more foals, even though I haven't changed my rehome rate much.

Thanks, Baranduin Brewster for letting me have the opportunity to interview you!

Barrel Racing

News:

ℬᏟᏕℛ 紅色復仇者 broke the level 8 record just this morning with a time of 21.1! Congrats HorzeLover101!

Spotlight:

[MM] Hollywood Ambitions, a Thoroughbred colt owned and bred by Modern Moon Stables/Modern Moon Show is a new barrel racing competitor, so far with a win percentage of 88.2% out of 51 starts. Barrel record holders ℬᏟᏕℛ 模仿傑伊 and ℬᏟᏕℛ 紅色復仇者 are still running great times for HorzeLover101! These gorgeous Masuren colts have a win % of almost 100%! For the spotlight today I have chosen last month's rising star,

MFI Ought To Go ♀

is an Appendix Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred filly bred by Baranduin Brewster. She is doing extremely well, especially in barrel racing and has a win percentage of 98.8% out of 451 starts! She is also a supreme master grand champion in barrel racing, has gotten multiple times under 22 seconds, and is already one of the top Appendix Quarter Horses in the game!

Pole Bending

News:

no records broken this past month in pole bending, although it's been close!

Spotlight:

Thoroughbred filly {SH} Arvark's Wind is doing quite well in pole bending, maintaining a good win % above 80%. But will she be able to beat Thoroughbred colt Hades Silver, a supreme champion in pole bending bred by Retsi and owned by Glacier? Perhaps ❦SHR❦ Conspiracy a colt maintaining a win % of 90.9% as a master champion, ~DB4E~ Equine Terror with multiple times under 28 seconds, or Unnamed Horse another Thoroughbred with good times, be up for the challenge? For our pole bending spotlight this month I have chosen multiple RH

∰ Bizness de Whyle -- 53* 10* 0* 16 -- 27.41

a Bitapetrone horse, who has gotten multiple pole bending records, has proven that he's still on top. With an amazing win percentage of 97.3%, Bizness holds the level 5 and 10 records in pole bending, and previously the level 1, 4, 6, and 10 records. His best time is 27.41, his level 10 record, but he might break more records as he is competed more, or he might even break his own!

Western Pleasure

News:

3 records were broken since our last issue, all by my quarter horses. On June 26th, {ℛℛε} Scotch's Blue Star broke the level 8 record with a score of 62.11. But that score just wasn't good enough for him, so he went on to breaking his own record and set it up to 62.14 only 5 days later. His son, {ℛℛε} Scotch's Second Star broke the level 4 record with a score of 62.15 on July 5th.

Spotlight:

Bitapetrone's ∰ Lowrider de Whyle -- 0* 57* 49 38* -- 63.7 is back in the WP business, getting multiple scores above 60. [A] Silver Nights, a Part Forest Horse x Trakehner stallion is another competitor, with a win percentage of 86.8% in western pleasure. {MM} Light Darkness is one of mora098's Trakehner x Hanoverian stallions, who almost broke a level 2 record.

HH Little Smuggler

is a gorgeous red dun leopard American Walking Pony stallion owned by Sassy and bred by Mega. He has done incredible in western pleasure, with multiple scores over 60 as a master grand champ! Little Smuggler also has 70k HGP and has green movement! He is already the 2nd best American Walking Pony in the game as well! (1st best AWP in western pleasure)

Rising Star

ℬᏟᏕℛ Moto Moto

is a HorzeLover101 Masuren colt who has been doing phenomenal in barrel racing. This flaxen chestnut has a 100% win percentage in barrel racing and has gotten some really good times. He might be our next barrel racing record holder!

Extras

no extras for today. I hope you enjoyed this month's Gymkhana release!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:29 am