The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

HW Working Ranch Newsletter ***New Name***

RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

HW Working Ranch Newsletter ***New Name***

Post by RenegadePegasus »

Issue #1- November 16
Announcements
Welcome to November’s issue of the new Horse World Online's Monthly Timed Western Newsletter! :) If you have any feedback at all that you'd like to give us, please contact us here! :D * Please note that this is slightly outdated. I’m very busy and wrote it ahead of time* Also sorry this is a day late. I couldn’t access my draft. And with that, let’s begin!
Interview
For this month’s interview, I had the privilege to interview reyn! They breed mostly Knabstuppers, and compete in many events!

What is your main focus in HWO? I am working towards breeding Knabstruppers, Connemara Ponies, and a small line of Welsh Cobs who are both proven competitors and true to type. I feel many of the top competitors on HWO have less focus on being true to type, so it's especially important to me that I retain the way they should look, while also breeding for showing proficiency.

What breed mostly is your Barrel Racing herd composed of? My main breed is Knabstruppers, of which I have a large number of pure and mixed breed horses.

Do you have any special goals for your barrel racing horses? As in any discipline I compete my horses in, I aim to have the best competitors on the breed leader board, and the very best on the overall leader rankings.

How long have you raised horses for Barrel Racing? I have been breeding horses to excel in showjumping for a couple of years now, and barrel racing has evolved from that as many of my show jumpers are also very good barrel racers.

Do you have any horse(s) that you think are your best? I Dig Everything (http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1412630) is currently my best horse. He sits at #4 overall barrel racing horse, and #14 overall in all disciplines.... but I do have some up and coming future stars who are also sitting in the 80 percentile for barrel racing.

What are you going to do next? I will continue with my breeding and showing program. I want all my horses to have a good lineage of champions so take the time to make sure all parents have a good show record and at least one title, before they breed.

Timed Western Discipline Highlights
News
HorzeLover101 is paying YOU to host competitions! If your interested check it out here!
Barrel Racing
Rising Star
Meet a talented, flashy stallion bred by Aliw1995! Aliw1995 AWE Asmodeus has been winning competitions left and right! He is Smokey Black and has a gorgeous tiger eye! He currently has 145 points out of 26 starts, and a 100 win percent! Definitely keep an eye out for this fella in future competitions!
Discipline Highlights
- €R♛: For There's a Jolly Barrel - Level 10, ran by Royale Estate, Was swept away by Lion Pride Arabians Ch.++Mac N’Tosh with a great time of 22.13 seconds!!
- Amlnoname's ℬᏟᏕℛ Gladiator Platinum won Bashkir Barrels, ran by Uralym, with a excellent time of 22.44!
Horse Spotlight
Look at this girl! I honestly just LOVE the fluffy mane and the appaloosa blanket! She currently has 3 starts and a win % of 100! And, on top of that, she is a rare breed: a 100% Colorado Ranger! Congrats to Mega for breeding her!
Pole Bending
News
N/A
Rising Star
Sassy's HH Riddle is a 100% Polish Arabian champion in pole bending. He is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL seal brown stallion. Out of 20 starts, he has 13 firsts, and he has a 95 win percent! I look forward to seeing what this guy does next!
Discipline Highlight
Arrowhead Pole Bending was won by Prince Ali with a magnificent time of 28.79 seconds!
Horse Spotlight
SMGCh.++【ℤA】Alongside for Guard Is a red Gypsy Vanner Stallion, the #1 top Gypsy Vanner in points+wins, and 3rd in earnings, in fact ( I have his full blood brother, so I look at him a lot :lol:). He is a MGCh. In pole bending, and has a total of 4,007 points in pole bending. He has earned $165,947 dollars in his career, and out of 196 starts, he has 106 firsts! And on top of this, he has a win% of 90.8! Definitely keep an eye out for this guy, and IDK, but maybe someday he’ll be for stud *stares at horse*... maybe someday. :lol:
For Sale
Featured Horse for Sale
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1497831
- ninjasani is looking to buy barrel racing horses. If your interested, see them here
At Stud
N/A
Fun Corner!
Trivia:
The fastest barrel racing time on record (irl) is 13.46 seconds. Who set this record?
a) Kaycee Feild
b) Will Lowe
c) Carlee Pierce
d) Steve Peebles

First to respond in the communications forum wins!
*NOTE there is no prize. You just get bragging rights. WHEEZE

Don’t Forget To Check Out The Other Newsletters!
Last edited by RenegadePegasus on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Issue #2

Issue #2- December 17
Announcements
Enjoy! No interview this time, but I’ve upgraded the fun corner!
News
N/A
Barrel Racing
Rising Star
RCA Better Be Good

Meet RoyalCrownAcres RCA Better Be Good. He is a Part Gypsy Vanner x Forrest Horse, and out of 16 starts, has a win% of 100!!! Congratulations RoyalCrownAcres for breeding this Feathered Beauty!
Discipline Highlights
MFI Tonkawa Bar ♀

Thompson’s Hosting was won by MFI Tonkawa Bar ♀, owned by Elaina Brewster, with a great time of 00:21.82!
Horse Spotlight

Aldenburgs MGCh. Add Name Colt is yet another example of Future Farms competitive flair with rare breeds. This Colt is a North Swedish Trotter, and out of 165 starts, has a win % of 94.5%!
Pole Bending
News
N/A
Rising Star
RRS Regal Speed

This is RRS Regal Speed, owned by LM4ever2day, is a classic champagne Akhal-Teke Stallion, and out of 19 starts, has a win% of 84.2%. Watch out for this fella, he’s been getting some pretty good times!
Discipline Highlight
SMGCh.++ Rh MFI Sahara Desert ♂

∰ Pole Bending at The Whyle was won by SMGCh.++ Rh MFI Sahara Desert ♂, an Appendix Quarter Horse Stallion with a time of 00:28.16 seconds.
Horse Spotlight
{ KO } Sugar for Trophy

{ KO } Sugar for Trophy is an Arabian colt owned by Kellly. He is a beautiful appy with a flagged tail. He also has a 100% win percent!
Fun Corner!
Trivia:
- What is the fastest Pole Bending time on record?
- What is the fastest Pole Bending time on HWO?
First to answer in the HWO Western Newsletter Comunications Forum wins 25k(that’s enough for Horzelover101 to train you a horse after the holidays) per question!
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Issue #3

Issue #3- January 17
Announcements
We ( Newsletter writers) are currently trying to fill spots in our staff. This means some of the newsletters may be late/ non existent this month. If you have questions ask BlackOak2 in the HWO Writers Chat. Also, as always, if you need anything (questions, ads, etc.) contact us here.
News
N/A
Barrel Racing
Rising Star
ℬᏟᏕℛ 小但強大

Is a small purebred Masuren owned by Horzelover101 and bred by her as well. He has 257 points, 33 starts, 12 firsts and a win% of 97!!!
Discipline Highlights
Amberleigh Barrels, Level 10- RH FF Bobbin for Light, a Thoroughbred Mare won $488 and 40 points. She had a score of 00:21.88. Owned and bred by Frost Farms.
Horse Spotlight
FF Bobbin For Light

She is a Thoroughbred Grand Champion RH Mare Breed by Frost, and owned by .Winter. Out of 52 starts, has a win % of 75! Not bad!!!
Pole Bending
News
N/A
Rising Star
Rustick Snow

A Baladi [+3] mare owned by geminichel94 and bred by Djh7. She only has 2 starts, but a win % of 100!!!
Discipline Highlight
Pole Bending 10- level 10- Was won by Ch.++ HH Treasure, a Kathiawari Stallion with a great time of 00:29.87 seconds. He won $429 and 40 points. Bred and owned by Mega.
Horse Spotlight
SCh.++ Rh 8A}The Fine of Wrangler

He is an Akhal-Teke stallion owned and bred by michael899 (being champed by Horzelover101). He has 6,218 points, 338 starts, 103 1st's, and a win % of 91.4%!
Trivia:
no one likes my trivia. SO NO TRIVIA FOR Y'ALL!
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Issue #4

Issue #4- February 21st
Announcements
Enjoy! This newsletter is undergoing adjustments, it is now the Working Ranch Newsletter! If you would like to advertise, provide advice, or anything else to benefit this newsletter please list it here. Thanks!
Player Spotlight
Still being Implemented. Check back later!
Working Ranch Discipline Highlights
News
N/A
Cutting
News

GCh.++ Rh FF Early Smoke, a Thoroughbred colt, set new Cutting L1 record 2/18/20 at 4:30 pm. His score is: 14 cows penned. Bonus Points: 41 Final Score: 14.41
Rising Star
N/A
Discipline Highlights

Cut The Mustard was won by SMGCh.++ MFI Tonkawa Bar ♀ With 13 cows penned. Bonus Points: 27 and Final Score: 13.27. $1,950 and 40 points earned. Owned by Elaina Brewster.
Horse Spotlight

SMGCh.++ .Cc. I dig Everything [26, 30, 37, 51][Y-bal, Y-agl, Y-int][80%] is a Part Knabstrupper x Turkmene stallion. Out of 644 starts, he has a win % of 79.5, And 336 firsts!
Reining
News

Level 1 and 2 Reining was broke by TMCh. FF Yellow Ride with a score of: lvl 1 55.23 and lvl 2 55.13.
Rising Star

WA Freestyle Pharaoh is a Friesian [+4] colt, and has only 2 starts in Reining. But (as of me writing this) he has won 1 in both of those starts, and has a win% of 100! Keep watch of this guy in the future!
Discipline Highlights

A Dignified Cowpoking Interlude, Hosted by Stroctoperry, was won by SMGCh.++ MFI Sahara Desert ♂, with a score of 50.01. $312 and 40 points were won. He is owned by Elaina Brewster.
Horse Spotlight

Our featured horse this month is SMGCh.++ ¤ß¥Å¤ Javelin, who is a Knabstrupper Stallion owned by Silverine, is a very talented horse. He has a win % of 60, And out of 5 starts, has 2 firsts!
Working Ranch
News
N/A
Rising Star
N/A
Discipline Highlights

IMR Ranch Work Championship, Hosted by Nic0924, was won by MCh.++ [F#] Raikou. They had a score of 50.28. $303 and 40 points were earned. He is owned by Resident Sleeper.
Horse Spotlight

SMGCh.++ Spanish Nevada is a Grade Horse Stallion, and is the top Reining horse (by points). He has a win % of 83.9%, And out of 494 starts, he has won first 175 times. He has an earnings of $331,811in Reining.
Western Trail
News
N/A
Rising Star
N/A
Discipline Highlight

Rattlesnake Crossing Hosted by Stroctoperry, was won by MGCh.+ Kharmanai with a score of 58.34. $312 and 40 points earned. Owned by Elborus.
Horse Spotlight

SCh.++ .Cc. I Want My Baby Back [39, 19, 49, 36][Y-bal, Y-agl, G-int] is a Part Knabstrupper x Turkmene Mare. Out of 463 starts, she has a win % of 74.1% and 119 firsts!
Extras
Ads/Sponsors
Chevelle Boarding
For all your boarding needs.
Operated as a frozen account.
Plenty of extras, including standing and champing.
Clubs
The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership is a pretty active club ready to receive new members. They breed QH’s or mostly QH’s to as close to real life as possible. Also they breed for competitive horses in the ring. More info if you tap the link!
Challenges!
Easy Level: Reward $75,000
Purebred, New Line Appaloosa
Breed must be created after the challenge has been published.
Must be descended from a fresh recipe breed creation, but parents can be purchased or used from anywhere (so no making the breed than breeding to a grade or better performer and breeding into purebred again)
50% WPS or better in both of Cutting & Working Ranch
Achieve Champion or better in any competition at all

Intermediate Level: Reward $150,000
Purebred, New Line Quarter Horse
Must be descended from a fresh recipe breed creation, but parents can be purchased or used from anywhere (so no making the breed than breeding to a grade or better performer and breeding into purebred again)
Must be at least 4 star for breed
50% WPS or better in all three of Cutting; Western Trail & Working Ranch
Achieve Champion or better in any one of the four competitions of Cutting, Reining, Western Trail or Working Ranch

Hard Level: Reward $300,000
Purebred, New Line Mustang
Must be at least 4 star for breed and show either Lp or Tobiano markings of some sort (star or socks are acceptable, just varnish or snowflakes also acceptable)
50% WPS or better in all three of Cutting; Reining & Western Trail
Achieve Grand Champion or better in Working Ranch or Master Champion or better in Cutting, Reining or Western Trail
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

HW Working Ranch Newsletter

Post by BlackOak2 »

Issue #5 - March 21st

Announcements!
Our writer of this branch, RenegadePegasus, after fulfilling the three-month term limit, has decided to not renew the writing position at this time. We thank Renegade Pegasus for their contributions to this branch and the Newsletter as a whole and will look forward to welcoming them back in the future, if they wish to return.
Please help me in offering a warm send-off for our writer. :mrgreen:
So I will be covering this release.
As is usual, all comments, concerns, questions, [manager's challenge answers!] can be made in this link.

Cutting
News
There hasn't been any new records broken in the cutting competitions in the past month. Remember the goal is 14 cows to match the record and about 14.2 to 14.5 for the score. The community is closing in on it, but we're still not quite there. Keep Going!

Spotlight
Our spotlight today is:
MFI Uncle Mo-Seek Rich ♂

He is a gorgeous chestnut, purebred Appendix Quarter Horse. Coming down from two proven competitor parents, it's easy to see that this stallion is living up to his parents legacy. His best WPS so far is in this competition, with a 100% WPS and 57 firsts out of 78 starts. Congratulations, Elaina Brewster & Baranduin Brewster, for successfully breeding and competing such a gorgeous stallion! Perhaps he'll be able to break one of our records yet!

Reining
News
There hasn't been any new records broken in the reining competitions either in the past month. Remember the goal is approximately 55. Get near that or break it and you'll likely be sitting on or breaking records!

Spotlight
We aren't very close to breaking the records; the closest horses are currently pulling just about 50. So it was difficult finding something to spotlight.
I have settled on a JAB bred and Arny owned, palomino, purebred Quarter Horse stallion named:
JB Sugar Frosted Pyrite

Why did I settle on this brilliantly colored stud? Because in reining, he holds a WPS of 100. He has 41 starts and 21 firsts. That's decently good, and perhaps will provide the genes for the next generation to get much closer to our world records. At 18 years, this stallion has 6 offspring, one, of which, is proving to be successful in reining (among other competitions styles) although not quite as successful as his father. We'll have to wait and see if Jb Sugar Frosted Pyrite's lineage can break a world record.

Western Trail
News
It has been too long since we've had a record broken here! We need to get closer. Remember that our goal is 61, although some of those levels, if you can get into the 58 or 59 area, you might break one anyway. We are SO CLOSE to these records! Keep at it, it's near enough to taste! Tastes like sweet, lemon-honey flavored cloud!

Spotlight
OOOO!!! We're So Close to those records!
Such horses like Taamyr (who's currently for stud for $50,000 a covering) have broken into that 60 area, within 'easy' reach of that world record. I counted no less than 3 separate horses in that area in just this last month.
Today, however, I have had to decide and settle on:
Radon

This horse, another from the amazing Bashkir breed that's clopping all over HWO, is bred and comped by Uralym and Elborus, respectively. Why this horse and not another? Oh, I suppose there really isn't too much of a reason, with two scores hitting 60, an HGP of 72k, 5 golds, and 4 confo scores in the 40's with an additional score in the 50's, he's pretty impressive overall. He's sired 6 offspring to date, but although none are competing, there are a couple in early training, include his son, Rowdy who's almost finished training and takes after much of his father's stats.

Working Ranch
News
We haven't had movement on the records here either. We still seem to be a bit off of this record. Remember, our goal is about 64. We still have more work to do, not as much as in some areas, but still a bit of a climb. Keep Going! We're almost there! I can see it, the slow, inevitable climb toward that goal, all last month.

Spotlight
Though there is still a bit of a valley to cross between the record and our best HWO Working Ranch times, I had a bit of a difficult time trying to choose the spotlight between SL Relic who holds a WPS of 92.1% after 76 starts, SF Archangel's Swift Soul who holds a WPS of 98.5% after 67 starts and the one I chose:
RA Repeat Troubled Chariot

These last two, SF Archangel's Swift Soul and RA Repeat Troubled Chariot are both bred and owned by ramcminn and rosie0922 respectively. The spotlighted horse, RA Repeat Troubled Chariot is almost a purebred appaloosa sporting a gorgeous palomino blanketed coat. Out of 36 starts, he has 20 firsts and appears to be delicately moved up through the levels. His best to date is 60.21 and he's pulled that score, not once, but twice! We will need to keep watch on him, not only in the competition barn, but in the future in the breeding shed. He currently has no offspring.

Extras!
Don't forget the manager's challenge located in the release before this one!

Also! Check out the awesome offer by HorzeLover101, free horses, free conformations, for a newbie, junior or senior player alike, this is a Great Offer!
$1 Horses (((Come All))) - Free Conformations
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Mlloftus
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: HW Working Ranch Newsletter ***New Name***

Post by Mlloftus »

Issue #6 - April 16th

Announcements!
I will be covering this release, as your new (temporary) writer! I may soon be moving up to the managers position.
All comments, concerns, questions, can be made in this link.

Cutting
News
There hasn't been any new records broken in the cutting competitions in the past month. The goal is still 14 cows to match the record and around 14.2 to 14.5 for the score. We are so close, to breaking it!
Spotlight
The spotlight today is:
FF Hawaiian Ballerina

He is a beautiful Bay, who is a Part Thoroughbred x Caspian stallion. Though he only has a 88 WPS, his best score is 14.41! He is close to breaking a world record! He has 11 firsts out of 22 starts but he could possibly father future champions. Way to go Frost for breeding this wonderful horse!

Reining
News
There hasn't been any new records broken in the reining competitions either, the last one was back in January!
The worlds record is about 55. We can do it, we are so close!

Spotlight
We are getting no closer to the world record here, the spotlight is FF Gallant Twister
. Also, bred by Frost. He only has a WPS of 69.1 but his highest score is 52.57 which is the closest we have gotten to any record. There is not much else to say about this wonderful stallion, but we can hope that he will be the one to break the record.

Western Trail
News
we have had a record broken! This record was broken by Taamyr with a score of 61.07. What an amazing horse!

Spotlight
Todays spotlight horse is: NK Forever Touch
. Bred by NotKate and owned by Asgaard. He is coming close to world records with a score of 59.6 and a 90 WPS. Could he possibly break a worlds record? NK Forever Touch is a Friesian stallion, he has an about average conformation which is why it is a bit surprising that he is doing so well. We can all hope that he will break one of our world records.

Working Ranch
News
It has been a long time since any of these records have been broken as well. Remember we are aiming for a score that is about 64, I know that we can do it!

Spotlight
Though there is quite a long way to go between the record and our best HWO Working Ranch times, we should be able to do it. the spotlight is ℬℳ Zephyranth
bred and owned by Totina. ℬℳ Zephyranth is one of her famous Forest Horses. He has a 70.1 WPS but a high score of 57.96. he has sired two broodmares who are just at breeding age. With he father any champions? Will those broodmares produce any champions? We will just have to wait and see.
Extras!
I do not think that there any extras today.
Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
~W.C. Fields
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Issue #6 - May 23rd

Announcements!
I’ll be the new writer for 3 possibly even more months!
All comments, concerns, questions, can be made in this link.

Cutting

New Records

∰ Kotal de Whyle -- 0* 59* 37* 28 -- 65.04
has broken the Level 10 World Record on May 13th with 14 cows pended, 51 Bonus Points, and a total score of 14.51 Points. He's a 7 year old Part North African Barb x Tarpan from Bitapetrone Lines. Remember, in Cutting we are aiming for 14 cows and around 20 Bonus points.

Spotlight Horse

Gahaj
Gahaj is this months spotlight horse. He’s a 17.1 Karachia Stallion. He’s a Grand Champion in Cutting, with 52 starts, 31 firsts, 16 seconds, and 3. This gives him a 96.2% win rate. He’s currently level 4, although I expect him to progress much higher in Cutting. Keep an eye out for him!

Reining

New Records

has broken another record! On May 10th he broke the level 6 world record with score of 55.63. Remeber, in Reining we are aiming for a score of 55.

Spotlight Horse

SF Presidential Archangel
is May’s spotlight Reiner. With a win percent of 97.4%, he’s won almost all of his reining competitions! He’s had 76 starts, 49 firsts, 20 seconds, and 5 thirds. This Quarter Horse colt is only 2 years 5 months old and he’s already kicking butt!

Western Trail

New Records

SF Ancient Smokin Red
has broken the Level 1 World Record with a score of 61.14 on May 16th.

Taamyr
has beaten level 8 World Record with a score of 60.41 on May 12th.

Remember, in Western Trail, we are aiming for scores of 60. Keep on breaking records!

Spotlight Horse

H S Reds Magic
is this month’s Western Trail Spotlight! He is a Grand Champion in Western Trail, with 90 starts, 43 firsts, 15 seconds, and 13 thirds, he has a Win Percent of 82.2%. He’s a massive 19.1 Part Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred Chestnut stallion! This guy will fo far!

Working Ranch

New Records

has broken the Level 5 World Record with a score of 65.04. This guy is quite impressive!
Remember to aim for a score of 65!

Spotlight Horse

{RRS} Hollywood Eclipse
is the Spotlight Horse. He has 221 Starts, 81 Firsts, 59 Seconds, and 38 thirds. This gives him a Win Rate of 83.7%. He’s a 16.1 Silver Bay Quarter Horse stallion. This guy is amazing all around!

Best Overall Horse
This is something I haven’t seen anyone else do, but I will start doing this!

Is the horse I choose for Best Overall Horse. He is a record holder in all of the mentioned disciplines, excluding Western Trail!

Extras

Make Sure To Check Out The Appendix Quarter Horse Association!
Also Look At The Quarter Horse Breeding Partnership

If you want to nominate a horse for Best Overall or Spotlight horse in any discipline, please tell me here!
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Issue #7, Third Week in June 2020
Hello, and welcome to the 7th issue of the Working Ranch newsletter branch.
I will be taking over as the writer for this newsletter branch. If you have questions, concerns or feedback please feel free to contact me on the Western communications forum. I would love to hear from you!
Cutting

News
No new records this month.

Just starting out in their careers is bay roan Connemara stallion {RRS} Wildfire and chestnut Appendix Quarter Horse mare 【ℳℱinc.】 Pass-Kan Avenue ♀. Coming in later in their careers are silver bay Quarter Horse stallion {ℛℛε} Hollywood Eclipse and chestnut Thoroughbred stallion KS Strong.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in the Cutting events, the evaluated states are Agility, Intelligence, Strength and Speed. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Fun Fact: Cutting is a competition in which a horse and rider must work together to demonstrate the horse's ability to handle cattle. Each run is 2.5 minutes in length.
Reining
News
Again no new records for this issue.

Just starting out their career in Reining is chestnut Appendix Quarter Horses mare 【ℳℱinc.】 Pass-Kan Avenue ♀, chestnut Appendix Quarter Horse stallion Oaken's Payback and grey Karachia mix Shuun. Later in their careers is silver bay Quater Horse stallion {ℛℛε} Hollywood Eclipse and black Friesian stallion Legend Awakened.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in Reining events, the evaluated states are Agility, Strength, Movement and Balance. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Fun Facts: Reining is a competition where the riders guide a loping horses through a precise pattern of circles, spins, and stops.
Western Trail
News
In Western Trail came back this month to take the level two word record on June 2nd. SF Ancient Smokin Red is a chestnut Quarter Horse stallion with a 100% win ratio so far. Congratulation is in order for this stellar stallions breeder hdmcminn and owner rosie0922.

Just starting out in their careers is bay Lipizzaner - Arabian cross stallion KL Whiskey N Crowns, bay Estonian Native stallion SF Destined Atlantic and chestnut Friesian stallion WA Khan's Freestyle Vortex. In the later levels we have silver bay Quarter Horse stallion {ℛℛε} Hollywood Eclipse and chestnut Quarter Horse - Thoroughbred cross stallion HS Reds Magic who are currently holding a high win ratio in over 500 events.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in Western Trail events, the evaluated states are Agility, Balance, Intelligence and Stamina. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Fun Fact: Trail is a class at horse shows where horse and rider must navigate a series of obstacles. Originally designed to resemble situations that one might encounter when on a trail, modern classes now focus more on agility and manners.
Rising Star
This issues rising star is Hollywood Eclipse is a silver bay Quarter Horse stallion, who is owned and bred by h0rsey. He currently has no world records, but he has shown aptitude in all three events featured in this newsletter, as well as Barrels and Working Ranch. It will be interesting to see where this young stallions career takes him.
Working Ranch, Issue #7
June 2020

Other Newsletters
Racing Newsletter + Contact
English Eventing Newsletter + Contact
English Non-Eventing Newsletter + Contact
Gymkhana Newsletter + Contact
Driving Newsletter + Contact
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

Issue #8, Third Week in July 2020
Hello, and welcome to the8th issue of the Working Ranch newsletter branch.
I will be taking over as the writer for this newsletter branch. If you have questions, concerns or feedback please feel free to contact me on the Western communications forum. I would love to hear from you!
Cutting

News
No records this month.

Just starting out in their careers is Quarter Horse stallions SF Ancient Smokin Red, Unnamed Horse and Missouri Fox Trotter - Arabian cross WA London Fog. Also fresh off the race track Appendix Quarter Horse stallion MFI Never So Few ♂. We are seeing a real battle in the later levels between Supreme Master Grand Champions; North African Barb - Tarpan cross stallion ∰ Kotal de Whyle and Appendix Quarter Horse - Thoroughbred cross mare MFI Ought To Go ♀ both are maintaining 94% or higher in over 250 events.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in the Cutting events, the evaluated states are Agility, Intelligence, Strength and Speed. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Horse Spotlight will come from the top placings in the HWO Cutting Spotlight event.

Fun Fact: National Cutting Horse Association (or NCHA) was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas.
Reining
News
Again no new records for this issue.

Just starting out their career in Reining is a trio of Friesian stallions WA Metallic Elder Dragon, 【ℤA】Careful, It's True and Coup d'état. Not wanting to allow the Friesians all the Reining glory, Gypst Vanner stallion 【ℤA】A Tangent Snowball decided to make a few runs to challenge them. In the later levels between Supreme Champions; North African Barb - Tarpan cross stallion ∰ Kotal de Whyle and Appendix Quarter Horse - Thoroughbred cross mare MFI Ought To Go ♀ are back duking it out between them, both are maintaining 90% or higher in over 200 events. This is looking like a real rivalry between these two horses.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in Reining events, the evaluated states are Agility, Strength, Movement and Balance. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Horse Spotlight will come from the top placings in the HWO Reining Spotlight event.

Fun Facts: National Reining Horse Association (NRHA) was formed in 1966, and has developed a worldwide following. The International Federation for Equestrian Sports recognized it in 2000, and it was added as a part of the World Equestrian Games in 2002
Western Trail
News
No new records this month.

Just starting out in their careers is Quarter Horse stallion R&R Poco Zest, Estonian Native stallion EH Five Star and Pahlavan stallion Avas Hope ƸӜƷ. In the later levels we have Quarter Horse stallions Royal Gold and MFI Wimpy P-1 ♂. North African Barb - Tarpan cross stallion ∰ Kotal de Whyle makes his third appearance in this issue, holding a Supreme Master Grand Champion while maintaining a 90% or better win ratio in over 650 events.

For anyone who might be interested in participating in Western Trail events, the evaluated states are Agility, Balance, Intelligence and Stamina. The horse or pony must be between 9.0hh to 21.3hh to participate.

Horse Spotlight will come from the top placings in the HWO Western Trail Spotlight event.

Fun Fact: One of the fastest growing equine sport is Extreme & Mountain Trail Riding, which is open to any horse, pony or mule and can be ridden in either English or Western. The primary focus of the event is not only to properly negotiate obstacles, but to execute them with finesse.
Rising Star
This issue, I'm going to choose two rising stars since they seem to be rivals in two of the three featured events. First up lets do the boy: Kotal is a black North African Barb - Tarpan stallion, who is owned and bred by Bitapetrone. He holds multiple world records in Western Trail, Cutting, Working Ranch and Reining and maintains a win ratio of over 90% in each of the events, and 93% in all disciplines combined. He has amassed $1,440,464 in over 1,450 events. Congrats to Bitapetrone!

Up second, amazingly enough is a mare: Ought is a chestnut roan Appendix Quarter Horse - Thoroughbred mare, who is owned and bred by myself. She holds no world records but events aggressively in Barrel Racing, Cutting and Reining. She maintains a win ratio of over 95% in each of those three events, while periodically entering in Pole Bending. Over all 1,200 events she has pulled in $1,257,434 and maintains an 98% win rate.

Working Ranch, Issue #8
July 2020

Other Newsletters
Racing Newsletter + Contact
English Eventing Newsletter + Contact
English Non-Eventing Newsletter + Contact
Gymkhana Newsletter + Contact
Driving Newsletter + Contact
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Working Ranch October Issue #9

Announcements:
Ok, sorry the working ranch and several other newsletters haven't been getting their usual monthly release, Baranduin Brewster usually writes them, but they unfortunately haven't been active anymore. So, I will be writing the Working Ranch newsletter! (Soaring Hooves is writing gymkhana)
Anyway, if you have questions, comments, or concerns, check out the Western Communications Forum otherwise enjoy this release of the working ranch newsletter!

Cutting

News

There have been no cutting records broken recently

Spotlight

Quarter Horse x Thoroughbred filly ♕♥ is maintaining a 100% WPS and has some very good scores! Her half brother BM Hollywood Night is also doing well in cutting, with the same win % of 100%. ╚Ӂ╝ Dark Spirit {Lilith} is a stunning Arabian x Shetland mare, who doesn't have the best win percentage in cutting, but her scores are good and she has very nice agility. None of her two offspring are competitive yet, but they could be pretty competitive in cutting.

WR Sun Frost

Is an appaloosa stallion who has sadly passed on, but he did very well in cutting, and had a win percentage over 90. Not only that, but he also got scores over 13, which is pretty close to the records. The cutting world records range from 14.2-14.51 (found here) He is bred and owned by OliviaRoseEquine and had two offspring, neither were trained.

Reining

News

Quarter Horse colt {ℛℛε} Docs Superstar broke the L5 reining record with a score of 55.02 on October 10th. The very next day, he broke the L9 record with a score of 54.82!

Spotlight

Quarter Horse stallion BM Winter Fever has a great win percentage in reining, and some pretty nice scores, too. This marvelous Appaloosa stallion, RA Dart's Gold Secret is doing absolutely amazing in reining, winning 4 of his 4 starts. He also has gotten good scores, and would make a really good reiner.

*H* Sorcerer's Request

This big boy is a Belgian, who not only is dominating log pull, obstacle driving, and marathon driving, but also reining! He has gotten multiple scores over 50, and maintains a win percentage over 95 percent! Right now, Sorcerer's Request is a champion in reining, out of only 48 starts.

Western Trail

News

There were no western trail records broken this month

Spotlight

Quarter Horse x Bashkir mare ✯ Cleopatra's Little Voice is getting some good western trail scores, along with Quarter Horse Rex's Blues. RA Double Red Calibre is also doing well in western trail, with only two starts so far, but good scores and a beautiful color! Arabian x Belgian stallion Venomous Prince has sadly passed on, but did very well in western trail.

SF Moonstone's Gold Miner

This silver buckskin Quarter Horse stallion is doing remarkably well in western trail, with a win percentage of 96.3%! He also has 5 golds and is a supreme champion in western trail. But not only that, he also is doing great in reining, working ranch, and western pleasure.

Working Ranch

News

Again, no records broken

Spotlight

Nadir is an Arabian stallion who is becoming very good in working ranch, he has a win percentage of 100% and is almost a champion! Song Of The South is a grand champion in working ranch, and also has some very good scores.

HH The Golden Ticket

This horse is incredible! He is an American Warmblood with gold movement, and not only is he great in working ranch, but he's also a star in cross country, western pleasure, hunter, dressage, and so on. He also has 69k HGP and 5 golds, and has gotten some great working ranch scores!

Rising Star

BM Vanilla Ice Cream

Is a beautiful silver perlino Quarter Horse stallion, who is doing well in several events. He is bred by Blue Meadows and owned by HorzeCollector003. He has gotten some good looking scores in cutting, western pleasure, western trail, show jumping, cross country, and reining.

Extras

Check out Emlyn's HWO NFR!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am