The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Need a Trainer for 8-Year-Old Horse

Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Need a Trainer for 8-Year-Old Horse

Post by Thundermare »

Hello everyone. I have this girl:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2225057
She is eight years old, almost nine, and I would like to have her trained so I can compete her.
The problem is, most trainers prefer to train younger horses as opposed to those closer to the age of ten, so I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to train her? I am willing to pay anything reasonable (up to 50k, maybe more).
Please let me know and I will put her up for offers. Thank you!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Need a Trainer for 8-Year-Old Horse

Post by Silverine »

Thundermare wrote:Hello everyone. I have this girl:
She is eight years old, almost nine, and I would like to have her trained so I can compete her.
The problem is, most trainers prefer to train younger horses as opposed to those closer to the age of ten, so I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to train her? I am willing to pay anything reasonable (up to 50k, maybe more).
I can train her. Though she'll be almost 11.5 to 12 by the time she's done (that's just how long training takes in-game). No charge. Let me know if you're interested.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Silverine wrote:
Thundermare wrote:Hello everyone. I have this girl:
I can train her. Though she'll be almost 11.5 to 12 by the time she's done (that's just how long training takes in-game). No charge. Let me know if you're interested.
Thank you so much! That's very kind of you. I put her up for offers :)
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Thundermare wrote: Thank you so much! That's very kind of you. I put her up for offers :)
Offer sent.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Thundermare wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that your mare is ready:

Sorry for the delay, I forgot that I was going away for the weekend. :?
Also, some insight from her time with me: I bumped her up to moderate weight as that is generally a good competition weight. Since then she has been in a barn on 100% performance mix and her temperament has gone up to calm, so she is changeable in the temperament area. If you let me know what you'd like to compete her in I can give you advice on a weight/temperament combo that would be good for her and what to feed her to get there.
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Silverine wrote:
Thundermare wrote:

Also, some insight from her time with me: I bumped her up to moderate weight as that is generally a good competition weight. Since then she has been in a barn on 100% performance mix and her temperament has gone up to calm, so she is changeable in the temperament area. If you let me know what you'd like to compete her in I can give you advice on a weight/temperament combo that would be good for her and what to feed her to get there.
Thank you so much! What would you suggest for a Dressage horse?
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Silverine wrote:
Thundermare wrote:

Also, I know you said no charge but I offered $1000 as a thank-you.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Thundermare wrote: Thank you so much! What would you suggest for a Dressage horse?
Moderately fleshy is the best weight, so slightly higher than she is now. And even-tempered just on the edge of spirited for temperament. To get her there you'd want to keep feeding her performance mix so that she increases her temperament with 5% weight gain mix until she's moderately fleshy (so 105% feed total). If she gets to the right weight before the right temperament (which is very likely since temperament tends to change much more slowly) just take off the 5% weight gain mix.

Once she's where she needs to be I'd put her on a 70% performance mix and 30% alfalfa cubes. You'll still have to keep an eye on her temperament because it will still fluctuate, but it shouldn't be too bad with that mixture.

I'll also mention that looking at her conformation and breeder's report I don't think she's going to do all that well in the dressage ring. This horse is a good example of what I'd look for in a dressage horse, and even he sometimes struggles. Your mare excels in agility and tempo, so I'd look for something that emphasizes those two aspects rather than movement. I'd possibly try her in western trail or working ranch (you'd want moderate weight and even-tempered or calm for those two).
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

Silverine wrote:
Thundermare wrote: Thank you so much! What would you suggest for a Dressage horse?
Moderately fleshy is the best weight, so slightly higher than she is now. And even-tempered just on the edge of spirited for temperament. To get her there you'd want to keep feeding her performance mix so that she increases her temperament with 5% weight gain mix until she's moderately fleshy (so 105% feed total). If she gets to the right weight before the right temperament (which is very likely since temperament tends to change much more slowly) just take off the 5% weight gain mix.

Once she's where she needs to be I'd put her on a 70% performance mix and 30% alfalfa cubes. You'll still have to keep an eye on her temperament because it will still fluctuate, but it shouldn't be too bad with that mixture.

I'll also mention that looking at her conformation and breeder's report I don't think she's going to do all that well in the dressage ring. This horse is a good example of what I'd look for in a dressage horse, and even he sometimes struggles. Your mare excels in agility and tempo, so I'd look for something that emphasizes those two aspects rather than movement. I'd possibly try her in western trail or working ranch (you'd want moderate weight and even-tempered or calm for those two).
Thank you for your help :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am