The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

learning to train horses?

HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm

Re: learning to train horses?

Post by HorseGalLovi »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:
i know that is here, but im looking for a one on one help if you know what i mean? step by step, thats all
The guide does have a step by step. I can copy and paste for you.

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility.

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.

This is what I use. I get done from 2.5 years old to 3 years old ( but I have player courses)
oh ok thanks a bunch, i just didnt know if anyone had the time to go through it with me? as once i know how to do it well, i will teach others how to do it to! lol
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: The guide does have a step by step. I can copy and paste for you.

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility.

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.

This is what I use. I get done from 2.5 years old to 3 years old ( but I have player courses)
oh ok thanks a bunch, i just didnt know if anyone had the time to go through it with me? as once i know how to do it well, i will teach others how to do it to! lol
Ok I can help if you have any questions with it. This is what I use, and it is pretty effective
HorseGalLovi
Visit My Farm

Post by HorseGalLovi »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
HorseGalLovi wrote:
Ok I can help if you have any questions with it. This is what I use, and it is pretty effective
ok thanks again for this
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

HorseGalLovi wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: Ok I can help if you have any questions with it. This is what I use, and it is pretty effective
ok thanks again for this
No problem
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:56 pm