The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Expressive Appaloosa Pattern

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Expressive Appaloosa Pattern

Post by BlackOak2 »

This colt surprised me with his expression of appaloosa pattern. I do wonder if he could pass it on, but it's so specific, I have my doubts.
I am considering opening him up to public breeds when he comes of age and seeing if anybody else can get his specific pattern.
This is not a project of mine and I certainly have enough projects at the moment. But if anybody can get a matching pattern from him, or from another pair, I could be interested in purchasing the foal to start a white-tailed or parti-tailed appaloosa pattern.
Asteroid's Tail
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Expressive Appaloosa Pattern

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:This colt surprised me with his expression of appaloosa pattern. I do wonder if he could pass it on, but it's so specific, I have my doubts.
I am considering opening him up to public breeds when he comes of age and seeing if anybody else can get his specific pattern.
This is not a project of mine and I certainly have enough projects at the moment. But if anybody can get a matching pattern from him, or from another pair, I could be interested in purchasing the foal to start a white-tailed or parti-tailed appaloosa pattern.
Asteroid's Tail
I think it may just be that his picture didn't render entirely at first. When I click on him I see a much clearer dun expression as well as a blanket.

Here's what I see:

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
I just checked myself on my other account and what you see, is indeed what I see now, but on this account, I still see him as just the tail.

Thank you for seeing what I didn't.

Funny that I didn't get an 'image rendering' over his coat...

I think I'll send this over to the bugs section for admin to check on it.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: I just checked myself on my other account and what you see, is indeed what I see now, but on this account, I still see him as just the tail.

Thank you for seeing what I didn't.

Funny that I didn't get an 'image rendering' over his coat...

I think I'll send this over to the bugs section for admin to check on it.
Interesting that it shows up one way on one account and the other way on another. Do you switch browsers in between? If so, try clearing your cache on the browser that has him with just the tail and see if that fixes it.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
Interesting that it shows up one way on one account and the other way on another. Do you switch browsers in between? If so, try clearing your cache on the browser that has him with just the tail and see if that fixes it.
Yeah, I do switch browsers. After about an additional 15 minutes it popped up just fine, blankets and all. But whenever I have image issues, the words image rendering always pops up. It didn't on this colt and the page loaded no slower or quicker than it should have (sometimes the horse image will take forever to show up, giving me a hint that something might be having trouble rendering even before the words pop up, this page did not do that). And this wasn't the first foal I had born, so after the page loaded, I switched to the other tab and did the other two of four first. He was the third.

Really, it's about the fact that the words didn't appear and not about the fact that the image didn't finish rendering. After all, that's why our admin put those words there, to help us know that the image is having trouble rendering.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 am