The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Foal Adoption Customizer

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Re: Foal Adoption Customizer

Post by Argent »

Do the genetic limits only include height and color, or type and athletic traits as well?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

The genetic limits control every aspect of the horse:
- colour
- height
- build
- temperament
- athletic ability
- conformation
- manes/tails/feathering
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

So you couldn't really use a custom foal to improve your stock in any one direction because if the breed tended to be, for example, rather unbalanced, you couldn't make the foal have better balance.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Thats not necessarily true. If you stock is deficient in something that you'd like to improve and you aren't able to source a good mare or stallion then you could use the foal customizer to create a horse which is stronger in whatever it is you'd like to improve.

You could also use it to produce a foal of specific requirements needed for crossing breeding to create a new breed. Or if you are trying to create your own new (non game) breed you might want to add some genes from a different breed into your gene pool and you could use the customizer to create a horse with the right genes to add to your gene pool.

So it really depends on what your goals are, it's just a tool to create a specific horse.
Argent
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

Will we have to pay in game currency every time we use the customizer, even though backers paid in cash?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

There is no fee to use the customizer for foals you adopt. There will still be a small fee to adopt the foal though. This is for any player regardless if they use the customizer or not.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

When you use the customizer, will the horse appear as a foal or an adult while you tweak the body features? The adult body is easier to work with when figuring out angles and proportions imo
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Yes it would be the adult body. There are some genes which have limited to no effect on a foal body since the foal will "grow into" his adult features.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 pm