The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

United Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club: Group Chat Place (BEING MOVED)

buzzy
Visit My Farm

Re: Partner Chat Place

Post by buzzy »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
buzzy wrote: Should we have a vote to see which ideas all of us like?
We should definitely vote on a name for the project. I think that should come first
I agree. Can I put some names out there?

1. The United Thoroughbred Association (UTA)
2. Horseworld Thoroughbred Breeders United (HTBU)
3. Horseworld Thoroughbred Association(We could add "& Club" to this one) (HTA)
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

buzzy wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
We should definitely vote on a name for the project. I think that should come first
I agree. Can I put some names out there?

D.M Boarding wrote:

Dreamwood13 wrote:

Rhorsegirl80 wrote:

What do you guys think of those names that buzzy suggested for our Thoroughbred project? Does anyone have any other ideas or have any votes for either of the 3 suggestions?
Rhorsegirl80
Visit My Farm

Post by Rhorsegirl80 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
buzzy wrote: I agree. Can I put some names out there?

D.M Boarding wrote:

Dreamwood13 wrote:

Rhorsegirl80 wrote:

What do you guys think of those names that buzzy suggested for our Thoroughbred project? Does anyone have any other ideas or have any votes for either of the 3 suggestions?
I like the first name :D
Harlow Way Equestrian Center

Quality Breeding & Selling
Proud Breeder Of The Thoroughbred Horse & Other Prospects
[/center]
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Rhorsegirl80 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:

I like the first name :D
So do I.
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Rhorsegirl80 wrote: I like the first name :D
So do I.
So two votes for The United Thoroughbred Association. (#1 UTA)
Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Post by Dreamwood13 »

buzzy wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
So do I.
So two votes for The United Thoroughbred Association. (#1 UTA)

What about the Racing Thoroughbred Breeders Club? (RTBC)
I don't like the idea of highlighting ourselves as a primary group when there is already a racing community with tons of wonderful breeders and trainers included in that. (myself included) "Association" feels a little too official and aggrandizing.
buzzy
Visit My Farm

Post by buzzy »

Dreamwood13 wrote:
buzzy wrote: So two votes for The United Thoroughbred Association. (#1 UTA)

I don't like the idea of highlighting ourselves as a primary group when there is already a racing community with tons of wonderful breeders and trainers included in that. (myself included) "Association" feels a little too official and aggrandizing.
But the only thing about Racing being in the name is that we really won't be competing...More like breeding. I see where you are coming from on association, and would you prefer Club? So like The United Thoroughbred Club? :) And keep in mind that these are just my ideas, I don't want to take the whole thing over. :?
Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Post by Dreamwood13 »

buzzy wrote:
Dreamwood13 wrote:

But the only thing about Racing being in the name is that we really won't be competing...More like breeding. I see where you are coming from on association, and would you prefer Club? So like The United Thoroughbred Club? :) And keep in mind that these are just my ideas, I don't want to take the whole thing over. :?

I personally will be competing my horses when I feel the line is exemplary enough to do so. I needed new blood, which is why I wanted to join this group. As for releasing Thoroughbreds to the public, there is a reason why most Thoroughbred breeders do not. And the criteria we must meet for our TBs falls right into racing criteria. And calling it a club feels most fitting. Do not worry buzzy, you aren't taking things over :lol:
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Dreamwood13 wrote:
buzzy wrote: But the only thing about Racing being in the name is that we really won't be competing...More like breeding. I see where you are coming from on association, and would you prefer Club? So like The United Thoroughbred Club? :) And keep in mind that these are just my ideas, I don't want to take the whole thing over. :?

I personally will be competing my horses when I feel the line is exemplary enough to do so. I needed new blood, which is why I wanted to join this group. As for releasing Thoroughbreds to the public, there is a reason why most Thoroughbred breeders do not. And the criteria we must meet for our TBs falls right into racing criteria. And calling it a club feels most fitting. Do not worry buzzy, you aren't taking things over :lol:
Though, we would only let players who would be dedicated, who have a good amount of money, have a good reputation, and could put time into this project. If a player can give us good enough reasons, they'll be allowed to join us. All of us would decide together whether or not if we should let them join us.

Here are what guidelines I feel that would be good to set for letting a player join us:

1. If they would be dedicated. I don't want to let any player join us if they aren't even dedicated
2. If they have a good reputation (Example: I wouldn't accept any players who have stolen/rehomed horses that they were suppose to train for another player)
3. If they had a fair amount of money. They would need enough money to be able to expand their farm when they run out of room, enough money to feed their horses, enough money to take more courses (like for owning more horses, being able to have more mares pregnant, better training skills, etc.), are able to pay to breed one of their mares to another player's stallion, and are able to buy other horses from the market
4. If they are respectful, trustworthy, and responsible. I don't think it would be a good idea to let a player join us if they're not trustable, not respectful, and/or not responsible enough.

We all can decide on if we like these guidelines enough to go by or if we want to add/change any of it.

Now about the breeding and competing. We can do both. If some of us don't want to have our horses compete in competitions, they can work on refining the Thoroughbreds to certain standards by breeding and share the horses with everyone else who has joined us with this project (meaning both selling and breeding). Sounds good?
Dreamwood13
Visit My Farm

Post by Dreamwood13 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Dreamwood13 wrote:
Though, we would only let players who would be dedicated, who have a good amount of money, have a good reputation, and could put time into this project. If a player can give us good enough reasons, they'll be allowed to join us. All of us would decide together whether or not if we should let them join us.

Here are what guidelines I feel that would be good to set for letting a player join us:

1. If they would be dedicated. I don't want to let any player join us if they aren't even dedicated
2. If they have a good reputation (Example: I wouldn't accept any players who have stolen/rehomed horses that they were suppose to train for another player)
3. If they had a fair amount of money. They would need enough money to be able to expand their farm when they run out of room, enough money to feed their horses, enough money to take more courses (like for owning more horses, being able to have more mares pregnant, better training skills, etc.), are able to pay to breed one of their mares to another player's stallion, and are able to buy other horses from the market
4. If they are respectful, trustworthy, and responsible. I don't think it would be a good idea to let a player join us if they're not trustworthy, respectful, and/or not responsible enough.

We all can decide on if we like these guidelines enough to go by or if we want to add/change any of it.

Now about the breeding and competing. We can do both. If some of us don't want to have our horses compete in competitions, they can work on refining the Thoroughbreds to certain standards by breeding and share the horses with everyone else who has joined us with this project (meaning both selling and breeding). Sounds good?
The more people we extend this to, the less we will be able to control where our horses go. I can also bring forth the issue of greed. What is saying that someone won't come in and dedicate themselves to making money off our work? Selling horses for millions of dollars? I'm not against making a profit, but I will say again that there is a reason that the members of the Racing Community are so difficult to get to. They will not sell you good racing Thoroughbreds and it is because they have lost trust in players. What is to say this will not happen again? I only want to be wary. And I do not feel comfortable becoming a charity for those who will not attempt to develop their own line, as I have.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:00 pm