The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Closed :)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: {TM} Farm Log

Post by h a z e l »

Update!!

I've decided to make a pretty big change to Taylor Meadows. ;)
I will be be focusing on my <TM> Thoroughbreds here, my {TM} Grinder project on _h a z e l 3_, and I'll breed my |TM| Barrel horses and {TM} Thoroughbreds from time to time on this account as well.
However, my American Warmblood project will be ended, and as soon as I get some East Bulgarians for Gaagii's contest, I'll end that project as well.
I've decided to become a "rare breed breeder" :)
I will chose a breed with less than 50 on the game, breed them for a while, sell them, and move on to another breed. I want to help promote rarer breeds, and make them more common in the game. I'll even host competitions for them :)

So basically, I'll be doing Thoroughbreds, barrel horses, and rare breeds on this account, and grinders on _h a z e l 3_.

Now for some updates on my ongoing projects:

|TM| Barrel Horses

Currently on my side, waiting for room on this account to come back over :)

<TM> Thoroughbreds

I got some Mongolians at long last :D :D

I've also got some Tarpan x Mongolian crosses:

Now I can finally breed for some Sorraias! :D

{TM} Thoroughbreds

Started breeding these guys again :) Here are a few colts that are trained or in training:

This guy is Flash's half brother by a different stallion. Since he is out of Vitesse Folle and by my only TB that broke 2 minutes in a race, I'm hoping he'll turn out well on the track :) His name means Red Smoke by the way :)

A son of Dazzled Rose and out of an absolutely beautiful golden dappled mare :) I like his stats, even if his conformation isn't particularly outstanding. And I'm excited to see what color he'll turn out to be :)

A full younger brother to Flash. Isn't he gorgeous? :D He is currently being trained by Kamichi, hopefully once he's done he'll turn out well in racing competitions! :)

Right now I'm just trying to get a good filly so I can enter BB's Triple Tiara races! :D

{TM} Grinders

I've got two grinders that are fully trained and ready to sell and I'm working on a few more :) I plan to let them stack up before opening up my forum again to sell them :)

{TM} American Warmbloods

I've decided to end this project, but it was lots of fun while it lasted! I'll probably rehome and sell off the whole project and maybe keep one or two on my side :)

{TM} East Bulgarians

Right now I'm just working on breeding heavier Arabians and Thoroughbreds before I try for my first East Bulgarian :) I also need to try to get the COI down in these guys :? Gaagii is looking for 80% and under (just a mental note) :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Quick Update:

I'm changing my brand for my scratch Thoroughbred project from <TM> to -TM- . I really don't want to look like I'm copying Tisha's brand ;)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

I have chosen the Alter-Real for the first rare breed that I will focus on :) There are only 25 Alter-Reals in the game currently. This is the breed recipe: [ Arabian x Andalusian ] x [ Andalusian x Hanoverian ].
I currently have two [Andalusian x Hanoverian] crosses that eval 3* or better in the Alter-Real book:

Since Arabians are naturally so light in build, it will take me a bit longer to create the second cross needed for the Alter-Real. I'll need to get a heavier Andalusian stud to cross with my Arabian mares, or start breeding heavier Arabians to cross with any Andalusian. Currently I've got this Arabian mare:

She's in foal to a pony type Andalusian, so we'll see what we get from that cross :)

I created a breeding community for the Alter-Real:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 19&t=18143

Hopefully I'll get some decent Alter-Reals soon :)
Then I can start training and selling them, and perhaps host a high purse competition or two for them!

Wish me luck :D
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Just going to put these here :D
(All the Sorraias I've bred for my -TM- scratch TB project- will be continuously updated)

h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Update!

Thanks to bueskm20, I have officially fallen in love with mini horses.. and I want to try breeding them myself ;)

I want to breed my mini horses for In-Hand Jumping, and also make them as small as I can :D I already decided on breeding a French breed, and preferably a rarer one. I've got these breed options: Ariegeois, French Saddle Pony or Poney Francais de Selle, Landais, and Pottock.
I have to rule out Landais and Pottock because both these breeds are only bred pony-type. According to the In-Hand Jumping world record holder, I have to have a horse type medium horse to do well in In-Hand Jumping competitions. Basically, I'm looking for this list:
1. Intelligence, Agility, Strength, and Stamina
2. Horse type medium
3. Moderately thin weight
4. Spirited temperament
5. 9 inches to 9.1 hands

With that in mind, I now have the Ariegeois and the Poney Francais de Selle to choose from. There are only 2 Poney Francais de Selles in the game, but the Ariegeois breed is also rare- only 29 active. Here are the two breed recipes:
Ariegeois: Fell x [ Arabian x Friesian ]
Poney Francais de Selle: [ Arabian x New Forest Pony ] x [ Welsh Pony x Connemara ]

In real life, the Poney Francais de Selle, or the French Saddle Pony, is a lighter, more attractive breed than the Ariegeois, and it is more suitable for jumping. It's also shorter than the Ariegeois, both in the game and in real life, which will be better for In-Hand Jumping. I am leaning more toward the French Saddle Pony because it is more rare on the game than the Ariegeois. I think both breeds will be equally difficult to create.

I think I will go with the French Saddle Pony or the Poney Francais de Selle. According to a book I have on horse breeds, "this relatively new breed was created in France to make a versatile show pony for children. The breeding program used native French ponies and horses, including the Landais and the Selle Francais, crossed with Welsh, New Forest, and Arab bloodlines. The result is a very attractive pony with a fine head, large eyes, and alert ears. The body is well proportioned and the tail is carried high so the animal looks good in the show ring. Its temperament is generally calm and amiable, although some ponies are a little lively and can be high strung. Because of the mix of breeds used to create it, the French Saddle Pony comes in all colors, including piebald and skewbald."
Height: 12.2-14.2 hands
Color: All colors
Uses: Riding
Temperament: Generally sweet natured
Description: Small fine head on a medium length neck, deep and wide chest, sloping shoulders, straight back, and strong legs

I'm going to try and keep my French Saddle Ponies as close to the real life ones as possible, all though of course they are going to be bred much shorter to be able to do In-Hand Jumping. This is more of a fun project, so I won't be breeding entirely from scratch. This project will also be able to be counted a part of my rare breeds project.

I'm getting excited :D
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

I just want to make a quick post to organize all my projects just to help me out :roll:

{TM} Thoroughbreds

Working on introducing sooty dapples, thanks to Ms. Trouble Maker :D Also trying to get quite a few colts and fillies trained:

East Bulgarians

I'm having the hardest time ever creating heavier type Arabians! :?

She's the closest I've got (4*, the issue being height), but she's only Part Arabian, and all full Arabians studs I can breed to her are light or very light, so then the foals turn out to be lighter than I want :oops:

French Saddle Ponies

Same problem as above- as I need heavier Arabians for this project too. Sighs.

Alter-Reals

I've got the crosses I need for the Alter-Real, but when I breed them I'm not getting any success with getting an Alter-Real... so far.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/barn/109736

-TM- Thoroughbreds

I've got tons of Sorraias now, I'm going to breed them until my Sorraia crosses die off, and then I'll turn my focus to the next steps in the Thoroughbred breed recipe.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Just wanted to announce that I won't be online much until August.. I'll be traveling and working and my life is just super busy now :? I'll still log on once in a while, but I won't be taking any turns or breeding or training or anything like that. Hope everyone has an awesome summer!
~Hazel
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

_h a z e l_ wrote:Just wanted to announce that I won't be online much until August.. I'll be traveling and working and my life is just super busy now :? I'll still log on once in a while, but I won't be taking any turns or breeding or training or anything like that. Hope everyone has an awesome summer!
~Hazel
have fun :D and all the best...! :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) :D :D

(i'm jealous of your travelling!!!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Royale Ranch wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:Just wanted to announce that I won't be online much until August.. I'll be traveling and working and my life is just super busy now :? I'll still log on once in a while, but I won't be taking any turns or breeding or training or anything like that. Hope everyone has an awesome summer!
~Hazel

Thank you so much Royale!! :)
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:

Thank you so much Royale!! :)

no problems....

(and kind of irreverent, but i really hope i catch you before you go offline... ;)
the following stud, would you be willing to stud him?

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1897323

or any other full, or near full welsh pony you may have?)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 am