The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What has everyone been up to?

8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Re: What has everyone been up to?

Post by 8arbarossa »

Sawd10 wrote: I'm working on TB's, Bashkirs, and Sooty Dapple TB's. I'm probably going to grab up one more project.
You could...
Breed a Silver Black Dapple Pearl Horse
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Tisha wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Hi Tisha, it’s so good to see you around again! :) We’re glad to have you back!!
Like Sawd and Black Oak said, racers, specially TBs, are the most popular trend in the game right now. I’ve also noticed that more rarer breeds are becoming more popular because there are a few players that are trying to get every breed of horse on their farm. So they’ve been generating some attention to rarer breeds, which is nice.
I can’t wait to see your racers around again; I’ve always enjoyed drooling over them :lol: Perhaps I could do an interview with you some time to include in my racing newsletter? :D
Once again, it’s good to have you back! :)
Hazel
*Waves* It's good to be back for sure. I've missed the community and my lovely racers! Now I have to try to drag mora, dawn and all the old players back again :lol:

Hmm I should be wondering why TBs are still so popular but I already know the answer lol.

Yes that's indeed good! Other breeds deserve love too!

Ahahaha I think I understand what you're saying. I came back and stared at my racers for a while, their body shape and colours are so pleasing, I got a new appreciation for them. Definitely plan to get back into racing soon!

BlackOak has kindly updated me on the newsletter! And sure, I'm fine with that, although I don't know what you'd want to interview me about lol.

Glad to be back and see familiar names too!
:lol: Good luck with that, all though I do see Dawn around once in a while :) Course I don't even know who all your old friends are.. :lol: :lol: I do hope they come back and even out all the newbies around here though :lol: We had quite a bit of trouble with some new players recently... but luckily Tom took care of them and so things have settled down more :)

High purse competitions maybe? :P Plenty of incentive there :lol: Just a guess :P :roll:

Yeah I agree! :)

Yay I'm so glad to hear that! :D I've missed seeing your racers around! Course I'm not sure if my racers miss staring at the back of yours in competitions :lol: :lol:

Oh I see :) Sorry, I didn't mean to toot my own horn there :lol: :? Well, you don't have to if you don't want to, but I think it's fun for people to read about other players' horses and achievements and stuff :) Makes it interesting- and something to work towards! But like I said, don't feel like you have to :) It's just for fun! :)
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

8arbarossa wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: I'm working on TB's, Bashkirs, and Sooty Dapple TB's. I'm probably going to grab up one more project.
You could...
Breed a Silver Black Dapple Pearl Horse
OOOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.
XD
Why
Do
I
Forget
Stuff?!?!
I'll tell them LOL
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Tisha wrote:Hello! I just returned to HWO from a very long break. I am Tisha, formerly Champi0nBr66der3. I'd love to hear about your new projects, or just anything in general.

Now, I'm a bit lost on what to do, so I'd like to hear any suggestions as well. I used to breed TBs, Standardbreds, Spotted Saddle Horses and such.
I'm also doing a special Dutch Warmblood project. :)
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Sawd10 wrote: I'm also doing a special Dutch Warmblood project. :)
:lol: :lol:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote:...
Well...
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2200052
She's a cute filly at least.

But maybe the worst that either of these horses has produced so far... :| Which does surprise me.
She appears to have averaged out most of the conformation build... which is not unexpected. So the conf scores aren't unexpected either (rather that's a bit what I was hoping for).

Much of the report comments fall in closer alignment with her mother, except for movement, which bests both parents... But she doesn't take after enough of her father. And somehow, she's lower HGP than both parents...

So, cute filly, all black, likely grulla, I figured a buckskin dun outcome. But a failure except for the movement. I would consider her a cull foal. What are your thoughts? Do you have a separate opinion?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Tisha wrote:Hello! I just returned to HWO from a very long break. I am Tisha, formerly Champi0nBr66der3. I'd love to hear about your new projects, or just anything in general.

Now, I'm a bit lost on what to do, so I'd like to hear any suggestions as well. I used to breed TBs, Standardbreds, Spotted Saddle Horses and such.
So, I've been working on Arabians, Thoroughbreds, and Silver Black Pearl Dapple colored horses.

With the Arabians, I breed them to look as close as possible to real life purebred Arabians and also trying to get good COI, breeders report, conformation, and genetic potential.

With Thoroughbreds, I'm mostly focusing on strength, speed, stamina, and sometimes agility for racing and steeplechasing. Also, I'm going to attempt to add the Silver Black Pearl Dapple color to the Thoroughbreds.

With the Silver Black Pearl Dapple colored horses, I'm trying to breed horses with the Silver Black Pearl Dapple color:
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Tisha wrote:...
Well...

But maybe the worst that either of these horses has produced so far... :| Which does surprise me.
She appears to have averaged out most of the conformation build... which is not unexpected. So the conf scores aren't unexpected either (rather that's a bit what I was hoping for).

Much of the report comments fall in closer alignment with her mother, except for movement, which bests both parents... But she doesn't take after enough of her father. And somehow, she's lower HGP than both parents...

So, cute filly, all black, likely grulla, I figured a buckskin dun outcome. But a failure except for the movement. I would consider her a cull foal. What are your thoughts? Do you have a separate opinion?
So, so sorry for this late reply. I've been away on holiday the whole of December last year, and couldn't find the time to log onto HWO.

Looking at her now, she isn't too bad, I think? It's a bit of a disappointment with the HGP but otherwise, I think she's pretty okay. She doesn't seem to have inherited her sire and dam's ability to compete though ^^'
<CS> Racers
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tisha wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Well...

So, so sorry for this late reply. I've been away on holiday the whole of December last year, and couldn't find the time to log onto HWO.

Looking at her now, she isn't too bad, I think? It's a bit of a disappointment with the HGP but otherwise, I think she's pretty okay. She doesn't seem to have inherited her sire and dam's ability to compete though ^^'
It's alright, I understand real life. :D

She certainly is quite the disappointment, but she does have both genes from your competition line and my competition line. Good horses can come from rather awful competing horses, so I have her scheduled for some coverings. I don't have the appropriate weighted stallions at the moment, I went through and realized that all the studs in that medium-light to light range were all related to her dam. :| And all the rest were heavy-pony styles. :roll: So it'll be a little bit longer before I can find a good match for her.

The good thing is that she has some traits that will help me toward where I want to go with this competition line. After having it for so long, using it as grinders and decent money-makers, I know what I want to turn them into. Roman-chariot reminiscent horses. Well, it'll still take me quite awhile to get there.

I'll let you know when I produce some potential matches for her.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

BlackOak2 wrote: It's alright, I understand real life. :D

She certainly is quite the disappointment, but she does have both genes from your competition line and my competition line. Good horses can come from rather awful competing horses, so I have her scheduled for some coverings. I don't have the appropriate weighted stallions at the moment, I went through and realized that all the studs in that medium-light to light range were all related to her dam. :| And all the rest were heavy-pony styles. :roll: So it'll be a little bit longer before I can find a good match for her.

The good thing is that she has some traits that will help me toward where I want to go with this competition line. After having it for so long, using it as grinders and decent money-makers, I know what I want to turn them into. Roman-chariot reminiscent horses. Well, it'll still take me quite awhile to get there.

I'll let you know when I produce some potential matches for her.
Then here's to hoping that her foals won't disappoint! If you need, my horses are available, just let me know what kind of horse you'd like to breed her to!

I have Standardbreds, Thoroughbreds and quite a number of other breeds.

Limousin:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1114913

There are quite a few horses on my frozen accounts that I believe would be a good match for her, so let me know if you'd like a covering!
<CS> Racers
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm