Community Forum

Stuck on this one

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
KittyBiskit
Visit My Farm

Stuck on this one

Post by KittyBiskit »

Diamond

I'm new to colour genetics and still trying to figure things out, I'm stumped on this boy though. When he was a foal I thought he was double cream because of his blue eyes, but they changed colour. I have no idea where he got his colouring from as his parents seem pretty straight forward?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Stuck on this one

Post by BlackOak2 »

KittyBiskit wrote:
I'm new to colour genetics and still trying to figure things out, I'm stumped on this boy though. When he was a foal I thought he was double cream because of his blue eyes, but they changed colour. I have no idea where he got his colouring from as his parents seem pretty straight forward?
Congrats on tackling the hefty task of learning color genetics!

As a first note, dilutes I still don't always have the right answer. When I don't, another player swings by and corrects me. :mrgreen:

First and foremost. Take a look at his newborn picture. Do you see how he appears to have an adult coat already? This is your primary indication that your foal has the graying gene.

And it does appear your boy is a double cream on bay. There also appears to be some pangare at play. So Graying Perlino Pangare.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:
KittyBiskit wrote:

As a first note, dilutes I still don't always have the right answer. When I don't, another player swings by and corrects me. :mrgreen:

First and foremost. Take a look at his newborn picture. Do you see how he appears to have an adult coat already? This is your primary indication that your foal has the graying gene.

And it does appear your boy is a double cream on bay. There also appears to be some pangare at play. So Graying Perlino Pangare.
Just wanted to note that this horse also has silver. So Gray on Silver Perlino (with the noted pangare).
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Just wanted to note that this horse also has silver. So Gray on Silver Perlino (with the noted pangare).
:o I did miss that, didn't I?!
:lol: Too many diluted colors recently, starting to run together perhaps. :mrgreen: Yeah, that's a good excuse! :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: :o I did miss that, didn't I?!
:lol: Too many diluted colors recently, starting to run together perhaps. :mrgreen: Yeah, that's a good excuse! :D
To be fair, I almost missed it, too. Then I was like, wait a minute... :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: :o I did miss that, didn't I?!
To be fair, I almost missed it, too. Then I was like, wait a minute... :lol:
:shock: You too????!!!
LOL
Hah, we're in good company. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!