Community Forum

The Iberian Horses of Firemist Meadows

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Re: The Iberian Horses of Firemist Meadows

Post by Lekara »

stephanie111 wrote:Hi! Nice to see your log!I breed arabs and I was wondering if you would want any help, some of my horses have gold movement-would it help you?
Hi Stephanie111! Thank you for your offer, but I'm going to decline for now. I recently added some Arab, Deliboz and grade blood to my lines and I feel I need to concentrate on getting back to pure Andys for awhile. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know! :)
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

Lekara wrote:
stephanie111 wrote:Hi! Nice to see your log!I breed arabs and I was wondering if you would want any help, some of my horses have gold movement-would it help you?
Hi Stephanie111! Thank you for your offer, but I'm going to decline for now. I recently added some Arab, Deliboz and grade blood to my lines and I feel I need to concentrate on getting back to pure Andys for awhile. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know! :)
No problem! They're looking good! :D
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Thank you!
stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Post by stephanie111 »

Lekara wrote:Thank you!
No problem! :D
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Work in RL got very crazy for awhile, so there was a span of nearly 3 months where I wasn't on at all. Good thing ponies don't age out when you don't log in! So I've been slowly getting back on track and pacing through a couple game years a day to re-assess my herd.

I didn't realize that I had not posted this gorgeous mare:

Salt and Ash

I simply adore her - her conformation is darn-near-perfect and that color is *stunning*!
I got a few good babies out of her (some I will sell to get her lines out into other ranches) and moved her to my second account. In 4 or 5 generations, I'll move her back over to breed with newer stock. Or maybe I'll keep her there to stay pretty forever. ;)

But my HUGE BRAG OF THE DAY is this little guy:

*this guy*

One of my goals for a long time has been breeding a GREEN in Movement. Well, this little over-achiever went straight past green and popped up with a GOLD IN MOVEMENT!! I was over the moon when I saw!
Not only that, he boasts a 66 in movement conformation - 66!! I've never seen a conformation stat that high!

His only downside is that he's not quite full Andy (95%), but I'm still very excited to see how he progresses. It's so rewarding to have my plans finally start coming to fruition.
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Birthed one of my best full-breed foals today, and (surprisingly) it's not an Andy, but a Warlander!

Great GP

With a GP of 52k and sporting 3 golds and 1 green, he is one of the best pure-breed horses I've ever bred.
A small bonus is that his evaluation is very good - he's only a tiny bit too tall (born at 10.0hh).
Other than that, he seems to be textbook Warlander. :)
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

And, only moments later, it's time to brag about a pure-bred Lusitano!
I had this cute filly show up:

Lusitano Filly

She sports 50k GP with 1 gold and 2 greens - pretty good for my Lus herd!

Her COI is creeping up to 25%, but that's about the only negative thing I can find about her.
All 3 of my breed herds are really coming along! 8-)
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Another handsome Lusitano to brag about:

This Guy

His GP is only 47K and he only has one gold, but I really love his build and color. Some of my horses seem to be getting long in the back or slope-y on the hips, so I'm glad to see boys like this to remind me that I'm not too far away from my ideal comformation.
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Lately, my horses (in all 3 breeds) seem to have gotten too tall and too light - looking more like Thoroughbreds than Iberian War Horses. That's probably due to all the other breeds I've been working in bit by bit to get my Golds and Greens up and increase the GP. So now I'm trying to get them back to being a little more hefty and slightly pony-esque.
Fortunately, I rediscovered a young mare that I had sold out some time ago! Her GP wasn't that high and she didn't have any Gold or Green (most likely why I sold her), but her body type is exactly what I need to shore up my thin horses! Now, she is only *slightly* more hefty than my ideal Andy body, but she is extremely close (especially compared to what I'm seeing in my pastures right now).
Anywho. I wanted to immortalize her here, as she gives me hope that I can quickly get my herds back to what I like. I'm so glad I found her again.

Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

Well, it didn't take too long to start getting my horses back to the size and heft that I want!
Like this gorgeous girl:

I absolutely love her build. Plus, she has a GP of 52k and 3 Golds. I think I also see a light bit of dappling on her back!
And not only is she beautiful, she also is the first horse for me to have nearly full on training at a young age *all by myself*. :D

And, another well-built horse, is this young Warlander colt:

Just look at the hefty neck, chunky butt and broad chest - so handsome (but a smidge too tall).
He, also, has great potential at 54k with 2 Golds.
Become a Patron!