Community Forum

Black Oak Baby Trial Comps (including links)

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Black Oak Baby Trial Comps (including links)

Postby BlackOak2 » February 25th, 2017, 8:45 pm

Currently Hosted Baby Trials

So... I run the Black Oak Baby Trials revolving English, Western, Racing/Driven competitions. I do so for those who like to test their babies really before heavy training or breeding stock evaluations or whatever.
I really think they might offer more evaluation potential if I can get them running at quicker than a three day turnaround. Like a 24 hour turnaround instead. Now, I can't do much about the competitions that only allow one entry, and not too much about the in-hand (there are only so many shorties born on my farm) but I can manually fill up the others to run.
How I'd manage this is I'd post the sets up (do my farm stuffs) and sign off, then the next time I sign-on (most often the next day), I'd simply fill the remaining spots to twenty horses thereby forcing the competitions to run. So every three days or so, all three sets will have run.

I'd like some feedback though.

(I have more information about the Baby Trials on my page if any of you want more in-depth information)

Thank You.

Edit: I'm hijacking my own subject and moving the Black Oak Baby Trial announcements here, instead of continuing to bog down my Farm Log. However, that will still be the main page for info about them and additional help.
The question and feedback request above is still open.

Black Oak Farm

Edit #2: So I see sometimes multiple entries or identical from the same or similar (possibly linked farms) farms or animals. Just to remind everybody who uses the Baby Trials, this is a function I'm offering, so if there are any requests, please let me know and I will try to accommodate, for instance... if you want an additional baby trial of a certain style or a baby trial that isn't in the set (like a western if I have english up), or if you want me to cycle the sets a little faster or differently.
Do let me know, I have this posting subscribed to, so I will always see whenever anybody replies.

Still Unanswered.

Edit #3: So I have another option I want to offer. I know there are several events that only allow one entry. For english and western sets, I post a secondary event to accommodate multiple entries already (which get used), I can offer even a third one for them and I may in the future (unless I'm asked to do so immediately, which I can do).
For the Driven/Racing Disciplines, I don't offer additional secondary events, because there are five that would need it and I only have three additional spaces for competitions. Now... to offer a different option, I can split the Driven and Racing Disciplines and have four sets of baby trials, instead of three. What this allows me to do is have multiple competitions for those events. I can schedule them several different ways to allow full options for additional competitions. Some of those options are: Driven set being Driven Dressage, Harness Racing, Marathon Driving, & Obstacle Driving, so that leaves me seven spots to post additional Harness Racing events; Racing set would then be Endurance, Racing, Sprint Racing & Steeplechase, this would leave me the option to give each one a second event (with three open slots). Now I can also choose to split them differently, such as Racing could cover Racing, Sprint Racing and Steeplechase (for three of each of these) and then offer the next set of Driven Dressage, Endurance, Harness Racing, Marathon Driving, & Obstacle Driving (allowing me to give three of Endurance and Harness Racing) and call it something like Time Trial & Driven set.
Anyway, input is always welcome.

Still Unanswered.

Edit #4: Find the links to the Baby Trials with their posts.
Edit #5: Feeling even thicker... find the link to whatever baby trials is currently being hosted at the top of this post.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on July 14th, 2017, 2:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Re: Looking for Feedback on Baby Trial Comps

Postby BlackOak2 » February 28th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Well, I know some of you do still use them, so I'll leave them as is until I get some feedback for changes.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Baby Trial Comps

Postby BlackOak2 » March 20th, 2017, 5:39 pm

Baby Trials English Set is up. There is an additional Saddleseat for multiple entries. And I will fill the in-hand to four entries for anybody who wants to enter that.

Enjoy.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » March 23rd, 2017, 7:08 pm

Baby Trials Driven & Racing Set is up.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » March 27th, 2017, 1:20 pm

Baby Trials Western Set is up. There's an extra Western Pleasure for multiple entries.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » March 30th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Baby Trials English Set is up. A secondary Saddleseat is made and as has been my usual, I'll fill in four of the five slots for the in-hand.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » April 3rd, 2017, 12:44 pm

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » April 7th, 2017, 5:12 pm

Baby Trials Western Set is up. There's an extra Western Pleasure for multiple entries.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » April 10th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Baby Trials English Set is up. A secondary Saddleseat is made and as has been my usual, I'll fill in four of the five slots for the in-hand.

BlackOak2
Visit My Farm

Postby BlackOak2 » April 13th, 2017, 11:46 pm

Return to “General Chit Chat”