The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Purchase in game Money

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Re: Purchase in game Money

Post by Fox13 »

Scythian wrote:#8 (BlackOak2) Sorry, I think you are mistaken about tack. Select colors, including Blue, Red, and Lime, always cost PTs, while others, including Magenta and Purple, cost HWO $. Also, the solid-colored Black or White English saddles always cost PTs.
BlackOak2 wrote:...
As a thought, some of the tack, when it cycles through, comes back selling for PT or also selling for money. What I mean is, certain colored tacks change (I don't know if that was purposeful, but it did make it really nice) from PT to money and back.
You may want to start checking some of that store tack, Scythian. I just ran through some checks and with a cycle, some interesting numbers just popped up (okay, well not interesting so much as simply switching from one to the other). So here's some offered proof.
Just for today's cycle I found two that have offered a PT versus money switch:
Green boots
Green and Silver English Halter

So others can take a look for themselves, this is some of the work I've already done.

English Tack
Saddles

black PT
hazelnut - natural knees money
hazelnut - walnut knees PT
walnut - hazelnut knees money
natural- hazelnut knees money
white PT

Bridle
simple - hazelnut money
U - mahogany & beaded PT
V - white & beaded PT
padded-hazelnut PT
padded-mahogany money
padded U - mahogany & beading PT
padded U - hazelnut
padded V - mahogany & beading PT

Boots
blue PT
burgundy PT
cream money
gold PT
green both
grey PT
lilac PT
lime PT
purple money
tan PT
teal money
white money
yellow money

Pad
aqua PT
blue PT
cream money
gold PT
pink PT
purple money
teal money

Halter
aqua & gold PT
black & silver money
blue & gold PT
burgundy & silver PT
green & silver both
lilac & silver PT
orange & silver money
pink & gold PT
red & gold PT
tan & silver PT

Western Tack
Saddles
hazlenut & black money
hazlenut & mahogany PT
mahogany & lime money
natural & pink PT
natural, mahogany & white PT
tan & hazlenut money
walnut & teal money

Bridles
black (no brow) money
black w/brow money
hazelnut - beading (no brow) PT
mahogany (no brow) money
walnut (no brow) PT
walnut w/brow money
white - beading (no brow) money
white w/brow money
white w/brow & charm PT
split hazelnut PT
split hazelnut & beading PT

Pads
N-black green cream PT
N-black red tan PT
N-black teal blue money
N-brown tan orange money
N-teal lilac purple money
aqua PT
magenta money
tan PT
teal money

Halter
cream money
green money
grey PT
hunter green PT
orange money
teal money
white money
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Maybe in the early days of the Tack Shop some items varied a little more from PTs to money, but they seem to be consistent now (and why *would* they change?.

Thank you for the work on the tack lists. The only color descriptor which mentions "both" PTs and money is Green.

Now, which "Green" are you referring to? Just "Green", which is a clear hue, neither a pastel nor a shade? Or "Hunter Green", which is a deeper shade, much like forest green?

As I've seen them, Green (plain and simple) is always HWO $ and Hunter Green is always PTs.

The second set of "Halter" descriptions (for rope halters) separate them and are consistent with what I've seen.

Similarly, "Teal" is always $. It's a little darker than "Aqua" which is always PTs.

The "Black, Green, Cream" Navaho saddle pad has some Green and Cream touches but the major non-black color is Lime. I'm sure that's why it's a PT item. Lime is a PT color wherever it appears.

And the "Teal, Lilac, Purple" Navaho pad comes up on both my monitors as Lilac, Purple, and Tan, not Teal. I think that's an error in the text. Monitors vary but not that much.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Scythian wrote:Maybe in the early days of the Tack Shop some items varied a little more from PTs to money, but they seem to be consistent now (and why *would* they change?.

Thank you for the work on the tack lists. The only color descriptor which mentions "both" PTs and money is Green.

Now, which "Green" are you referring to? Just "Green", which is a clear hue, neither a pastel nor a shade? Or "Hunter Green", which is a deeper shade, much like forest green?

As I've seen them, Green (plain and simple) is always HWO $ and Hunter Green is always PTs.

The second set of "Halter" descriptions (for rope halters) separate them and are consistent with what I've seen.

Similarly, "Teal" is always $. It's a little darker than "Aqua" which is always PTs.

The "Black, Green, Cream" Navaho saddle pad has some Green and Cream touches but the major non-black color is Lime. I'm sure that's why it's a PT item. Lime is a PT color wherever it appears.

And the "Teal, Lilac, Purple" Navaho pad comes up on both my monitors as Lilac, Purple, and Tan, not Teal. I think that's an error in the text. Monitors vary but not that much.
Really, Scythian, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. I've personally seen it, and even waited for a specific item to come back around as a money item to purchase it. I'm not here to argue or have to prove it. I'm offering food for thought. I have seen it, it happened.
Not many change from one to the other (just a few as I said) and if you want to figure it out, go for it: make lists, wait for cycles and prove it to yourself.
It is up to our admin to fix it if it was a mistake. I understand if you have never seen it yourself, but personally I have run through a couple scenarios when something didn't make sense to me... so... look for yourself. Prove it for yourself.

Maybe Fox13 will continue that work and finish that list so we all can see it... if they're willing to post it for us.
You think?
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Post by Fox13 »

Scythian wrote:Maybe in the early days of the Tack Shop some items varied a little more from PTs to money, but they seem to be consistent now (and why *would* they change?.

It's only a short list, as I said, done with only one cycle. I was actually curious how many and what were money versus PT and perhaps dual. I did see an item or two in the past and did take advantage of the money purchase over the PT. As all of us know, sometimes earning PT can be... taxing (although some say it's easy, I do not find it so).
I made the list for myself, but found myself posting it anyways (so perhaps it's a little too informal). Regardless, the colors I posted is as stated in their titles and descriptions and not the colors I 'see' on my monitor. Perhaps I did miss-type something, but it doesn't happen often.
I will keep a running tab whenever I do sign on and when I get a fairly decent-sized amount, I may post it in the help section. At least then the community will know what can be offered in the market and that there are quite a few that do cycle through.
BlackOak2 wrote:
But perhaps this topic has been fully answered and can be laid to rest? It is getting a bit away from the original post.
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Post by ImpressiveInstant »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and opinions, it has been quite informative! And yes, I left Howrse after I found myself spending too much money just to compete with everyone else :(
Special thanks to Scythian for ways to convert pony tokens into HWO $, I am implementing the pasture just for mowing now. :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 pm