The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Training horses fast? Will pay for "lessons" or tips. :)

GracelynEquus
Visit My Farm

Training horses fast? Will pay for "lessons" or tips. :)

Post by GracelynEquus »

Hello!

I'm trying to train horses, and it would be nice not to take 1 million years to do so.

If any of you guys (not just vallers) could give me any tips, or even better, your training routine. If you don't want to tell anyone else we can whisper in private chat.

Name your price, thanks!
vallers wrote: ping
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Re: Training horses fast? Will pay for "lessons" or tips. :)

Post by Kayaine »

My training method is listed in the guide forum.
GracelynB20
Visit My Farm

Post by GracelynB20 »

Kayaine wrote:My training method is listed in the guide forum.
Thanks! <3

I was using it.
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

GracelynEquus wrote:Hello!

I'm trying to train horses, and it would be nice not to take 1 million years to do so.

If any of you guys (not just vallers) could give me any tips, or even better, your training routine. If you don't want to tell anyone else we can whisper in private chat.

Name your price, thanks!
vallers wrote: ping

i may be able to next weekend, im visiting relatives because my mom died.
GracelynEquus
Visit My Farm

Post by GracelynEquus »

vallers wrote:
i may be able to next weekend, im visiting relatives because my mom died.
I'm really sorry to hear that. Whenever you're ready and we're both online we can go on the chat and whisper or whatever.

Thoughts and prayers are on you.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

GracelynEquus wrote:.
Myself talking to another player wrote:I would recommend doing the movement courses since it can be quite a pain to get up fully, after that, it really depends on what you want to do or what you're training your horses for.

These are exceedingly useful in figuring out what to compete horses in and what to train. http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=1235; http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... ion#p23059

This is a useful training guide written by Kayaine: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 525#p24525

Admittedly, I do not follow the guide to the letter. What I do for full training, is start with collection and impulsion at a walk for twenty minutes until it only takes 66% energy. After that, I use collection and impulsion for half an hour (after this I always train for half an hour, unless I am paying special attention to a horse, in which case I train for half an hour and then swap between the other times trying to train it as much as possible.) Once I can no longer raise intelligence, I switch to lunge over jumps, still at a walk.

Once intelligence is finished, I switch to ground poles at a walk. Once movement can no longer be raised, I switch to ground poles at a trot until I have finished movement. After that, I make the horse jump obstacles at a walk until agility is complete. After that, the horse pulls a cart up a hill to complete strength (at a walk). After that, I lunge the horse on the flat at a gallop to complete speed. Everything is done in the arena.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:22 pm