The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Futurities - Now with trophies! - Log Pull added!

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Futurities - Now with trophies! - Log Pull added!

Post by Silverine »

Futurities

Currently Scheduled Futurities
Dressage
Endurance
Log Pull
Racing
Western Pleasure

To Be Scheduled
Hunter
Working Ranch

------------------

Recently Held Events
EventDateChampionReserve Champion
EnduranceJuly 20th, 2017HH Risky Passion (Mega)Adjacent Oblivion (FutureFarm)
RacingJuly 19th,
⇒ɱρξ⇐ Forbidden (Raikit)SVA Tip Of The Hat (Silverine)
Western PleasureJuly 20th, 2017⇒ɱρξ⇐ Forbidden (Raikit)Espresso Liar (AdmiraalTromp)
------------------

Futurities are a type of competition I really enjoyed on a sim game I used to play. I'm trying to gauge interest here to see if other people would be interested in trying them. :)

What are futurities?
Futurities are high-stakes competitions for young horses. The horses entered must be between 2 and 3 years old. Prize pot starts at $100,000. Entry fees range from $5,000 to $10,000 depending on the interest in the disciplines. Horses entered are supposed to be previously untried on the competitive scene so all futurities will run at level 1.

What are the prizes?
Apart from the large prize pot I am planning to offer other prizes. These will include a customized "trophy" that you can display in your forum signature or link to on your horse's profile (it will include the winning horse's name so as not to be "stolen") and possibly other incentives as well (breeding to nice stallions, training services, etc). Trophy Sample

When will futurities be run?
For now I have the events set to recur every day simply because that was the only way I could get them to recur. When they run will depend on when they get enough entries.

What disciplines will have futurities?
This is totally up to you guys! I have some feel for which disciplines are unpopular, but I have no idea who would be most interested in futurities. Post and let me know!

So, anyone interested? Let me know! I'll edit this post if/when the futs get set up. :)
Last edited by Silverine on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 am, edited 14 times in total.
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Futurities!

Post by Bitapetrone »

Definitely interested! :D
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Bitapetrone wrote:Definitely interested! :D
You seem to be the only one so far. XD

I went ahead and created a racing futurity. Figured you might find that useful. And I always have a bunch of (untrained) youngsters running around to fill it out if needed. :)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... r_id=60277
zarathustra
Visit My Farm

Post by zarathustra »

Silverine wrote:
Futurities

These will include a customized "trophy" that you can display in your forum signature or link to on your horse's profile (it will include the winning horse's name so as not to be "stolen") and possibly other incentives as well (breeding to nice stallions, training services, etc).

So, anyone interested? Let me know! I'll edit this post if/when the futs get set up. :)
Nice, i like it..
Bitapetrone
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Bitapetrone »

Silverine wrote:
Bitapetrone wrote:Definitely interested! :D
You seem to be the only one so far. XD

I went ahead and created a racing futurity. Figured you might find that useful. And I always have a bunch of (untrained) youngsters running around to fill it out if needed. :)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/competi ... r_id=60277
Aww. Well, hopefully we can find a way to get more interest. I'll definitely be entering though as soon as I get a nice colt or filly ready.
wildhorse58215
Visit My Farm

Post by wildhorse58215 »

I'd love to but no of mine are done training by that age , I also don't have any trained up enough right now .
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

wildhorse58215 wrote:I'd love to but no of mine are done training by that age , I also don't have any trained up enough right now .
That's kind of the idea, though. To see which youngsters are good enough to "get it done" without being fully trained. :) My horses usually aren't done training until at least four, so I definitely feel you.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Futurities! - Now with trophies!

Post by Silverine »

Added a trophy sample to the first post. :)
Woodstock
Visit My Farm

Post by Woodstock »

Ah.., what can I lose. I will join this.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Endurance futurity set up! The first one will run on July 8th. Waiting on my competition hosting skill to level up, then I'll set up some more. :)
Woodstock wrote:Ah.., what can I lose. I will join this.
That's the spirit! :lol: I'll be entering one of my untrained (and inbred and horrible) youngsters to fill it out so hopefully there'll be enough entries that the first through third get good points.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:51 am