Community Forum

The Iberian Horses of Firemist Meadows

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Lekara
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The Iberian Horses of Firemist Meadows

Postby Lekara » February 2nd, 2017, 4:31 pm

stephanie111 wrote:Hi! Nice to see your log!I breed arabs and I was wondering if you would want any help, some of my horses have gold movement-would it help you?

Hi Stephanie111! Thank you for your offer, but I'm going to decline for now. I recently added some Arab, Deliboz and grade blood to my lines and I feel I need to concentrate on getting back to pure Andys for awhile. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know! :)

stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Postby stephanie111 » February 2nd, 2017, 5:40 pm

Lekara wrote:
stephanie111 wrote:Hi! Nice to see your log!I breed arabs and I was wondering if you would want any help, some of my horses have gold movement-would it help you?

Hi Stephanie111! Thank you for your offer, but I'm going to decline for now. I recently added some Arab, Deliboz and grade blood to my lines and I feel I need to concentrate on getting back to pure Andys for awhile. But if I change my mind, I'll let you know! :)

No problem! They're looking good! :D

Lekara
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Postby Lekara » February 2nd, 2017, 5:45 pm

Thank you!

stephanie111
Visit My Farm

Postby stephanie111 » February 2nd, 2017, 5:47 pm

Lekara wrote:Thank you!

No problem! :D

Lekara
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Postby Lekara » August 12th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Work in RL got very crazy for awhile, so there was a span of nearly 3 months where I wasn't on at all. Good thing ponies don't age out when you don't log in! So I've been slowly getting back on track and pacing through a couple game years a day to re-assess my herd.

I didn't realize that I had not posted this gorgeous mare:

Salt and Ash

I simply adore her - her conformation is darn-near-perfect and that color is *stunning*!
I got a few good babies out of her (some I will sell to get her lines out into other ranches) and moved her to my second account. In 4 or 5 generations, I'll move her back over to breed with newer stock. Or maybe I'll keep her there to stay pretty forever. ;)

But my HUGE BRAG OF THE DAY is this little guy:

*this guy*

One of my goals for a long time has been breeding a GREEN in Movement. Well, this little over-achiever went straight past green and popped up with a GOLD IN MOVEMENT!! I was over the moon when I saw!
Not only that, he boasts a 66 in movement conformation - 66!! I've never seen a conformation stat that high!

His only downside is that he's not quite full Andy (95%), but I'm still very excited to see how he progresses. It's so rewarding to have my plans finally start coming to fruition.

Lekara
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Postby Lekara » August 28th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Birthed one of my best full-breed foals today, and (surprisingly) it's not an Andy, but a Warlander!

Great GP

With a GP of 52k and sporting 3 golds and 1 green, he is one of the best pure-breed horses I've ever bred.
A small bonus is that his evaluation is very good - he's only a tiny bit too tall (born at 10.0hh).
Other than that, he seems to be textbook Warlander. :)

Lekara
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Postby Lekara » August 28th, 2017, 4:21 pm

And, only moments later, it's time to brag about a pure-bred Lusitano!
I had this cute filly show up:

Lusitano Filly

She sports 50k GP with 1 gold and 2 greens - pretty good for my Lus herd!

Her COI is creeping up to 25%, but that's about the only negative thing I can find about her.
All 3 of my breed herds are really coming along! 8-)

Return to “Farm Logs”