The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Wanted!

Post your stallions available for stud, or stallions you are looking for.
Forum rules
Make sure to include a descriptive subject so other players know quickly which threads to have a look at.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Wanted!

Post by Aliw1995 »

Arabian stud.
Must be spotted, less than 15.3h, Gp 67k+ high held tail and a dished face

Will pay 10k+ for stud fee
SandPiper
Visit My Farm

Re: Wanted!

Post by SandPiper »

Aliw1995 wrote:Arabian stud.

Spotted like blanketed or the actual Leopard Print? If it's blanketed I MIGHT have some ( or my partner might )
but if it's actual lp then no.
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Post by Aliw1995 »

Heaven's Horses wrote:

Spotted like blanketed or the actual Leopard Print? If it's blanketed I MIGHT have some ( or my partner might )

Well all are actual Lp.... but I would prefer a horse without varnish
Kuro-Chan
Visit My Farm

Post by Kuro-Chan »

i have the spotted, but not arab part
Aliw1995
Visit My Farm

Post by Aliw1995 »

Kuro-Chan wrote:

i have the spotted, but not arab part
Not very useful to me then...
SandPiper
Visit My Farm

Post by SandPiper »

Aliw1995 wrote:
Heaven's Horses wrote: Spotted like blanketed or the actual Leopard Print? If it's blanketed I MIGHT have some ( or my partner might )

Sorry got a little confused there. And how do you tell if a stallion/horse in general is going to varnish?
If you want, I could do some selective breeding with my mares. Right now I'm not exactly sure which stallion would be right.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Heaven's Horses wrote:
Aliw1995 wrote:
Sorry got a little confused there. And how do you tell if a stallion/horse in general is going to varnish?
If you want, I could do some selective breeding with my mares. Right now I'm not exactly sure which stallion would be right.
Don't forget, all Lp horses will varnish. The varnish genes that control how the horse will varnish can express in many different ways. The best you will find is a very slow, gentle expression of varnish.

Good Luck!
SandPiper
Visit My Farm

Post by SandPiper »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Heaven's Horses wrote: Sorry got a little confused there. And how do you tell if a stallion/horse in general is going to varnish?
Don't forget, all Lp horses will varnish. The varnish genes that control how the horse will varnish can express in many different ways. The best you will find is a very slow, gentle expression of varnish.

Good Luck!
Thanks! How do you tell if it's going to be a slow varnish when the horse is still young? Can you even do that?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Heaven's Horses wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Good Luck!
Thanks! How do you tell if it's going to be a slow varnish when the horse is still young? Can you even do that?
Heavy varnish will show as early as a year and 2 weeks (the coat will look lighter from the 1 year foal coat blowout). If during their 1 to 2 year time period, the coat looks unchanged, or relatively unchanged, you may have a slower varnish.

An example of what you'll want to look for to avoid heavy varnish (or quick varnish):
Take a look at these versus pics, look at how the hidden spots start to appear. Generally, the quicker the spots begin to appear, the heavier the varnish will be.

At 1 year & 1 month, you can already see a couple spots starting to shine through.
Now at 3 years, 7 months & 2 weeks, the varnishing is already quite visible.

At 1 year & 2 weeks, there is the barest hint of spots starting to show.
Now at 3 years & 3 months, visible spots reveal a heavy varnish appearing.

At 1 year (and a couple months), again, spots are already starting to appear.
Now at 4 years & 7 months, very visible, heavy varnish is more than apparent.

My horses are no longer really quick varnishing, but still on the medium-fast side (I'm working toward slower varnish in my program as well).
The hidden spots are really key to helping define how heavy or how quick a varnish will appear.
SandPiper
Visit My Farm

Post by SandPiper »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Heaven's Horses wrote: Thanks! How do you tell if it's going to be a slow varnish when the horse is still young? Can you even do that?
Heavy varnish will show as early as a year and 2 weeks (the coat will look lighter from the 1 year foal coat blowout). If during their 1 to 2 year time period, the coat looks unchanged, or relatively unchanged, you may have a slower varnish.

An example of what you'll want to look for to avoid heavy varnish (or quick varnish):
Take a look at these versus pics, look at how the hidden spots start to appear. Generally, the quicker the spots begin to appear, the heavier the varnish will be.

At 1 year & 1 month, you can already see a couple spots starting to shine through.
Now at 3 years, 7 months & 2 weeks, the varnishing is already quite visible.

At 1 year & 2 weeks, there is the barest hint of spots starting to show.
Now at 3 years & 3 months, visible spots reveal a heavy varnish appearing.

At 1 year (and a couple months), again, spots are already starting to appear.
Now at 4 years & 7 months, very visible, heavy varnish is more than apparent.

My horses are no longer really quick varnishing, but still on the medium-fast side (I'm working toward slower varnish in my program as well).
The hidden spots are really key to helping define how heavy or how quick a varnish will appear.
Alright, thank you so much!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:56 pm