Community Forum

Okay this one has me stumped!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
deanimator
Visit My Farm

Okay this one has me stumped!

Post by deanimator »

⛎♑️ Heart's on Fire

I was first thinking a chestnut base but I have no idea what's causing the brighter fetlocks/man except maybe a really heavy sooty. But his face has me thinking he may actually be a bay base and...I don't have any ideas past that except I think it's lovely and I want to reproduce it infinitely.
Andraste
Visit My Farm

Re: Okay this one has me stumped!

Post by Andraste »

I'm not very confident about this, but it looks like a flaxen liver chestnut with sooty?
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Andraste wrote:I'm not very confident about this, but it looks like a flaxen liver chestnut with sooty?
I agree. I found a picture when I looked that p that looks some-what like the horse!!
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

deanimator wrote:⛎♑️ Heart's on Fire

I was first thinking a chestnut base but I have no idea what's causing the brighter fetlocks/man except maybe a really heavy sooty. But his face has me thinking he may actually be a bay base and...I don't have any ideas past that except I think it's lovely and I want to reproduce it infinitely.
I would agree with Flaxen Chestnut, lovely rendition of it too. I'm not seeing bay.

Was the mane/tail that color at 1 year of age or did it gradually take on the red color?
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
deanimator wrote:⛎♑️ Heart's on Fire

I would agree with Flaxen Chestnut, lovely rendition of it too. I'm not seeing bay.

Was the mane/tail that color at 1 year of age or did it gradually take on the red color?
I've seen someone descibe a really similiar horse as red dun with flaxen and sooty (last one caused the dark red), can't remember where or i would have quoted, sorry :/
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Nazarach wrote:

I've seen someone descibe a really similiar horse as red dun with flaxen and sooty (last one caused the dark red), can't remember where or i would have quoted, sorry :/
I saw the same horse, but a dun would have a lighter body and line back. I'm not seeing that with this horse

This is the horse your referring too

http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 583#p62643
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

I saw the same horse, but a dun would have a lighter body and line back. I'm not seeing that with this horse

right, there it was ^^' ok, when comparing them it's kind of obvious... sorry :(
but disregarding dun, flaxen (light mane) with sooty (darker body than normal) would make sense though - I just thought dun would be probable because it could cause the lightened near the feathering by the feet as the normal chestnut color is spared by the dun or incorporated? (I can just find one of mine as a somewhat example
near his feetlocks, where the feathers are in Hearts case, the dun seems to fade and the normal coat-color shines through ... or it could be solely caused by the feathers :? what do you think?
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Nazarach wrote:

right, there it was ^^' ok, when comparing them it's kind of obvious... sorry :(
but disregarding dun, flaxen (light mane) with sooty (darker body than normal) would make sense though - I just thought dun would be probable because it could cause the lightened near the feathering by the feet as the normal chestnut color is spared by the dun or incorporated? (I can just find one of mine as a somewhat example
near his feetlocks, where the feathers are in Hearts case, the dun seems to fade and the normal coat-color shines through ... or it could be solely caused by the feathers :? what do you think?
The lightened area by his feet is just the flaxen showing through, not the Zipper marks displayed by the Dun genes

Here it is on a couple of other horses

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1123525
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1112027

Here expressed very lightly on chestnut

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1133635
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
deanimator
Visit My Farm

Post by deanimator »

I honestly couldn't tell you I tend to not check my feathered Arabs till around 3 since otherwise I'll end up sitting there spending turns waiting for feather signs to show up. :D

Flaxen chestnut with some heavy sooty makes sense.

Funnily enough both parents are black, which would make them both E/e, one with LP and possibly getting the silver on that side too.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

deanimator wrote:
I honestly couldn't tell you I tend to not check my feathered Arabs till around 3 since otherwise I'll end up sitting there spending turns waiting for feather signs to show up. :D

Flaxen chestnut with some heavy sooty makes sense.

Funnily enough both parents are black, which would make them both E/e, one with LP and possibly getting the silver on that side too.
Both parents have chestnut in their history, and if you look at his sire...without a foal picture it is difficult to verify if he is just a bronzing black or if he was just a very dark chestnut
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Become a Patron!