The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Storm's Story-Freewriting Contest! CLOSED

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Storm's Story-Freewriting Contest!

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Haha his stud fee :lol: He's quite the looker! I love his dapples, they kinda look like stars!
You sure? I thought you stopped training for others! But at least I have enough money to afford it :lol:
It's for private use. :lol:
I know, it's a pity he's graying. I love his coat. sad to see it vanishing under the gray.
Maybe just for special occasions? Like for really special horses. Yeah, you do.
Well, I tend not to have very many special horses. Mine are pretty average. When I get a 63 speed I'm like "holy horse this is the fastest horse I've ever seen jkwdwiuhfcinqj" and then i see others with like 66 and I feel discouraged :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's still very handsome. At least he didn't get the ugly type, like this:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1244139
I hate the way his face is graying. The gray "dapples" on his back are cool, but his face is just.. ugh
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Stormchase Stables wrote: Well, I tend not to have very many special horses. Mine are pretty average. When I get a 63 speed I'm like "holy horse this is the fastest horse I've ever seen jkwdwiuhfcinqj" and then i see others with like 66 and I feel discouraged :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hate the way his face is graying. The gray "dapples" on his back are cool, but his face is just.. ugh
You'll get there, one day.
Eh, it took me long enough to get a horse with the comment "I think your horse is the next Secretariat!"
And even more to get my strength up, while making sure that there was no Bombproof temperaments.
Good things come with time.

Ha. He isn't that bad. You sound like you dislike grays. :lol:
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Well, I tend not to have very many special horses. Mine are pretty average. When I get a 63 speed I'm like "holy horse this is the fastest horse I've ever seen jkwdwiuhfcinqj" and then i see others with like 66 and I feel discouraged :lol: :lol: :lol:
You'll get there, one day.
Eh, it took me long enough to get a horse with the comment "I think your horse is the next Secretariat!"
And even more to get my strength up, while making sure that there was no Bombproof temperaments.
Good things come with time.

Ha. He isn't that bad. You sound like you dislike grays. :lol:
Oh I do! I've been working hard to get gray out of my lines but this is what I get .-. !
I don't like graying at all, and I hate varnish even more. It just makes them so.. unappealing.
of course, there are some kinds of varnish and graying that i like. I like it when it's quite smooth, like this:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1158810
It's like.. gradient. Ombre. Whatever you want to call it! But it's nice. Mora's horse's coat looks kind of like a sunset
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Stormchase Stables wrote: Oh I do! I've been working hard to get gray out of my lines but this is what I get .-. !
I don't like graying at all, and I hate varnish even more. It just makes them so.. unappealing.
of course, there are some kinds of varnish and graying that i like. I like it when it's quite smooth, like this:
It's like.. gradient. Ombre. Whatever you want to call it! But it's nice. Mora's horse's coat looks kind of like a sunset
Believe me, I dislike grays too. Too bad my whole line is gray. Most of my RHs are gray. Sigh...
Thus the reason why I speed train almost all my gray horses to help they retain most of their original colour.

I really don't like varnish too. It makes them look really ugly. In my eyes, of course. To others, it may look attractive. But for me, it's a no-no.

Mora's horse is pretty for a gray, that much I can admit. :lol:
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: Oh I do! I've been working hard to get gray out of my lines but this is what I get .-. !
Believe me, I dislike grays too. Too bad my whole line is gray. Most of my RHs are gray. Sigh...
Thus the reason why I speed train almost all my gray horses to help they retain most of their original colour.

I really don't like varnish too. It makes them look really ugly. In my eyes, of course. To others, it may look attractive. But for me, it's a no-no.

Mora's horse is pretty for a gray, that much I can admit. :lol:
The worst kind of varnish is the blotchy kind. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1082805 like that. Can you believe it used to be a chestnut??
Well, yours are mostly light-colored so it doesn't stand out as much as, say, a dark bay or a black horse.
Tisha
Visit My Farm

Post by Tisha »

Stormchase Stables wrote: The worst kind of varnish is the blotchy kind. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1082805 like that. Can you believe it used to be a chestnut??
Well, yours are mostly light-colored so it doesn't stand out as much as, say, a dark bay or a black horse.
Oh well. Beauty is the eye of the beholder. To the owner - No offence intended, just our personal taste.
I don't own any varnishing horses. None, nil. At least, I hope so. It's really ergh to me. Just nope.

I probably have some bronzing ones though, especially the Belgians.
<CS> Racers
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Champi0nBr66der3 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote: The worst kind of varnish is the blotchy kind. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1082805 like that. Can you believe it used to be a chestnut??
Oh well. Beauty is the eye of the beholder. To the owner - No offence intended, just our personal taste.
I don't own any varnishing horses. None, nil. At least, I hope so. It's really ergh to me. Just nope.

I probably have some bronzing ones though, especially the Belgians.
I own many, especially in my EN and Belgian lines. I really want to get rid of that and graying :(
LlamaLlama99
Visit My Farm

Post by LlamaLlama99 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
LlamaLlama99 wrote:My story~

LM Everlasting Storm

The Moment She was Born she knew her destiny was to run freely. With the wind in her long dark mane flowing and her tail swerving in the air. Although, she knew she couldn’t just leave, even if the temptation was killing her she couldn’t leave her abusive owner she would get in a lot of trouble.

a small man and her owner came up to her in her stall. “How old?” The man asked. “3 Years old” the owner said. “Has she got any aggressive tendencies?” Asked the man. “Doesn’t bite, though can buck and is a high-strung filly,”. “high-strung?! And I only buck because you pull the bit WAY too hard!” Storm Thought to herself.
“Will she be ready by Thursday?” What did he mean? That’s five days from now. What is he talking about? “Yes though she will need to have more training,”. “Okay, I will take her now for an hour and I’ll see how much longer she will need,” the Man said. Then Storm was Taken by the strange man to the big floodlight arena and the man mounted her. He was walking her round expecting her to be a professional eventer. To his disappointment she was obviously inexperienced and was confused so in his frustration grasped the reins tight and pulled on them! “Oh no he doesn’t! Not this!” She, with a leap of force bucked in full strength causing the man to hurl to the ground. Storm, spooked by the thump of the man hitting the ground, reared and galloped away.

“what have I done?! I need to leave I can’t stay here!” Storm thought. She was drowning in her guilt. Even if the man yanked the reins practically forcing her to act, she felt awful for throwing of the man. She was a High-strung, temperamental filly with a big heart. She jumped over the slightly rotten wooden fence of the floodlight and continued to gallop full speed.

She passed through fields, forests, valleys and didn’t stop until she reached a herd of horses and ponies all of different shapes and sizes. Out of all of them one stallion catches her eye. The “leader” of the herd. A tall, blue roan, stallion. “Cadet” they call him.
LM Voodoo Cadet

“Cadet! An intruder!” A small Piebald mare Exclaims. “Oh no! I mean no harm!” She blurted out. “What is your name? Who are you?” Cadet said with a Deep and quite soothing voice. “Everlasting Storm though you can just call me Storm,” “Ok, and where did you come from?”. “I am from...um...” she paused for a moment. She didn’t actually know. She was always oblivious of who she really was where she came from. All she knew was that she was a “purebred Anglo-Arabian” people seemed to think she was special because of her genes. “Well we don’t have all day!” He said. “I don’t know where I’m from- I-I’m from f-f-far away,” She stuttered as she filled with sadness. She desperately wanted to know her origin, her home, her family, but she had no clue...
“What do you mean?!” He exclaimed. “I’m afraid She’s a lost cause...” said a seal brown colt then sniggering to himself. “I’m not stupid! I’ve just never had any information about myself, just nothing,” Storm said sadly while her eyes were flooding with tears. “No one thinks your stupid we are just confused as to how you hardly know anything about yourself.” Cadet said sympathetically. “I think she’s stupid!” Said the brown colt chuckling. “Prince! How many times do I have to tell you to be nice!” Complained the mother. “Come with me,” said Cadet
I followed.

We had reached a beautiful lake with trees and bushes round it and luscious green grass to be grazed. “Your owner will be looking for you…since you got lost,” he said with slight hesitation “I’m not lost I ran away…” she said. “Why Would you run away?” And then she told him about her owner being abusive towards her and how she threw the man off and left Cadet in shock. “Wow…well some of us have been from abusive and bad owners,” he said obviously hurting him “Like poor Foxy,” he said while pointing his muzzle towards a strawberry roan mare with visibly painful scars and a patchy coat. “Well it seems like you will be staying here then…”

She couldn’t rest that night I wasn’t used to being with other horses. Whenever She heard another horse She would have flashbacks of my owner grabbing my mane while She was persistently kicking and whinnying in pain.

The next morning, she saw a figure approaching the vast paddock. Then turned into two. It was my owner and the owner of these horses! “That’s me horse! Such a pain!” He exclaimed. Storm started to walk backwards trembling in fear. With a burst of power she was galloping around, not letting the owner catch her. “That monster, she’s viscous I tell you!” The owner said while trying to get Storm. The owner got his long whip out and with a big crack whipped Storm making her yelp in agony. “Hey! That’s not how you treat a horse!” The owner of the other horses exclaimed. “you’ve got to keep controll not let the horse run free that’s why I have this whip!” The owner yelled back aggressively. Then all the horses joined in in my riot running around bucking, rearing, bolting! Until her owner left running away.

Now her owner was charged for animal cruelty and abuse and Storm lived happily with her new owner and mate Cadet happier than ever before.

Not the best story ever but I tried my best
Hehe rename her Stormchase :lol: (kidding lol)
VOCABULARY/GRAMMAR: 60/100. There were few spelling mistakes, but capitals and different tenses seem to be a recurring problem.
ORIGINALITY: 80/100. Very good. I've read stories like these before though. This one has a twist.
DETAILS: 70/100. Please use more descriptive words. Otherwise, very good.
PLOT: 80/100. Again, there's something that needs to be added, probably in the beginning. I don't know, maybe why and how she knew her destiny was to run freely.
CHARACTERS: 90/100. I loved your characters. Especially Cadet, for some reason :?: :lol:
Yay Hooray! You scored 380 points!
Lol :lol: maybe I’ll name one of her foals that! :lol:
I like the Brown colt that was being cheeky (I relate to him! Lol)
Shiva
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shiva »

Elite

I will be telling this story in the horses eyes. :D
I am Elite. That's what they call me. I think they say that because I have good skills and looks. I love to run. My owner thinks that is a little weird because all the other horses just walk around and graze. I could run forever and still run some more. Sometimes I get bored and role around. Sometimes I just sit down and think. I think about all of my foals. Thirteen of them. Soon to be another. I'm loving living with my friends, they are so nice! Some say I'm beautiful, tall, fast. That may be true but that definition matches me, Elite.
I do hunter in the local shows. Level seven. I usually win first. Sometimes I get second and third. I always place. Hunter is my favorite, I think that's why I excel. My people say I eat up the ground, I only eat the grass though. I'm apparently good at keeping time, they think I'm a musician, I'm not,I'm just a horse. They think I move with grace and elegance, I think I move like a horse, because I'm a horse, just a horse. I balence well, they even say that and I believe it, I'm like a stone in tree, can't be knocked down or pulled out. Know that you know a little about me let's begin.
I have always wanted to do hunter with the champions, be a champion. My owner never entered me. Nor did my previous owner. I'm not mad I just wanted to try. One time watching a show, before, my turn a stallion was up. He was beautiful, moving better than any horse I had ever seen, his name, Angelics. A super master grand champion horse. I later met him when my owner bred me with him. He was the nicest horse I had ever met. All I want is to be with him. Hoping someday he will be sold to my owner. I want to seen him before I cross the rainbow bridge. I know I will see him there but it will be a while. When he came it was love at first sight, we nuzzled heads and didn't want to leave each other. It seemed as soon as he came he was gone. I saw only a few times after that, I hope we shall meet again, me and my champion, me and my Angelics. I am Elite, I am gold, I will succeed, I will win this contest against life.

Kind of weird but I'm short on time. This took me TWO DAYS and it's only three paragraphs. Hope you like it!!! (Even though I'll probably lose for I've seen some great stories.) :lol:
DragonHorse!!!!
Visit My Farm

Post by DragonHorse!!!! »

Stormchase Stables wrote:I liked the idea of the previous storytelling contests, so I'm going to host one!
Here's how to participate:
Enter 1 to 4 horses. Write a story about it/them, have as many characters and paragraphs as you want.
I'll be giving you more good marks if your horses are good looking!
I judge somewhat harshly, being in a Creative Writing course and all :lol:
I like good vocabulary and lots of detail, but I don't judge how good your English is if you're not fluent.
RULES:
-Must be YOUR story! Don't copy and paste :o
-Must be YOUR horse(s)!
-Only enter on ONE account!
-Horses can be on frozen/side accounts but must belong to you
-Should be a good story :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Can be any form of poetry
-Can be something that happened to you
PRIZES:
1st Place- 150k, a trained horse, 8 free breedings to a stallion I own of your choice
2nd Place- 80k and 4 free breedings
3rd place- 30k and 1 free breeding
NO RUNNER-UPS!
Contest is judged and ended when there are enough entries for me to choose from.
Enjoy!
Here's my entry!! Do you have any idea when this contest will conclude???
Speckled Streak

Speckled Streak opened one small eye. She saw a blur of greens, browns, and blues. She opened the other and turned her head slowly from side to side. After a few minutes, her vision came into focus. She smelled another horse near her and instantly knew it was her mother. Her mother nickered and got up. She nudged her small child to get up. Speckled Streak tried but her wobbly legs couldn't hold her light body weight. She collapsed on the ground and snorted out of frustration. Her gentle mother remembered what it was like when she first tried to get up, so she nuzzled her back to her feet. This time, Speckled Streak got it. Although her legs were shaking, she was actually standing!! Speckled Streak took a confident step forward, but tripped. When she regained her balance she tried again. Within the hour she was galloping around playfully nickering and kicking up her legs.

As Speckled Streak got older, her mother showed her the ways of the heard. That the horses weren't actually wild but banded together like they would if they were. She informed Speckled Streak which horses she could play with and which to avoid. Speckled Streak learned how to be patient and gentle around humans and their young. Speckled Streak's mother also showed her how to get used to the weight of a saddle and the feel of the bridle when the humans were getting her used to the tack. Pretty much everything Speckled Streak knew she knew from her wonderful and caring mother.

When Speckled Streak was a little after three years old, she was tacked up and a person was put on her back. She bucked and reared and whinnied, even when her mother said no. When the human was finally off her back, Speckled Streak held her head high and pranced proudly around the ring. She looked at her mother. She was clearly embarrassed and frustrated and Speckled Streak immediately became ashamed. She went to the human lying motionless on the ground. She nudged him and when he got up was relieved. The next time he got on her back, she listened as best she could to his every command. The humans decided that she had done so well that next day, she would start her training. When the lunge line was attached they whipped at her rear lightly to make her go faster. She practiced walking, trotting, cantering, and jumping. When her first lesson came, she listened to her rider better than any of the other horses.

Speckled Streak went on to win many compotitions and local shows. She also hopes to have a few foals to call her own someday, even smaller than herself. Speckled Streak will always be loved by her horsey mother, father, siblings, friends, and especially by her owner.

The end!! Hope you like it!! I know my writing skills aren't the best, but I still love it!! Wow, there are a LOT of great stories here!! Can't wait to see who wins, the competition's officially on!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm