The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Prefix

vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: Prefix

Post by vallers »

Why is everyone concerned about the "breeder's mark" when the breeder is listed on the horse's profile already?
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

vallers wrote:Why is everyone concerned about the "breeder's mark" when the breeder is listed on the horse's profile already?
Been wondering the same thing myself
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
TabbyWelch wrote:Sorry about that. I have just looked through the previous posts and changed back the horse's name. I didn't mean to start any arguments or anything
Hey, I was wondering if you would put my prefix (KS) back in front of the horse a sold you?
Sure, what horse was it?
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

TabbyWelch wrote:
Kamichi Stables wrote: Hey, I was wondering if you would put my prefix (KS) back in front of the horse a sold you?
Sure, what horse was it?
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1206552
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Baranduin Brewster wrote:
vallers wrote:Why is everyone concerned about the "breeder's mark" when the breeder is listed on the horse's profile already?
Okay, I can answer that. Sometimes the horse has a multiple owners, and one of the owners just wants it to be known that they trained or earned the champion title for that horse. It also can help when they are on the market, because people see the mark and are more likely to want the horse. Like AWE is a trade mark that people look for because that player has been very successful.

Does that answer your queston? :D
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Kamichi Stables wrote:
Okay, I can answer that. Sometimes the horse has a multiple owners, and one of the owners just wants it to be known that they trained or earned the champion title for that horse. It also can help when they are on the market, because people see the mark and are more likely to want the horse. Like AWE is a trade mark that people look for because that player has been very successful.

Not really, because okay the horse is on the market, but when it is bought it is not on the market...So if I buy a foal from you, and train it it is okay for me to change the "brand"?
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Kamichi Stables wrote:

Not really, because okay the horse is on the market, but when it is bought it is not on the market...So if I buy a foal from you, and train it it is okay for me to change the "brand"?
Normally people just add theirs onto on the new name, and keep the old one if the person asks.
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Kamichi Stables wrote:
Normally people just add theirs onto on the new name, and keep the old one if the person asks.
I just find it odd, I can sell an unnamed foal for $5 mil easily...If you are so worried about people changing the brand, perhaps not selling is the best answer.
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Eventing Account
apparanch
Visit My Farm

Post by apparanch »

Kamichi Stables wrote: Normally people just add theirs onto on the new name, and keep the old one if the person asks.
I just find it odd, I can sell an unnamed foal for $5 mil easily...If you are so worried about people changing the brand, perhaps not selling is the best answer.
I agree, but I don't want to start arguments/make a bad name for myself because I'm fairly new :D
vallers
Visit My Farm

Post by vallers »

I find that since we are allowed to change the horse's name and that the breeder is already listed that getting upset over someone replacing or removing a prefix is not worth getting bothered over. I also find it kind of rude to basically demand that the prefix be replaced on a horse that was sold to another player. Until the admins implement a registry that doesnt allow a horse's name to be changed and permenant breeders marks and so on, if you sell a horse then you risk the buyer changing the name.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am