The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

(Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
malishka33
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

(Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Post by malishka33 »

Hello to the people working on this game!
Thank You SO much for creating such a wonderful horse game that is fun, affordable, addicting, creative, and much more!!

I want to share with you my ideas I have been thinking about.
Anyone else reading this, if you agree, like, or have some more creative ideas, please share with us!!

I was thinking, what if all the reasons for having more than one account in this game were made possible in just one account? That way no one would be in need of making more accounts whether allowed or not!
After all, I do not yet know of a game out there where more than one account is needed to play!

To name a few reasons why people make other account(s) - (Not that you dont know, but just to keep my thoughts organized):
- More horse capacity/space to own more horses
- Being able to freeze horses for future use, temporary holding, or other reasons
- Expanding project grounds
- and more....

I personally am very much for the idea of allowing more horses to be kept on a farm, and cant go withought being able to freeze some horses even temporarily!

But more horses means more space.
I know the idea of allowing more horses has already been mentioned before, so i would like to add to that idea by suggesting to make horse capacity unlimited? Now I'm not sure how it all works with creating this game and stuff and if thats even possible, but i do have some ideas I'm wondering if they are possible to add to the game...

Referring to horse capacity - Unlimited Horses - what if it will be determined off of how many pastures/barns are kept on the farm? And how many or what size, will determine how much land on the farm has been expanded? Meaning make land expansion a matter of paying more or possibly even skills to wait for? and of course buying the pastures/barns as it already is set.
Whether or not prices go up with every purchased barn/pasture or piece of space for the land, I dont know, ill leave that choice up to you guys.
I would like this idea better because many games ive played have it that way. I do think that the ground/land space is eventually limited at some far point, but I'm not sure myself. And it only sounds fair to be able to have as much horses as you have room for.

For Example:
If i buy 2 large pastures with capacity of 12 horses each and one small pasture with a capacity of 4 horses, I will be allowed to have only 28 horses total on my farm whether or not i choose to fill all pastures. (Same for barns)

Also, referring to freezing horses, what if you make it that only barns, or some other specific building for horses, are the only ones players can choose to "Lock" meaning whatever horses are inside wont age when the turns for the days are being done and all other horses on the farm outside these barns will age. As well as while the barn is on "Lock" mode, no horses can be brought into or out until that building is unlocked. But of course if there are pregnant mares inside, they can foal and that foal will be inside with them being counted as a space for a horse even if its still not born, just like it is already created for the current pastures/barns for space. And for Stallion breeding/studding to be possible for a stallion in a locked barn to be able to breed to mares outside the locked barn.

Now while you think about my suggestions, i would like to ask, probably on the behalf of many, PLEASE do not make this "Locking" ability for premium users only. Preferably not even a limited amount like, 4 pastures/barn only to be allowed for non premium accounts vs premium has unlimited amount. I just dont think that would be fair because after all, 2nd accounts aren't only allowed to premium users anyways and they get to freeze horses all they want. :P

Thank You for taking the time to read this! I would be greatly thankful to find out what you guys think about these ideas!!

Sorry if i mention something thats already been discussed before in suggestions, I probably didn't know. But it sure proves that specific ideas must be a good one since more than one people came up with it!! ;)
Sunken Hill Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: (Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Post by Sunken Hill Stables »

I think unlimited horses has been suggested already and you're allowed two accounts if you're not premium. However, I love the idea of locking a barn! It would be really convenient for any quick freezes you may need. And if there is a way to eliminate the need for a freeze account it would be that idea! Personally I'm all for it!!
QuesthavenFarms
Visit My Farm

Re: (Suggestion) If all the reasons for more than one accounts were possible in just one....

Post by QuesthavenFarms »

malishka33 wrote:
I like your ideas. It would be great if we could lock individual horses and then unlock as we need to use them. Then mares would need to be unlocked to foal as we have it now. It would be easier to use a mare and then lock her until you want to use her again without the need to switch account. Cool ideas! :)
Baranduin Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Baranduin Brewster »

I think the idea of more horses was vetoed do to server strain of having more than 211 horses on a farm being turned
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Eventing Account
Proud Breeder of: Walkaloosa & Sugarbush Draft
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Club Affiliations: Inhand Jumping Club & United Driving Breeders Club
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Post by flrancho »

I like the idea of unlimited horses with the total number of horses being in relation to the capacity of the pastures and barns.

In terms of the freezing certain horses, barns, or pastures..... I'd rather just see the whole "game turns" thing go away entirely. The game turns are probably the part of the game I dislike the most (aside from people breeding horses that look nothing like the true breed). Its irritating in terms of trying to manage time and get all horses trained within the day without adversely aging horses you don't want to age in order to get everyone else trained. I'd rather just see this game made like any other sim style game like this that I've played in that one real life day is equal to one game week, two game weeks, whatever time period you want to choose, etc. This would eliminate the headaches related to "turns" as well as the need to freeze certain horses as every horse would age at the same time. You wouldn't see offspring older than their sires/dams either. Of course, if this was done some sort of temporary account freezing should be brought online for when people can't get on for a few days.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Post by Argent »

flrancho wrote:I'd rather just see this game made like any other sim style game like this that I've played in that one real life day is equal to one game week, two game weeks, whatever time period you want to choose, etc. This would eliminate the headaches related to "turns" as well as the need to freeze certain horses as every horse would age at the same time.
That sounds absolutely miserable an is exactly the reason why I don't waste my time with other games. I'm not the least bit interested in wasting weeks of my life waiting for a bit of code to be old enough to breed or do literally anything with. As is, I can play at my own pace without being punished for having a life outside the game.
Geidim O'in
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Geidim O'in »

Argent wrote:
flrancho wrote:I'd rather just see this game made like any other sim style game like this that I've played in that one real life day is equal to one game week, two game weeks, whatever time period you want to choose, etc. This would eliminate the headaches related to "turns" as well as the need to freeze certain horses as every horse would age at the same time.
That sounds absolutely miserable an is exactly the reason why I don't waste my time with other games. I'm not the least bit interested in wasting weeks of my life waiting for a bit of code to be old enough to breed or do literally anything with. As is, I can play at my own pace without being punished for having a life outside the game.
I second this opinion. The main reason I keep getting frustrated and losing interest in breeding sims is because it takes so long to even get my breeding projects started (It took me a few months working at my own pace to get a barely a quarter of the way through my solo project) and there's usually almost nothing else left to do but sit on my hands and play extremely unrelated mini games. And this site doesn't even have the mini game option.

Honestly, I like that this place doesn't play like an app game (timers out of your control) dress-up sim (with genes!) and it's more inclined to get my money that way, too.
GooserDog
Visit My Farm

Post by GooserDog »

I like this game in that your horses age with every turn. In the real world you cannot "freeze" a horses age. I like the realism of this aspect of this game. I'd say instead of making this "convenient" change for those who want to, more or less, cheat the system then it would be easier to have 2 accounts.
There are other horse games where you can decide how fast a horse ages, or not at all but that's the difference and character between this game and others that many of us love very many.

(Seconding any related posts like this)
flrancho
Visit My Farm

Post by flrancho »

Argent wrote:
flrancho wrote:
I'd rather just see this game made like any other sim style game like this that I've played in that one real life day is equal to one game week, two game weeks, whatever time period you want to choose, etc. This would eliminate the headaches related to "turns" as well as the need to freeze certain horses as every horse would age at the same time.

I second this opinion. The main reason I keep getting frustrated and losing interest in breeding sims is because it takes so long to even get my breeding projects started (It took me a few months working at my own pace to get a barely a quarter of the way through my solo project) and there's usually almost nothing else left to do but sit on my hands and play extremely unrelated mini games. And this site doesn't even have the mini game option.

Honestly, I like that this place doesn't play like an app game (timers out of your control) dress-up sim (with genes!) and it's more inclined to get my money that way, too.
Well, everyone has their own things they like and how they want to play. I only take one turn per rl day because I don't like the turns system. (for this reason I will likely never upgrade since extra turns don't mean anything to me and I feel the only benefit I would get is seeing conformation stats and I don't think that alone is worth the price) The turns system feels too rushed for me, and as already stated I don't like timing out on training and having horses I still need to work, but then I have to age everybody (which is why I'm making my second account a training account and my main is a breeding, training, and competing account.). I've never had issues with patience in breeding projects, but hey, I'm also the person that plays a horse racing sim that runs in real time and love it (ie one game year equals one rl year). And yes, I do understand the hard work of solo projects, etc. By and large I don't like the way the vast majority of players here breed their horses (no real life registerable Thoroughbred is going to be 20 hh and be silver roan spotted blanket with blue eyes). Yeah, I understand its a game and people can breed how they want, but literally everyone breeds horses against breed standard in nearly every breed. I want realisim…. a horse that is conformationally correct in the height and color that breed is supposed to come in, excelling in the sport that horse is supposed to compete in (no Clydesdales in racing competitions and winning against TB's and Arabians). Which means I work on my own solo project, running all the breeds used to create it myself, virtually using no outside blood because I don't want to contaminate my lines with heights/colors I don't want... which in the end will also probably force me to keep only one breed, especially using my side account because of the turns system. But despite of this, its how I want to play. If you all like the turns, great. I'm not a fan.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Turns are there to allow people to play at their own pace. If you want to play in real time you can do that with the current system. If you want to rush through a breeding program (relatively) quickly, you can do that too. The only reason turns are locked to a time limit is to help reduce server load. HWO is setup to allow you to play the way you want to play, I'm not going to tell you how to play. Want to breed perfect horses with realistic blood lines? You can do that. Want to breed horses for stats and don't care about anything else, you can do that too. Want to breed funny looking horses for a laugh? Go ahead! HWO is open for everyone!

We've been working on some new systems and changes to how things work behind the scenes as well, so maybe you'll see some changes sooner than you think. ;)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am