The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

100% Chance For New Breed with 5/5 Evals

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
StarLite
Visit My Farm

Re: 100% Chance For New Breed with 5/5 Evals

Post by StarLite »

I often have better luck creating breeds with horses that are not 5/5 for the breed. Often I will choose to use horses that don't have a perfect evaluation and just make that they are out in opposite ways. So for example if the breed I'm trying create wants a medium light to medium build and I have a light mare I will cross her on a medium heavy stud.
I honestly haven't had a lot of luck with the perfect evaluations for breed creation.
Zebracat1234
Visit My Farm

Post by Zebracat1234 »

I second this. When trying to breed Chincoteagues, I had a group of 4* and 5* mares, and my 4* mares produced Chincoteague ponies every other breeding, versus my 5* that produced Chincoteagues very randomly and inconsistently.
Chincoteague Ponies | Thoroughbreds
Lekara
Visit My Farm

Post by Lekara »

CrownRoyalEquestrian wrote:The problem is that I'm trying to create the Warlander and currently, there is only one Andalusian stud with 5/5. So I threw him at 4 different 5/5 eval Fresian mares - all were 5/5 for the Warlander. I was shocked and really dismayed that all of them were breed fails.
Hi CRE! Sorry you're having trouble with the breeding - it can be frustrating, but that means it's also very rewarding when you pull it off!
If you only bred 4 mares once each, you probably weren't giving the stud and mares a fair chance. When I am trying to breed First Generations (or new breeds) I usually dedicate at least 6 mares and two studs and breed them at least 10 years together. That means at least 60 foals - of those, I might succeed in getting that new breed only a few times. So just keep trying! It really is a roll of the dice (though you do control of some parameters by choosing optimal parents, there is still a measure of luck required).

ALSO - I breed Andalusians and Warlanders (and Lusitanos). I'd love to help you in your efforts. I can give you a good price on Andalusian studs or look through the Andalusians on my other account to find some that are 5* for Warlanders to sell to you to a very fair price. And/Or I could get you some Warlanders to get your farm started from there.

Don't give up!
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I've created a Cleveland Bay out of 0/4 stallion and 3/4 mare - and no, it was not pure luck, it was part luck and part calculation. The stallion was too big, the mare too small, the foal came out in the middle just the right height and so on. So having 5* parents is nowhere near the requirement.
I've not had much luck in making a Mongolian, only ever bred one despite having tried over and over again, so I've now bred one of the parents needed too big and almost too bulky, because all the time I came up with horses that were too small or too little bulk. First try - 0/4 :D I've tried the same pair together again anyway, because the results are all over the place - and that's not a glitch in the game, that's the result of the lines used have not been consistently selected true to type for generations and generations thus making their genetics homogeneous for the type of horse you want. If you have, for example, two 16hh horses that each have a 14hh and a 18hh grandparent, their foal then could be anywhere between 14hh and 18hh, and not necessarily anywhere near the 16hh of the parents, because they don't have to necessarily inherit the opposing height genes from their parents, they can inherit the "small" or the "big" from both, so you might have full siblings with 4hh difference in height.
That all said, as I understand it, just like in real life you have to consolidate your lines before getting anything even close to a guaranteed result. And even then nothing is guaranteed, really.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:09 pm

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:09 pm