The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
Hi, I don't know if they could be of help to you (they are both at least hetero champagnes):
one mare (if you are willing to try her despite the age) and a stallion - he's for stud;
they should be both double Pearls and have green/golden agil

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1293933
4* NAB; 46 HGP (<20 Coi)
golden agil
good: stam, mov, temp, bal, int
average: str, spd
(e/e At/a Ch/n prl/prl Z/z t/t)

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1190393
45 HGP (<19 Coi)
green agil
good: stam, temp, int
average: str, spd, mov, bal
(E/e a/a Ch/n prl/prl Lp/lp t/N)
They're both nice horses.
The low GP project is to achieve the under 10000 HGP quest, so neither of these horses will work for me. Plus, I don't want to introduce champagne or cream into the herd.
When I said strengths of speed and balance with average of agile, those are the traits I want to actually weaken. I have nominally reds for the rest of the traits, but getting red speed, balance and agile are being difficult... to say the least.

But thank you, I appreciate the thought.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: They're both nice horses.
The low GP project is to achieve the under 10000 HGP quest, so neither of these horses will work for me. Plus, I don't want to introduce champagne or cream into the herd.
When I said strengths of speed and balance with average of agile, those are the traits I want to actually weaken. I have nominally reds for the rest of the traits, but getting red speed, balance and agile are being difficult... to say the least.

But thank you, I appreciate the thought.
Ah, totally missed the point it seems x_x sry...
then again, purposely getting reds does seem to be quite difficult, good luck with that ;) (and thanks for being nice with pointing out my misconception :) )
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
Ah, totally missed the point it seems x_x sry...
then again, purposely getting reds does seem to be quite difficult, good luck with that ;) (and thanks for being nice with pointing out my misconception :) )
There's no point in yelling and screaming or being mean when it could very well have been my wording that was confusing, that really just leads to hurt feelings. Besides, I'm not the only one that really tries their best to keep this site very peaceful.
Personally, I'm proud that this site is thought of as kind, friendly, nice and indeed peaceful. If we start with it, it's much easier to pass it on.

And thank you! I've been working on this project I think for coming up on two years now... almost as long as some, probably longer than quite a few others. We can get them into the 10000 HGP area, but it seems none of us has been able to break lower than that. It also doesn't seem to make much of a difference if we cross out to other bloodlines either. One of us will get there. Eventually.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: There's no point in yelling and screaming or being mean when it could very well have been my wording that was confusing, that really just leads to hurt feelings. Besides, I'm not the only one that really tries their best to keep this site very peaceful.
Personally, I'm proud that this site is thought of as kind, friendly, nice and indeed peaceful. If we start with it, it's much easier to pass it on.

And thank you! I've been working on this project I think for coming up on two years now... almost as long as some, probably longer than quite a few others. We can get them into the 10000 HGP area, but it seems none of us has been able to break lower than that. It also doesn't seem to make much of a difference if we cross out to other bloodlines either. One of us will get there. Eventually.
Indeed, I have to admit - I was a bit surprised in the beginning that this site is that peaceful (I even recently refered a mother to here when she asked me about this interesting looking game i was playing for her underaged daughter ;) ). And given the 'normal' tone in conversation used nowadays I like to let people now that I'm thankfull for them being courteous rather than being like squabbling five year old with a temper/ attention deficit - which might be presumtious of me but being nice doesn't hurt.

That is a long time oO so getting the crummy foal quest is a lot harder than getting higher rates - thumps up for being so persistent, I know I probably couldn't do this ^^' so yeah, I hope you lot will succeed eventually :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
Indeed, I have to admit - I was a bit surprised in the beginning that this site is that peaceful (I even recently refered a mother to here when she asked me about this interesting looking game i was playing for her underaged daughter ;) ). And given the 'normal' tone in conversation used nowadays I like to let people now that I'm thankfull for them being courteous rather than being like squabbling five year old with a temper/ attention deficit - which might be presumtious of me but being nice doesn't hurt.

That is a long time oO so getting the crummy foal quest is a lot harder than getting higher rates - thumps up for being so persistent, I know I probably couldn't do this ^^' so yeah, I hope you lot will succeed eventually :)
It takes all of us to keep the game peaceful, so thank you for your work as well! Although I'd still recommend parents supervise their children, after all, this game is a for-adult game, with children welcome. We do have some pot-stirrers, but they generally keep it off site anymore.

I also wholly agree with you as well, on both points. I too hope we succeed eventually! :lol:
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
It takes all of us to keep the game peaceful, so thank you for your work as well! Although I'd still recommend parents supervise their children, after all, this game is a for-adult game, with children welcome. We do have some pot-stirrers, but they generally keep it off site anymore.

I also wholly agree with you as well, on both points. I too hope we succeed eventually! :lol:
Thank you ^^ I did advise her, but aparently her daughter loves 'real-looking' horses and if the mother would keep an eye on her i think it should be ok - it seems there are few games for children with realistic proportioned horses ^^' and as long as the general consent is peacefull some hotheads will be ok, sometimes even they learn to appreciate getting nice responses x)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
Thank you ^^ I did advise her, but aparently her daughter loves 'real-looking' horses and if the mother would keep an eye on her i think it should be ok - it seems there are few games for children with realistic proportioned horses ^^' and as long as the general consent is peacefull some hotheads will be ok, sometimes even they learn to appreciate getting nice responses x)
Ahha! You are quite right. It's a shame I stopped holding my breath long ago. :D
I am concerned about when we get a much larger population. I know it's good for the community, I'm all for it, but I do worry about the effort we'll have to put forth to attempt to keep it peaceful, it's such a tall order. People are so used to pushing and arguing, I can't help but feel failure may be the only outcome. But I do believe this game is worth the effort to fight for the peace and the community we have. Maybe I mean that the other way around? I think I mean that both ways.

I've tried a lot of other games, some more realistic, others far from. This is the only game that I'm satisfied with. Of course you don't know me, but that's saying a lot. It's great to finally have a game like this.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: Ahha! You are quite right. It's a shame I stopped holding my breath long ago. :D
I am concerned about when we get a much larger population. I know it's good for the community, I'm all for it, but I do worry about the effort we'll have to put forth to attempt to keep it peaceful, it's such a tall order. People are so used to pushing and arguing, I can't help but feel failure may be the only outcome. But I do believe this game is worth the effort to fight for the peace and the community we have. Maybe I mean that the other way around? I think I mean that both ways.

I've tried a lot of other games, some more realistic, others far from. This is the only game that I'm satisfied with. Of course you don't know me, but that's saying a lot. It's great to finally have a game like this.
I think I get what you mean ;) And yes, for me often with online games it's hard to stay interested if I stopped at some point or if there was some thing that put me off - be it people or frustrating mechanics; so i myself am a bit surprised that I'm still around ^^' this game is simple to get into and the commutity is really helpfull, the optics are quite nice (if they ever make it to the 3D-version they would be absolutly stunning i guess) and the horses themselfs are 1. realistic; 2. have differing proportions even visible - not only variations of the coat or extremely limited expressions in bodytypes like ...all other games?; 3. and i admit it freely, the genetic aspects are on one hand easy with the current range (others are getting slowly included, but i like that i don't get whacked in my face with a mountain of possibilities) on the other hand are purely conjecture based on visible clues and ancestry - playing detective is always amusing (if sometimes a bit frustrating).

To summarize: I love this game <3 - and I do hope people will come to like this game as well AND its current community ^^
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
I think I get what you mean ;) And yes, for me often with online games it's hard to stay interested if I stopped at some point or if there was some thing that put me off - be it people or frustrating mechanics; so i myself am a bit surprised that I'm still around ^^' this game is simple to get into and the commutity is really helpfull, the optics are quite nice (if they ever make it to the 3D-version they would be absolutly stunning i guess) and the horses themselfs are 1. realistic; 2. have differing proportions even visible - not only variations of the coat or extremely limited expressions in bodytypes like ...all other games?; 3. and i admit it freely, the genetic aspects are on one hand easy with the current range (others are getting slowly included, but i like that i don't get whacked in my face with a mountain of possibilities) on the other hand are purely conjecture based on visible clues and ancestry - playing detective is always amusing (if sometimes a bit frustrating).

To summarize: I love this game <3 - and I do hope people will come to like this game as well AND its current community ^^
I do believe, you've hit on exactly the same reasons most of the rest of us enjoy this game as well.

That certainly deserves a Cheers and a Here-Here!

Cheers!

Here-Here!

:lol:

I'd raise my beer in toast if I liked (and was currently drinking) the stuff.
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote: I do believe, you've hit on exactly the same reasons most of the rest of us enjoy this game as well.

That certainly deserves a Cheers and a Here-Here!

Cheers!

Here-Here!

:lol:

I'd raise my beer in toast if I liked (and was currently drinking) the stuff.
I agree - in all points xD So I'll toast with a hot chocolate :lol: Cheers!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 am