The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
redster
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:I tried to breed to Bramble and I'm out of room for horses! And I'm broke after buying a bunch of eval books (all but three of the breeds which descend from Tarpans) so I can list 5* things in stud ads. Plus I'm really distracted right now, so I keep logging in, getting called away and coming back to find myself logged out, :P

I want to speed through some turns, but I want to really evaluate my stock. I don't have any I want to part with but I do have a lot who are old. I'm also thinking of adding a crossbreeding at the bottom of my spreadsheet (which I have tweaked and redone so that the conditional formatting is no longer messy) section for breeds that cross so I remember to consider them when breeding.
I've been doing a lot of restructuring myself today, and really realizing that I need to build up a solid base herd of both Tarpans and Przewalskis to support my Mongolians and other breeds, so I've been working on that. I've been stalking the marketplace and managed to grab a couple good foundation Tarpans, but still haven't seen any decent Przewalskis. So, when Bramble finally goes, I at least have some good boys to replace him now.

We really need some new Przewalski blood around here. I've accepted the fact that I'm not getting an upgrade anytime soon, so I think I'm just going to spend my PT on some AC Przewalskis, and hope and pray that they're pretty good. For now, I'll just use others' help in checking conformation and stuff if I need it, instead of getting an upgrade myself. (And somewhat on that note, if you don't mind me coming to you for help on some breed ratings from time to time, I'm not above buying one of your horses for a decent chunk of cash so you can get the rest of those eval books, if you want.)
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

redster wrote: (And somewhat on that note, if you don't mind me coming to you for help on some breed ratings from time to time, I'm not above buying one of your horses for a decent chunk of cash so you can get the rest of those eval books, if you want.)

I don't mind doing evals, it's why I bought all the books. I want to increase the quality of our breeds as a whole, no matter who the horses belong to. The better your horses are, the better luck I will have finding good horses to breed to at a later date. I'll even give you the confo info if you need it. This goes for everyone. You can pay me back with trading horses or cheap studs or foals someday. :D

Seems like we are all in the position of trying to establish a decent base and go from there. The better our bases are the easier it will be to sell or stud our horses, the better the market will become, people wanting a particular breed will be able to find quality horses. The Thoroughbred breeders, and now the Arabian breeders are doing things like this. I'd love to see us having good quality horses with which to create a registry one day or something.

EDIT: I had a bramble foal and he's got green balance! I'm really happy with him. Looks like I did manage to get at least one out of him before running out of room. :D I haven't checked who all I've got bred at the moment. Just finishing up getting everyone into the spreadsheet but I thought I'd share.

redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

Hilayla wrote:.
Aww! I'm so glad. Bramble finally went on to greener pastures tonight, and I'm finding that I'm actually pretty sad about it. I don't know what it was about that boy that I got so attached to, haha. I got a nice Tarpan filly from him first, but I'm still gonna miss him.

Also, I'm considering trying to unlock Chinese Ponies since I have all the pieces for it already, so let me know if you (or anyone else) might be interested in any in the future, or if you prefer to do your own breeding of them.

(and I really did mean it when I said that I'm willing to help out in purchasing breed books--for you or anyone else working on these breeds who might be interested. As you said, I'm definitely all about helping the populations of these breeds at large, and not just my own stock. :D )
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

I have about 6 Chinese Ponies at the moment. When I bred my first one I went to the market and bought all the ones for sale at that time. If you need a stud let me know. Most of mine are boys. I probably have one up for sale, but I haven't redone my stud listing in a while. I need to that today or tomorrow now that I've finally gotten all my horses of all breeds entered into my spreadsheet. I decided to add a place to record the # of offspring as well because I find I tend to breed the best horses a lot and some get passed over completely.

Speaking of Evals, I got the Vyatka book today. It was over 15,000 and I think the most expensive so if anyone needs an eval...., I'll edit the post with the list of books to show that I have it now.
Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

AltNazarach wrote:.
Hello, good Mongolian folks! I need mares for my Yakut breeding project, so I would love to either buy or rent (?) a Mongol mare or two for my Shetland x Tarpan boys.

I'm especially interested in mares that are already of breeding age and have low-to-no COI. And I know you all have invested a lot of time and energy into establishing your herds, so feel free to name your price! If anyone is interested in helping me out in this quest, please ping me.
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Stick wrote:
AltNazarach wrote:.
Hello, good Mongolian folks! I need mares for my Yakut breeding project, so I would love to either buy or rent (?) a Mongol mare or two for my Shetland x Tarpan boys.

I'm especially interested in mares that are already of breeding age and have low-to-no COI. And I know you all have invested a lot of time and energy into establishing your herds, so feel free to name your price! If anyone is interested in helping me out in this quest, please ping me.
I only have two Mongolian Mares at the moment and both eval N/A for Yakut.
Stick
Visit My Farm

Post by Stick »

Hilayla wrote:I only have two Mongolian Mares at the moment and both eval N/A for Yakut.
Ah yes, most of the Mongolians I've been looking at have been N/A for Yakut, with only a few being 2* for their height.

If you're willing to part with or rent out either one of those mares, I'm still interested in them, even with the N/A Yakut rating. If not, I totally understand, and thank you very much for replying in either case! :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hello, Mongolian Breeding community.

I've been having some difficulty breeding a pure mongolian that fits my standards I want. I've finished the quest and had a few colts that kind of matched, but no fillies. Nor have I found any pure fillies that match my needs. So I'm turning to some help.

I would like to order up a purebred filly (or mare) from any of you.
I'm working on some of the breeding quests, so HGP, stats, color... none of that matters. Even an aged mare is fine.
What does matter is the body type and size, and less importantly, height.
Body size needs to be between 40 and 50, optimum would be 45.
Body type needs to be Pony, 55 to 60, optimum would be about 58.
Hands should be around 12hh... a bit taller or shorter is fine, but nothing super tall or super short.

This should be an easy breed, but for some reason, I'm just not getting what I want. :roll:

I'm fine with price as long as I'm not gouged, after all, she'll be a quest mare and I don't plan on keeping any of her offspring for anything other than quest horses.

Thank You!

**Edited to switch body type and size.
Last edited by BlackOak2 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
redster
Visit My Farm

Post by redster »

BlackOak2 wrote:.
stick wrote:.
I'm going to be trying to breed for more female Mongolians myself, and if there are any that I'm not intending on keeping for my own project, I'll throw them up in here.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

redster wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:.
stick wrote:.
I'm going to be trying to breed for more female Mongolians myself, and if there are any that I'm not intending on keeping for my own project, I'll throw them up in here.
Beautiful! Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:41 am