The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Wingless Flight Arabians

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Re: Wingless Flight Arabians

Post by Wingless Flight »

Chawki

The prettiest flaxen I've bred so far :)
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Taqi

I just want to memorialise this guy, who produced a whopping 8 foals during a period where I became very strict about the foals I keep.

Furthermore, since I've been focusing on breeding horses to the arabian standard, I've been surprised to see how my horses have changed stat wise. Somehow movement and tempo have become some of their better stats (conformation wise). :shock:

All in all, faces are 3/4 of the way there and I've been taking neck length into account recently. There's stilla little improvement needed in jowl thickness, but I've been seeing quite a few ideal-headed foals recently.

Body conformation wise, short backs are becoming common, which I feel have greatly improved the look of my horses. I'm slowly increasing depth of flank to aid stamina and further improve the look of the horses and there's still a bit of variation in croup, although I've bred quite a few with nicely balanced ones.

I'm considering doing a side by siide comparison of my arabs vs. adoptions centre arabs in order to see how far I've come.

And oh yeah, my farm had its 100th anniversary

Last edited by Wingless Flight on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Janan

I've got a whole bunch of horses with good heads now, and the numbers with gold intelligence and green stamina are increasing steadily. I intend to focus on endurance when I have decent horses and maybe some of the western disciplines. I'm kind of torn though.

Right now I'm just hoping for a 43 GP foal.
RandomArabian1919
Visit My Farm

Post by RandomArabian1919 »

SaloméDances wrote:
Wingless Flight Arabians
"...And Allah took a handful of south wind and from it formed a horse, saying, "I create thee, Oh Arabian. To thy forelock I bind victory in battle. On thy back I set a rich spoil, and a treasure in thy loins. I establish thee flight without wings."
Wingless Flight Arabians is situated in a lush green valley sheltered from the semi-desert surrounding it by a series of rolling hills riddled with streams.

Mission

Wingless Flight Arabians breeds a line of purebred Arabians from Adoption Center stock without the addition of any other horse breeds to the line.

Vision

Wingless Flight Arabians aims to create a fresh line of Arabians in HWO with an excellent breeder's report and conformation.

Goals

Short Term Goals
  • Aquire 1-2 new Adoption center horses for fresh blood for lines.
    Decide on Blood Bay line.
    Experiment with light maned bay (Nothing much came of it, lol)
    Start breeding for hip conformation
    Breed keeper foal with 43 GP
    More Black Foals
    More Bay Foals
    Upgrade number of horses that can be owned
    Breed the adoption centre horses
    Breed keeper foal with 44 GP
    Rehome/retire horses under 39 GP

Medium Term Goals
  • Improve WFA's line of black horses.
    Breed a horse with a GP of 40.
    Breed a horse with a GP of 45
    Develop green intelligence and stamina in lines.
    Increase maximum number of horses that can be owned
    Buy 10 fresh Adoption Center Horses for conformation line
    Increase number of non grey seal brown and black horses
    Breed foal with 6/8 of the conformation stats I'm looking at
    Breed foal with 7/8 of the conformation stats I'm looking at
    Breed foal with flank depth at half the bar
    Breed foal with sloped hip half the bar
    Adopt 1 flaxen mare
    Adopt 1 black mare
    All horses have good heads
Long Term Goals
  • Improve Conformation
    Gold stats in at least, stamina, speed, agility and intelligence.
Foal Keep/Cull Criteria
  • 5 Star Evaluation in the Arabian Book
    No Red in the breeders report
    Exhibits at least 4 of the 8 of the conformation characteristics I'm looking for.
    COI under 35%
    Fillies: GP of 39 or higher
    Colts: GP of 40 or higher

To anyone reading:

Helloo! And thanks for taking a look! Anyone else breeding Arabians from fresh stock?

Updates
2018/10/18
2018/10/19 - Made keep/cull criteria more strict
2018/10/21 - Made cull criteria even stricter + Added some adoption centre horses
2018/10/21 - Bred foal with over half bar deep flank!
I know, you already looked over at my forum and already know I breed Arabs for the ABA project, but I'd like to support you and Arabians in any way possible. So, if you need any horses, help, etc. you can always ask me. ;)
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

RandomArabian1919 wrote:Thank you! I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. Right now I'm all right with finances for my farm and one of my goals is to breed horses without any outside sources (except for the AC horses). But I'm excited to get to a stage where my horses are good enough to sell and stud. I'll probably join the ABA then :D and look forward to working with other Arabian breeders and probably those who'd like to improve the looks of some other breeds.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Liban

My first 43 GP Stallion. Quite a few more unrelated 43's have started to crop up after him.
RandomArabian1919
Visit My Farm

Post by RandomArabian1919 »

SaloméDances wrote:
RandomArabian1919 wrote:Thank you! I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. Right now I'm all right with finances for my farm and one of my goals is to breed horses without any outside sources (except for the AC horses). But I'm excited to get to a stage where my horses are good enough to sell and stud. I'll probably join the ABA then :D and look forward to working with other Arabian breeders and probably those who'd like to improve the looks of some other breeds.
Thank you so much! :D
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

Aaand I'm back.

Mahdi

My first 44 GP Stallion. Slowly inching forward to 50.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

☯ Saud

Meet my first 45 GP keeper foal. Mostly because of his depth of flank, which is the highest I've bred so far. Its finally begun giving me stamina, which is why I think this guy has as high GP as he has.
Wingless Flight
Visit My Farm

☯ Wajih

46 GP Stallion. Fairly decent conformation wise. I really need to focus on getting nice, thick jowl on my arabians.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 pm

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:08 pm