The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horses stuck fat

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Naz
Visit My Farm

Horses stuck fat

Post by Naz »

Does anyone know if there's an environmental cause to this (i.e. feeding them more than they can eat or more than they need for too long or something) or if it's genetic, or if it's just a bug of some kind? I have a few horses who need too much food for energy to get anywhere lower than very fat.
nix_uk
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Horses stuck fat

Post by nix_uk »

Naz wrote:Does anyone know if there's an environmental cause to this (i.e. feeding them more than they can eat or more than they need for too long or something) or if it's genetic, or if it's just a bug of some kind? I have a few horses who need too much food for energy to get anywhere lower than very fat.
If they're in meadows and grass is giving too much energy, I'd recommend putting them in a barn if you can afford one. You can then lower their feed to 95% and they should slowly return to normal weight.
Naz
Visit My Farm

Post by Naz »

nix_uk wrote:
Naz wrote:Does anyone know if there's an environmental cause to this (i.e. feeding them more than they can eat or more than they need for too long or something) or if it's genetic, or if it's just a bug of some kind? I have a few horses who need too much food for energy to get anywhere lower than very fat.
If they're in meadows and grass is giving too much energy, I'd recommend putting them in a barn if you can afford one. You can then lower their feed to 95% and they should slowly return to normal weight.
Okay, thank you :)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Naz wrote:
nix_uk wrote:
If it is just a question of overeating, and you don't want to buy a barn, you can also mow down your pasture so they don't get that much grass.
The amount of food they need depends on horse's size, if they're in training or not, and also genetic. And I've also heard about a bug that made horses stuck in one end of the thin-fat scale regardless of what they were being fed, and I've no idea if it was fixed or not.
Naz
Visit My Farm

Post by Naz »

Tjigra wrote:
Naz wrote:
If it is just a question of overeating, and you don't want to buy a barn, you can also mow down your pasture so they don't get that much grass.
The amount of food they need depends on horse's size, if they're in training or not, and also genetic. And I've also heard about a bug that made horses stuck in one end of the thin-fat scale regardless of what they were being fed, and I've no idea if it was fixed or not.
I've noticed that bigger horses seem to breed more food... Just some horses always need more than 100% to have enough energy, that's why I was wondering if it was a bug... It's frustrating because a horse can have really nice stats but the fact that it's not at a good weight means it'll probably be at a disadvantage in competitions
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

Can you link the horses? There's a known bug but it could also be what you feed, if i can check them out I might be able to answer :)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

Naz wrote: I've noticed that bigger horses seem to breed more food... Just some horses always need more than 100% to have enough energy, that's why I was wondering if it was a bug... It's frustrating because a horse can have really nice stats but the fact that it's not at a good weight means it'll probably be at a disadvantage in competitions
But why can't you feed them more than 100%? Most of mine are on a bit over 100%, I don't find that neither odd nor inconvenient. Those in training usually eat around 105% or more, and that's just fine.
Hotter horses need more food than colder blood ones. Like, Arabians, TBs and such need more to keep in shape. Ponies need less (in proportion of their size).
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:08 am