The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Mongolians

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Dynasty
Visit My Farm

Re: Mongolians

Post by Dynasty »

Are these an expensive or difficult breed to obtain? Because I just fell in love
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:Hello, Mongolian Breeding community.

I've been having some difficulty breeding a pure mongolian that fits my standards I want. I've finished the quest and had a few colts that kind of matched, but no fillies. Nor have I found any pure fillies that match my needs. So I'm turning to some help.

I would like to order up a purebred filly (or mare) from any of you.
I'm working on some of the breeding quests, so HGP, stats, color... none of that matters. Even an aged mare is fine.
What does matter is the body type and size, and less importantly, height.
Body type needs to be between 40 and 50, optimum would be 45.
Body size needs to be Pony, 55 to 60, optimum would be about 58.
Hands should be around 12hh... a bit taller or shorter is fine, but nothing super tall or super short.

This should be an easy breed, but for some reason, I'm just not getting what I want. :roll:

I'm fine with price as long as I'm not gouged, after all, she'll be a quest mare and I don't plan on keeping any of her offspring for anything other than quest horses.

Thank You!
Hi, don't know if she is what you need (have you perhaps swaped type and size?) If you want to take a look;
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1424334
If she throws the foal I'm hoping for, then you can have her for free (I'd also take her back after you are through with her :) )
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Hello, Mongolian Breeding community.

I've been having some difficulty breeding a pure mongolian that fits my standards I want. I've finished the quest and had a few colts that kind of matched, but no fillies. Nor have I found any pure fillies that match my needs. So I'm turning to some help.

I would like to order up a purebred filly (or mare) from any of you.
I'm working on some of the breeding quests, so HGP, stats, color... none of that matters. Even an aged mare is fine.
What does matter is the body type and size, and less importantly, height.
Body type needs to be between 40 and 50, optimum would be 45.
Body size needs to be Pony, 55 to 60, optimum would be about 58.
Hands should be around 12hh... a bit taller or shorter is fine, but nothing super tall or super short.

This should be an easy breed, but for some reason, I'm just not getting what I want. :roll:

I'm fine with price as long as I'm not gouged, after all, she'll be a quest mare and I don't plan on keeping any of her offspring for anything other than quest horses.

Thank You!
Hi, don't know if she is what you need (have you perhaps swaped type and size?) If you want to take a look;
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1424334
If she throws the foal I'm hoping for, then you can have her for free (I'd also take her back after you are through with her :) )
I did swap size and type! :roll: D'Oh!

She would fit my needs well, the problem is I will be using her for aiding in creating the following breeds (these are all open for me presently for mongolian breeding):
Nigerian
Hequ
Timor Pony
Pindos Pony
Altai
Sorraia
Chinese Guoxia
Burma Pony
Bashkir
Dulmen
Hucul
Norwegian Fjord
Yakut
Chinese Pony

Some of them are cross foals I'll need, some of them are are straight mongolian to a cross stud, there are even a short amount of mongolian to purebred.
The point I'm trying to make, is even if she gives me exactly what I need every breeding, she'll be over 24 years at the end (considering breeding during her tenth year). So if you want her back, please give me an age of when you want her returned. Any mongolian mare sent to me, will certainly spend a 'lifetime' in the breeding shed and I fear that mare's set to return to original owners will in fact pass on before I'm finished.
Please consider a mare that you won't or don't want back, I don't want to kill off a mare that has other uses. This is also the reason why I want to purchase the mare for an amount of money, to ensure the breeder (you in this case) is compensated for the loss of your mare.

All that being said, I'm in no rush for a mare. Just keep me in mind when you have one that fits my requests that you no longer need (or a cull foal that doesn't fit your requirements).
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Stick wrote:
Hilayla wrote:I only have two Mongolian Mares at the moment and both eval N/A for Yakut.
Ah yes, most of the Mongolians I've been looking at have been N/A for Yakut, with only a few being 2* for their height.

If you're willing to part with or rent out either one of those mares, I'm still interested in them, even with the N/A Yakut rating. If not, I totally understand, and thank you very much for replying in either case! :D

I'd be happy to do a brood or two just link me to the stallion you'd like to use. They are pregnant at the moment (I think) and I'll keep checking the Yakut Evals as I have more born.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Stick wrote:
Hilayla wrote:I only have two Mongolian Mares at the moment and both eval N/A for Yakut.
Ah yes, most of the Mongolians I've been looking at have been N/A for Yakut, with only a few being 2* for their height.

If you're willing to part with or rent out either one of those mares, I'm still interested in them, even with the N/A Yakut rating. If not, I totally understand, and thank you very much for replying in either case! :D

I'd be happy to do a brood or two just link me to the stallion you'd like to use. They are pregnant at the moment (I think) and I'll keep checking the Yakut Evals as I have more born. I am also possibly open to sell them as well but I need to check ages and how many times I've bred them and what not.

This goes for anyone else too. I'm happy to help with goals and such. Look around my farm and feel free to message or ping me if I can help in any way. :D

EDIT: The older mare just had a filly, sadly n/a for Yakut as well but I'll sell you the mare cheap. I went ahead and put her up so offer whatever and she's yours. She's the mom of almost all my Mongols and related to most of my other breeds so I should really get her out of here. LOL
Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by Nazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:

She would fit my needs well, the problem is I will be using her for aiding in creating the following breeds (these are all open for me presently for mongolian breeding):
Nigerian
Hequ
Timor Pony
Pindos Pony
Altai
Sorraia
Chinese Guoxia
Burma Pony
Bashkir
Dulmen
Hucul
Norwegian Fjord
Yakut
Chinese Pony

Some of them are cross foals I'll need, some of them are are straight mongolian to a cross stud, there are even a short amount of mongolian to purebred.
The point I'm trying to make, is even if she gives me exactly what I need every breeding, she'll be over 24 years at the end (considering breeding during her tenth year). So if you want her back, please give me an age of when you want her returned. Any mongolian mare sent to me, will certainly spend a 'lifetime' in the breeding shed and I fear that mare's set to return to original owners will in fact pass on before I'm finished.
Please consider a mare that you won't or don't want back, I don't want to kill off a mare that has other uses. This is also the reason why I want to purchase the mare for an amount of money, to ensure the breeder (you in this case) is compensated for the loss of your mare.

All that being said, I'm in no rush for a mare. Just keep me in mind when you have one that fits my requests that you no longer need (or a cull foal that doesn't fit your requirements).
Godness, then you have quite a bit of breeding to do ^^' I'll have her have a foal first and then look if a mongo filly will be there to replace her and sell you her (if she is still needed then) :) as to the amount, any would help as I don't have any good comp-horse on this account, but she is not really special in way that would amount to a higher price... or if you are successful with the sorraia you could give me a breeding :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Nazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Nigerian
Hequ
Timor Pony
Pindos Pony
Altai
Sorraia
Chinese Guoxia
Burma Pony
Bashkir
Dulmen
Hucul
Norwegian Fjord
Yakut
Chinese Pony

Godness, then you have quite a bit of breeding to do ^^' I'll have her have a foal first and then look if a mongo filly will be there to replace her and sell you her (if she is still needed then) :) as to the amount, any would help as I don't have any good comp-horse on this account, but she is not really special in way that would amount to a higher price... or if you are successful with the sorraia you could give me a breeding :D
There appears to be acceptable sorraia's at stud on market, so whatever sorraia foal I happen to have success with, you can have, if you want. I can also work on that cross first.

How about 20k and the sorraia foal, or I am more than willing to do 50k and I'll put the sorraia [colt] up at stud (I put them up for 1000, when I do). Actually, I'm liable to do that anyway, I send them over to a standing farm and keep them up at stud until I'm done quests (for as long as I still have quests either open or locked).

Or there is one other option, which arguably may be a better money-making option for you in the long run. I could find an acceptable grinder foal from the market and train it up for you for free. In this case, I'll purchase the mare for 10k from you.
Of course, I have a good prospect I'm working on right now for a personal grinder... I could breed him to an acceptable mare and train up his foal as your grinder... I expect a decent outcome once he hits the comps. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1667992

I'll leave the decision to you.
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
There appears to be acceptable sorraia's at stud on market, so whatever sorraia foal I happen to have success with, you can have, if you want. I can also work on that cross first.

How about 20k and the sorraia foal, or I am more than willing to do 50k and I'll put the sorraia [colt] up at stud (I put them up for 1000, when I do). Actually, I'm liable to do that anyway, I send them over to a standing farm and keep them up at stud until I'm done quests (for as long as I still have quests either open or locked).

Or there is one other option, which arguably may be a better money-making option for you in the long run. I could find an acceptable grinder foal from the market and train it up for you for free. In this case, I'll purchase the mare for 10k from you.
Of course, I have a good prospect I'm working on right now for a personal grinder... I could breed him to an acceptable mare and train up his foal as your grinder... I expect a decent outcome once he hits the comps. http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1667992

I may need a bit of time still, so there is no need to rush in any case ^^' and 10k + a grinder is more than I could ask for, many many thanks! *-*
When - hopefully soon - she has had her foal I'll ping you here :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

AltNazarach wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I may need a bit of time still, so there is no need to rush in any case ^^' and 10k + a grinder is more than I could ask for, many many thanks! *-*
When - hopefully soon - she has had her foal I'll ping you here :)
Sounds perfect, I'll hunt up a good grinder and start on him/her now. It's likely to take me a couple days to fully train anyway, so again, no rush. :D
AltNazarach
Visit My Farm

Post by AltNazarach »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Sounds perfect, I'll hunt up a good grinder and start on him/her now. It's likely to take me a couple days to fully train anyway, so again, no rush. :D
Ok, again many thanks ^^ (better ping me an Nazarach then cause I'll freeze this one when she dropped her foal and I may not notice otherwise -.-')
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 am