Game Generated Emails

Log of changes released to the game
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Game Generated Emails

Postby larissar » September 27th, 2014, 5:12 pm

I'm updating the email notification system to use html emails in addition to plain emails. The system is setup now but all the email templates have to be converted over to the html format. I'll be working on that later tonight so until then if you receive an email from the game and it's not as expected (poor formatting, no line breaks, etc) just bear with me while I go through and update them all.

Phylliskt
Visit My Farm

Game Generated Emails

Postby Phylliskt » December 6th, 2015, 2:50 am

Pretty simple question really. Is this possible? To receive notifications or forwarded messages from the in game mail system to our personal emails would be nice to keep in touch with friends in game... and allow us to know when we receive emails without having to log in, but giving incentive to do so in order to reply and play. The best thing that I could think of as far as privacy is concerned would be to make sure that players cannot see people's personal email addresses unless the recipient wished for other players to have that knowledge.

Just saying that this would be really convenient.
--Akroma

larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Game Generated Emails

Postby larissar » December 6th, 2015, 8:29 am

Do you mean for private messages? We do have a private message system but this is only available to premium accounts. If you want to reach someone specific you can use the quote tag in a forum post and they will get an email notification of they have that option turned On on this account.

Quote works like this:
Phylliskt wrote:

And this is what you would type without the *
[*quote="Phylliskt"] [/quote*]

Return to “Change Log”