Updates - May 25

Log of changes released to the game
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Updates - May 25

Postby larissar » May 25th, 2015, 10:37 pm

I think it's time to revive this subforum so new players can see the progress that older players already know is in the works.
I may not post daily but I will post frequently.

Some updates from the last week, which you may have already noticed:
- you can now view your horses progeny (Children) from a new tab added to their page
- breeds in the adoption center now have ranges for each stat, these values will be adjusted to better reflect the breeds. They are setup so that stats are divided up between breeds with each breed having one very very strong stat, a few very good stats, and the rest mediocre.

Some updates today:
- I've adjusted some behind-the-scenes code for pulling in breed data and discipline data. This information was already getting cached but I've made the cache smaller and faster with less queries when the cache is missed. You probably won't notice the effect this has on the game but there are a number of slow pages which need to be fixed before opening the game.

Coming up next:
- The next updates will have to do with the code for Advancing the Day, and Horse Profiles. Currently these are the slowest pages and they both run on similar code.
- I'll also be working on Premium Accounts benefits and getting the game ready for players to purchase Premium Accounts with Pony Tokens.

Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Updates - May 25

Postby Argent » May 25th, 2015, 11:29 pm

While you're working on the advancing day code, could you possibly work in the turns counter so we can know how "old" our farms are?

Totina
Visit My Farm

Postby Totina » May 26th, 2015, 4:32 am

It seems like something happened with the breeds as well. For example: instead of saying Tarpan / West African Barb cross it now says Half Tarpan. It gets a bit confusing when trying to create new breeds, whether it was intended or not.

larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Postby larissar » May 26th, 2015, 5:53 am

Argent wrote:While you're working on the advancing day code, could you possibly work in the turns counter so we can know how "old" our farms are?

Sure thing.

Totina wrote:It seems like something happened with the breeds as well. For example: instead of saying Tarpan / West African Barb cross it now says Half Tarpan. It gets a bit confusing when trying to create new breeds, whether it was intended or not.

No thats a bug I didn't catch. I'll get that fixed up. (Edit: Fixed now!) Thanks for catching it.

Valkyriea
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Visit My Farm

Postby Valkyriea » May 26th, 2015, 9:06 am

Ahh everything looks nice! :)

Return to “Change Log”