Community Forum

The 'Plume' Horse Association

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
Gaagii
Premium
Premium
Posts: 209
Joined: May 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm
Visit My Farm

The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby Gaagii » June 17th, 2019, 8:39 am

Welcome to the "Plume" Horse Association.

If you're wondering what a "plume" horse is, it's not a breed itself but rather a particular marking found that is currently called plume. You can find an ongoing color discussion about it here. The 'plume' appears to influence:

mane Image
.
fetlocks Image
.
including feathers Image
.
and to lesser degree tail Image

By adding a 'silvered' coloration.

It has been found in the following:
Bay with/without pangare, dun/zebra markings, metallic, or sooty,
Dilute (bay),
Roan (bay),
Varnish/leopard (bay)
&
Produces a sort of 'flaxen chestnut' (seemingly unrelated to actual chestnut).


Colors/Markings of question:
Black
Actual Chestnut
Brown
Intense Varnish/Leopard
Appaloosa Bronzing
Intense Sooty



Anyway

The PHA

The PHA is designed to help with further breeding of this coloration. I will be offering this 'plume' coloration to the public (around the end of June) so if interested please let me know.

The only 'request' is that if you breed to and/or purchase some 'plume' horses is some help with logging how this color works > either posting horses here or here

Thanks
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Promote a Rare Breed Contest (5,200 Pony Tokens top prize)

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Posts: 3508
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby BlackOak2 » June 17th, 2019, 12:59 pm

Sticking my vote for a purchase of both a mare and a stud when public sales open.

Age indeterminate (doesn't matter, old or young).
Color indeterminate with one exception (not chestnut).
Prefer all expressed points (mane, tail, feathers).

My competition line has a couple champagnes and creams as well as a little tobiano spread out in it, so they should offer some additional pictures in the future. As well as other genes (dun, pangare...etc..).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to some additional information I find helpful and reference often.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links

Gaagii
Premium
Premium
Posts: 209
Joined: May 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby Gaagii » July 8th, 2019, 6:49 am

BlackOak2 wrote:Sticking my vote for a purchase of both a mare and a stud when public sales open.

Age indeterminate (doesn't matter, old or young).
Color indeterminate with one exception (not chestnut).
Prefer all expressed points (mane, tail, feathers).

My competition line has a couple champagnes and creams as well as a little tobiano spread out in it, so they should offer some additional pictures in the future. As well as other genes (dun, pangare...etc..).


http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1995890 & http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1989423
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Promote a Rare Breed Contest (5,200 Pony Tokens top prize)

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Posts: 3508
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby BlackOak2 » July 8th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Gaagii wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Sticking my vote for a purchase of both a mare and a stud when public sales open.

Age indeterminate (doesn't matter, old or young).
Color indeterminate with one exception (not chestnut).
Prefer all expressed points (mane, tail, feathers).

My competition line has a couple champagnes and creams as well as a little tobiano spread out in it, so they should offer some additional pictures in the future. As well as other genes (dun, pangare...etc..).


http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1995890 & http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1989423


Much gratitude!
Looking forward to adding these into the competition lines and designing that roman-harness horse look.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to some additional information I find helpful and reference often.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links

Gaagii
Premium
Premium
Posts: 209
Joined: May 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby Gaagii » July 8th, 2019, 8:28 pm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gaagii wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Sticking my vote for a purchase of both a mare and a stud when public sales open.

Age indeterminate (doesn't matter, old or young).
Color indeterminate with one exception (not chestnut).
Prefer all expressed points (mane, tail, feathers).

My competition line has a couple champagnes and creams as well as a little tobiano spread out in it, so they should offer some additional pictures in the future. As well as other genes (dun, pangare...etc..).


http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1995890 & http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1989423


Much gratitude!
Looking forward to adding these into the competition lines and designing that roman-harness horse look.


Yep you're welcome.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Promote a Rare Breed Contest (5,200 Pony Tokens top prize)

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Posts: 3508
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby BlackOak2 » July 10th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Gaagii wrote:...


Decent breed-out from the mare I purchased. The first foal from the stud, however, didn't pass any plume coloration on (plus a failure in some other areas).

The mare's first child as a newborn:
Image

As a yearling:
Image

Came from a flat bay stud with little (in my opinion no) plume carriage at all.

Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to some additional information I find helpful and reference often.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Posts: 3508
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby BlackOak2 » July 13th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Gaagii wrote:...


Don't know if this is something or not, but this colt didn't show any visible plume... however, now that he's growing up... is it just me, or is his mane and tail quite a bit more red then it should be? Usually bays, or even wild bays, which he is, have black manes and tails... Or am I forgetting something about wild bays?




Is this a possible expression of plume?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to some additional information I find helpful and reference often.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links

Gaagii
Premium
Premium
Posts: 209
Joined: May 21st, 2018, 5:28 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby Gaagii » July 14th, 2019, 7:05 am

BlackOak2 wrote:
Gaagii wrote:...


Don't know if this is something or not, but this colt didn't show any visible plume... however, now that he's growing up... is it just me, or is his mane and tail quite a bit more red then it should be? Usually bays, or even wild bays, which he is, have black manes and tails... Or am I forgetting something about wild bays?




Is this a possible expression of plume?


If it is, I haven't seen it before.
Occasional Purchaser of Upgrades/Pony Tokens (temporarily closed)
Plume Horse Association
ZaRHBR Member, MRA Member

Gaagii (#88314) & Craven (#88478)
Promote a Rare Breed Contest (5,200 Pony Tokens top prize)

Stick
Posts: 119
Joined: May 14th, 2017, 11:16 am
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby Stick » July 29th, 2019, 12:34 am

I'm interested! I'm not a very fast player when it comes to moving through turns, and I'm majorly focusing on other breeding projects over everything else, but I've always been interested in playing more with this gene.

I'd be happy to pick up any strong plumes when they're available, but I'm especially interested in horses that look like this gal that BlackOak2 pointed out to me the other day: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2018731
Is that confirmed plume on chestnut? It looks amazing.

Also, if there will be a place for us to share our own plume studs, I just had a boy grow up and is ready for breeding. Let me know if sharing his link here would be acceptable or not.

And thanks for starting this group! I'm excited to see where it goes. :D

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Posts: 3508
Joined: January 29th, 2016, 7:41 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: The 'Plume' Horse Association

Postby BlackOak2 » August 22nd, 2019, 7:25 pm

Champagne affected by pangare.
Not sure if what I see is a very weak expression of plume, or not. But still worth pinning here for another reference.

Foal image:
Image

Yearling Image:
Image

Horse Now:

Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to some additional information I find helpful and reference often.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links


Return to “Breeding Communities”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Become a Patron!