The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

How-to: Ping | A Guide

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: How to ping and what it does | An in depth guide

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hopefully, Sawd10's explanation was straightforward.

If not:
You ping in general chit chat, in a new topic, OR, create your own topic in general chit chat and handle all of your pings in that one topic.

You can also shift specific pings about sales into the sales forum and studs into the studs forum. But for the most part, the general chit chat forum handles the pinging.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
kotahipster's Wolves
Visit My Farm

Post by kotahipster's Wolves »

Ok thanks guys I'll hopefully figure it out! Thanks Again!
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Bump
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Ashlyne27bu
Visit My Farm

Re: How To Ping And What It Does | An In-Depth Guide

Post by Ashlyne27bu »

Hi! I was wondering if I could buy Unnamed Horse #3036912
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: How-to: Ping | A Guide

Post by Sawd10 »

Redone.
A wise man once said nothing at all.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Sawd10 wrote:...
It appears the other guide you had the horse codes help in. You have since gotten rid of that. Could you update this guide to include the horse code as well?

Nevermind. I found another guide to the horse code.

Thank You!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
RideLikeAGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by RideLikeAGirl »

Sawd10 wrote:
Other Guides Authored by Me:

How-to: Train Fast & Effectively | My Method

In this guide I will be covering how to do the coding to ping a player along with explaining the use itself. I will also go over any other uses.

How to Preform the Ping

Finished product:

Code: Select all

[quote="Player name"]Ping[/quote]
You are free to copy & paste this to use it. Just delete the words 'Player name' (make sure to keep everything else, just delete the words.) and replace them with the player's username.

Step I - Go into full editor & preview mode to learn it the easiest way.
Step II - At the top (directly above the text box) there will be multiple code starters you can click on. For pinging you will click on the code starter titled "Quote". In the text box it will give you a beginning that will look like this when you press "Preview":
Step III - Between the bracket (]) and the 'e' of the first quote put an equal sign (=). It should look like this:
wrote:
Step IV - At the end of the equal sign (=), put a quote ("). After you finish this step it will look like this:[quote="]
Step V - Once you have completed step IV, you will need to type in the username of the person you are notifying at the end of the quote ("). Make sure you spell their username correctly otherwise it will not get through to their messages. For the tutorial, I am going to ping my side account, Sawd10 2. It will look like this [quote="Sawd10 2][/quote]
Step VI - For the second to last step add one of quote (") at the end of the player's username. It will look like this when you press "Preview": (due to unknown reasons I am not able to show it without it quoting the other texts, so it will be in coding. When you are pinging someone it will look different. Very similar to how step I's example looks.)

[quote="Sawd10 2"][/quote]
Step VII - Finally, in between the two middle brackets (][), type a few words to complete the ping. Your message you are sending this player should not be in the middle brackets, it should be completely separate from te ping. Most people just put "Ping" in the middle brackets. This is how a ping should look: (And again, it will be in coding.)

[quote="Sawd10 2"]Ping[/quote]

What Does Pinging Do?

In this game the forums work differently if you wish to grab a player's attention. You must preform a code called a "ping" (learn how to do it above) for them to see it. Otherwise it will never appear in their messages when they log on that you need something from them.
When you correctly ping a player they will get a message leading to the topic you had done so in.[/center][/quote]

Howde

Thankyou Swad10 this was so helpful !!!
Horses are better
Visit My Farm

Post by Horses are better »

Thank you
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:50 pm