Community Forum

Frost’s Guide To Competition Success

Tisha
Visit My Farm

Re: Frost’s Guide To Competition Success

Post by Tisha »

Frost wrote:
Tisha wrote:ping
I updated this with very helpful information.
Thanks for the ping, this was really helpful! <3
JaycenUwU
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by JaycenUwU »

I'd like to add, not sure if it's any good or not, I have a few competing hunter and from what I've seen, they seem to do better under 16hh, some of my best (scoring 53%-55%) have been 12.1-14.3, there was one stud that was awesome, blowing it out of the water, until I forgot to freeze him and he grew a a hand of 2, no idea if that's useful or not
frost wrote:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

JaycenUwU wrote:I'd like to add, not sure if it's any good or not, I have a few competing hunter and from what I've seen, they seem to do better under 16hh, some of my best (scoring 53%-55%) have been 12.1-14.3, there was one stud that was awesome, blowing it out of the water, until I forgot to freeze him and he grew a a hand of 2, no idea if that's useful or not
frost wrote:
Good to know! Not sure if Frost still plays but I'll fix your ping below.
Frost wrote:-
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

Frost wrote:Saddleseat:
Height: 15h
Type: Horse-Light
Weight: Mod-Thin
Temperament: High Strung
Body Size: 15%
Type: 80%
HGP: 63k+
Balance: 57
Agility: 42
Movement: 40
Intelligence: N/A (High BR Comment)
I have recently seen than the weight of Moderate does better on a very *VERY* similar horse (same line, same genetics, etc.) with the weight of Moderately Thin.

Just putting that out there in-case you may like to update it :) .
UniqueFarms
High HGP Endurance Arabians
Sells Trained Grinders
Great 5* Studs
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

UniqueFarms wrote:
I have recently seen than the weight of Moderate does better on a very *VERY* similar horse (same line, same genetics, etc.) with the weight of Moderately Thin.

Just putting that out there in-case you may like to update it :) .

Have you tested that same horse at Mod Thin? Comparisons between horses are unreliable at best due to factors that we can't see.

For reference, all of my horses from my saddleseat line (~200) have performed best at mod thin when comparing their own scores at different weights.
UniqueFarms
Visit My Farm

Post by UniqueFarms »

Silverine wrote:Have you tested that same horse at Mod Thin? Comparisons between horses are unreliable at best due to factors that we can't see.

For reference, all of my horses from my saddleseat line (~200) have performed best at mod thin when comparing their own scores at different weights.
Yes, I have. I still had the same results as I imagined. Moderate worked better for my horse. Maybe it is just the breed of the horse, but I'm not 100% sure.
Become a Patron!