Forum Rules

Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Forum Rules

Post by Tom »

BlackOak2 wrote: ...
Heads up I have added rule 0. This one is important so spread it around. ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tom wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: ...
Heads up I have added rule 0. This one is important so spread it around. ;)
I will start the spread. :mrgreen:

Question, are emails posted in the sales and studs ads at the same sort of risk? And also, emails posted on farm pages, are they also at risk?
We've been trying to look after sale and stud ads with the same 'don't do it' as the forums, however, the farm pages, it's only 'suggested' not to do so.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Really email addresses shouldn't be posted anywhere that people can see them. They are harder to manage though.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Understood.
Thank you. :)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I'm adding to/clarifying the "Rule #2: Acceptable Content" part. Please do not post anything that contains anything graphic (includes words, descriptions, images, etc.) and/or violence. We have players that are younger than 13 and even if they can't post on the forums, they still can see everything that we post. Even people who don't have an account can still see everything we post on the forums. If Tom asks you to stop posting such things, please listen to him and stop posting it.
ambreona24bu
Visit My Farm

Post by ambreona24bu »

Tom wrote:Hello everyone! This is the new official Forum Rules thread!

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to see the rules, and what to do when you feel someone is breaking the rules. We can also discuss things you feel as a community should be rules.

Rule #0: Don't Post Your Email Address
I shouldn't have to tell you this, but do not post your email address on the open forums. People who aren't logged into HWO can see the forum and bots troll the internet for email addresses. Just don't do it.
If you use your school email address and you post it I will disable your ability to post on the forums outright. I don't care how old you are, it's not a safe thing to do.
If you see an email address posted let the poster know and let me know so I can remove it.

Rule #1: Be Civil.
This is the most important rule. Most other problems can be solved if everyone would treat each other with respect and try to diffuse situations rather than resorting to name calling etc.

Rule #2: Acceptable Content.
Standard etiquette rules apply here, the way they would anywhere else children are present. I'm not going to list everything that is forbidden from the forums, but if you wouldn't post it for children to read or show it to your mother it doesn't belong here. No you can't get around this rule if your mother has a foul mouth. I am the final judge here and if I don't like something I'll change it and possibly remove your ability to post on the forums.

No swearing, explicit images, gambling, selling timeshares, etc.

I'd just like to say we've had pretty good track record of this so far so keep up the good work! :)

What to do if someone is breaking the rules.
You can get my attention by pinging me, using the quote feature of the forum. This sends a notification to me and I will address it as soon as I can.
You can send me a PM. People with upgraded accounts can send private messages. Feel free to message me for urgent matters or to ask a question. This will send an email to me and I will see it right away.
Use the Help Me button at the bottom of the page. This button gets a ton of traffic, most of it is spam, and so it's the slowest way to get help with a forum problem. It's still good though.

General Game play Rules.
As far as selling horses goes, if the game lets you do it then it's okay to do. If you put a horse for sale and someone buys it, they own it and can do whatever they want with it. That's what selling is, the horse doesn't belong to you anymore. However, a lot of players like to move horses around, and sell them to people so they can train them with the understanding that the horse will be trained and sold back. This isn't forbidden or endorsed and I can't really help you if things go poorly. I do ask that people training do their best to uphold any agreements made. If you make a habit of taking people's horses under false pretenses no one will like you and you will have a bad time.

Accounts and Competitions.
If you have more than one account please do not use them to get around competition entry limits. If a competition allows one horse, then only enter one horse. Thank you.

Harassment.
Don't. Don't call people names or threaten people etc. Don't go around spreading rumors or gossip. This isn't a dating site so don't be doing that here either.

Things that are not harassment.
If someone has a horse that you put up for sale by accident or similar you may make a thread politely asking for the horse back. No drama, no threats, no name calling. Just a simple explanation and a request to buy back the horse. You may ping the user to get their attention. They do not have to sell the horse back. As far as the game is concerned the horse is sold and it belongs to them now. I will help where I can but I'm not going into the database and moving horses around. Some people who play are children who aren't allowed to post on the forums, some people don't speak English, or maybe they just don't understand and don't want to post. That's fine. Move on, breed another horse.

Listing "bad faith" trainers. If someone has a habit of claiming to be a trainer and not giving horses back it is okay to share this information. Again, no drama, no threats and no name calling. A simple explanation of your agreement and how they failed to live up to this agreement is all that is necessary. Just like leaving a review of a real life trainer on whatever horse-yelp is.

The End.
That's it! If you feel I've missed something please feel free to add your feedback in this thread.

Remember: It's always okay to contact me to ask for help, and don't be afraid of the rules. I'm a real human being and will work with everyone to resolve whatever problems we may be having. This is a great community with wonderful people willing to work together to maintain a friendly environment to play the game in. Keep up the good work. :)
Ik this is going to sound dumb but how do I create my own forum/post
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Use the new topic button. ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tom wrote:
This isn't allowed. Vaccines are a medical marvel and have saved countless millions from suffering since they have been introduced. Anti-vaccination misinformation will not be tolerated here.
Linking this little quote here, so it's not lost again. :)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
SoraAiko
Visit My Farm

Post by SoraAiko »

didnt find any answer
can i bump my post on forums?
For the Love of My Sora RIP
And for my littels Luna Gali and Aiko
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

Tom wrote:Hello everyone! This is the new official Forum Rules thread!

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to see the rules, and what to do when you feel someone is breaking the rules. We can also discuss things you feel as a community should be rules.

Rule #0: Don't Post Your Email Address
I shouldn't have to tell you this, but do not post your email address on the open forums. People who aren't logged into HWO can see the forum and bots troll the internet for email addresses. Just don't do it.
If you use your school email address and you post it I will disable your ability to post on the forums outright. I don't care how old you are, it's not a safe thing to do.
If you see an email address posted let the poster know and let me know so I can remove it.

Rule #1: Be Civil.
This is the most important rule. Most other problems can be solved if everyone would treat each other with respect and try to diffuse situations rather than resorting to name calling etc.

Rule #2: Acceptable Content.
Standard etiquette rules apply here, the way they would anywhere else children are present. I'm not going to list everything that is forbidden from the forums, but if you wouldn't post it for children to read or show it to your mother it doesn't belong here. No you can't get around this rule if your mother has a foul mouth. I am the final judge here and if I don't like something I'll change it and possibly remove your ability to post on the forums.

No swearing, explicit images, gambling, selling timeshares, etc.

I'd just like to say we've had pretty good track record of this so far so keep up the good work! :)

What to do if someone is breaking the rules.
You can get my attention by pinging me, using the quote feature of the forum. This sends a notification to me and I will address it as soon as I can.
You can send me a PM. People with upgraded accounts can send private messages. Feel free to message me for urgent matters or to ask a question. This will send an email to me and I will see it right away.
Use the Help Me button at the bottom of the page. This button gets a ton of traffic, most of it is spam, and so it's the slowest way to get help with a forum problem. It's still good though.

General Game play Rules.
As far as selling horses goes, if the game lets you do it then it's okay to do. If you put a horse for sale and someone buys it, they own it and can do whatever they want with it. That's what selling is, the horse doesn't belong to you anymore. However, a lot of players like to move horses around, and sell them to people so they can train them with the understanding that the horse will be trained and sold back. This isn't forbidden or endorsed and I can't really help you if things go poorly. I do ask that people training do their best to uphold any agreements made. If you make a habit of taking people's horses under false pretenses no one will like you and you will have a bad time.

Accounts and Competitions.
If you have more than one account please do not use them to get around competition entry limits. If a competition allows one horse, then only enter one horse. Thank you.

Harassment.
Don't. Don't call people names or threaten people etc. Don't go around spreading rumors or gossip. This isn't a dating site so don't be doing that here either.

Things that are not harassment.
If someone has a horse that you put up for sale by accident or similar you may make a thread politely asking for the horse back. No drama, no threats, no name calling. Just a simple explanation and a request to buy back the horse. You may ping the user to get their attention. They do not have to sell the horse back. As far as the game is concerned the horse is sold and it belongs to them now. I will help where I can but I'm not going into the database and moving horses around. Some people who play are children who aren't allowed to post on the forums, some people don't speak English, or maybe they just don't understand and don't want to post. That's fine. Move on, breed another horse.

Listing "bad faith" trainers. If someone has a habit of claiming to be a trainer and not giving horses back it is okay to share this information. Again, no drama, no threats and no name calling. A simple explanation of your agreement and how they failed to live up to this agreement is all that is necessary. Just like leaving a review of a real life trainer on whatever horse-yelp is.

The End.
That's it! If you feel I've missed something please feel free to add your feedback in this thread.

Remember: It's always okay to contact me to ask for help, and don't be afraid of the rules. I'm a real human being and will work with everyone to resolve whatever problems we may be having. This is a great community with wonderful people willing to work together to maintain a friendly environment to play the game in. Keep up the good work. :)
Would you consider my farm name an email address? as far as im concerned its not because i dont know an email like that. its just the farm of my farm cause i like it, but if i have to ill change it.
Become a Patron!