The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Training Your First Horse

Red Cheetah
Visit My Farm

Re: Training Your First Horse

Post by Red Cheetah »

Valentina D'Angelo wrote:hello again,
so, how can I earn pony tokens? I just spent a whole bunch of them, and need more!
thanks
Having a good grinder can earn PT (pony tokens) very quickly. A grinder is a fully trained horse that is entered into local shows to earn money, turns, and PT. The most common grinders are fully trained Arabians which are entered into Endurance local shows level 5 and up, and many times the "rewards" from the local shows level 5 and up are PT and extra turns. If you don't have a grinder I am willing to give you one that's already fully trained. Just let me know.
Valentina D'Angelo
Visit My Farm

Post by Valentina D'Angelo »

that would be very nice if you could give me a grinder... depends on how much money... because I don't have a lot! :lol:
thanks for answering my question!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Valentina D'Angelo wrote:that would be very nice if you could give me a grinder... depends on how much money... because I don't have a lot! :lol:
thanks for answering my question!
It appears conletra83 is handling a grinder for you, and also answered your question, so I'll tackle the previous one.

To open your own topic... first choose the appropriate forum.
Enter the community then enter the forum.
Find the appropriate forum topic (gameplay questions go into the knowldege and guides heading then into the Gameplay Questions & Help forum).

At the top of this page, after you enter the questions forum, is a button highlighted in pink/red font that reads 'New Topic'.
Click on that and it will take you to the full editor and preview page. Give your topic a heading "seeking help with breeding" or something (subject bar), fill out your problem in the big white box beneath, check your work with the preview button (very useful if you're entering codes), then 'submit'.

After 5 approved posts by admin, your topics and replies will post immediately for the rest of us to see and attempt to support or help.

There's a topic in my Quick-Links signature that covers basic coding that's useful on the forums. That's IF you get stuck.

By the way, you can also purchase PT with real money on HWO. So you have two separate ways to gain PT back. The purchasable link is found in the store drop-down menu.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
red.ink0
Visit My Farm

Post by red.ink0 »

Thanks
GoldRush0000000000
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldRush0000000000 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
WildestDream890 wrote:Hello,
I had a question...
Should you change the type of training like the difficulty such as Walking, Trot. etc. for each different horse.
so i have bred good Barrel Racers and good Endurance horses so is there a certain thing i should train each horse or just try make the stats full.
I apologize if that didn't make much sense I am unsure on how to word what I'm trying to find out
You'll want to balance fatigue against training. The more fatigue you have, the less effective training is. And it gets pretty large pretty fast. Anything over 20% fatigue is not improving your horse's training by much and you're wasting a lot of valuable time.

Watch your estimated training amounts as your horse's fatigue climbs, then look at it again after you use a day. You'll see the differences.

You appear to understand the basics already, or at least you did some research already.
The key is your stamina. The further you train your stamina on the horse, the quicker training and less fatigue you'll get when training the other stats. So use what you know to hone your skill balancing fatigue against speed of training.

As for training for certain disciplines, that's certainly something you can do. If a horse is specialized in a specific area, then you will only need to train up in those stats that are evaluated in that competition. For Barrel Racing, your stats are: Agility Speed Strength Balance, so as long as those stats are trained up, the other stats (stamina, movement, intelligence, tempo), don't need to be bothered with. Of course, by training stamina, you will boost the speed of training the other stats.

Did I loose you? Or are you good to go? :mrgreen:
What happens if my horses fatigue reachs 99% or higher?
WildestDream890
Visit My Farm

Post by WildestDream890 »

GoldRush0000000000 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
You'll want to balance fatigue against training. The more fatigue you have, the less effective training is. And it gets pretty large pretty fast. Anything over 20% fatigue is not improving your horse's training by much and you're wasting a lot of valuable time.

Watch your estimated training amounts as your horse's fatigue climbs, then look at it again after you use a day. You'll see the differences.

You appear to understand the basics already, or at least you did some research already.
The key is your stamina. The further you train your stamina on the horse, the quicker training and less fatigue you'll get when training the other stats. So use what you know to hone your skill balancing fatigue against speed of training.

As for training for certain disciplines, that's certainly something you can do. If a horse is specialized in a specific area, then you will only need to train up in those stats that are evaluated in that competition. For Barrel Racing, your stats are: Agility Speed Strength Balance, so as long as those stats are trained up, the other stats (stamina, movement, intelligence, tempo), don't need to be bothered with. Of course, by training stamina, you will boost the speed of training the other stats.

Did I loose you? Or are you good to go? :mrgreen:

Thank you for that! I understand basics but I just wanted to understand a bit more and you certainly help so thank you very much :D
Have a good day and thank you again for taking the time to write all that it is much appreciated :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

GoldRush0000000000 wrote:
Somewhere between 30% and 50% fatigue (I did see it at some point, but don't exactly remember where) your horse will simply no longer gain any stat.

So all the way up to 100% fatigue from that point, you'll just be training a horse and doing absolutely nothing for it. Then it'll take multiple turns to get it back down to a trainable fatigue level.

As for any injuries or other things, the game isn't yet set up for that. At some point, such things may be added, but now, it'll just be a waste of time and not an injury risk (or worse). :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WildestDream890 wrote:

Thank you for that! I understand basics but I just wanted to understand a bit more and you certainly help so thank you very much :D
Have a good day and thank you again for taking the time to write all that it is much appreciated :)
You're welcome. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Jonny22
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Jonny22 »

This was helpful thank you!
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

RuneSnap wrote:
When I train my horses sometimes they don't receive any stats improvements but the energy is used and fatigue goes high. Or I train my horse say on Hills, Gallop and 30 Minutes on lunge over cavelleti and only stamina and itellignec improve noting else.
High fatigue greatly diminishes the benefits of training. If your fatigue is around 40 or 50% when you train, I'm not surprised you're getting almost nothing out of it. The common knowledge (as far as I've seen) is that if fatigue is 30% or lower, you're good to go. Anything higher than that is pretty much pointless, and it's time better spent on less fatigued horses.

Just did a quick test on that training regiment you mention, and horse fatigue went up 68%. My horse's fatigue started at 16% and he got improvement in everything but tempo.
Wow, isn't that fatigue percent pretty high? When I train my horses they never get past 3% fatigue. I guess we all have different training methods!
Also if you go to Player, then Skills, then Training, you can take lessons on Energy Saver and other Training assets.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm