The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Training Your First Horse

D.M Boarding
Visit My Farm

Re: Training Your First Horse

Post by D.M Boarding »

Thundermare wrote:How can I level up my stamina quickly? It's way too slow to come up and it's frustrating me to no end since there aren't a lot of stamina exercises.
To get my stamina up I do 30min Collection & Impulsion until maxed out. Also with higher training stats you can do it faster
Thundermare
Visit My Farm

Post by Thundermare »

D.M Boarding wrote:
Thundermare wrote:How can I level up my stamina quickly? It's way too slow to come up and it's frustrating me to no end since there aren't a lot of stamina exercises.
To get my stamina up I do 30min Collection & Impulsion until maxed out. Also with higher training stats you can do it faster
I'd forgotten I'd even posted that :lol:
Thanks for your help, though. I've been training horses on my other account and I'm sure this will help me get it done faster :)
D.M Boarding
Visit My Farm

Post by D.M Boarding »

Thundermare wrote:
D.M Boarding wrote: To get my stamina up I do 30min Collection & Impulsion until maxed out. Also with higher training stats you can do it faster
I'd forgotten I'd even posted that :lol:
Thanks for your help, though. I've been training horses on my other account and I'm sure this will help me get it done faster :)
All good :D
WildestDream890
Visit My Farm

Post by WildestDream890 »

Hello,
I had a question...
Should you change the type of training like the difficulty such as Walking, Trot. etc. for each different horse.
so i have bred good Barrel Racers and good Endurance horses so is there a certain thing i should train each horse or just try make the stats full.
I apologize if that didn't make much sense I am unsure on how to word what I'm trying to find out
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

WildestDream890 wrote:Hello,
I had a question...
Should you change the type of training like the difficulty such as Walking, Trot. etc. for each different horse.
so i have bred good Barrel Racers and good Endurance horses so is there a certain thing i should train each horse or just try make the stats full.
I apologize if that didn't make much sense I am unsure on how to word what I'm trying to find out
You'll want to balance fatigue against training. The more fatigue you have, the less effective training is. And it gets pretty large pretty fast. Anything over 20% fatigue is not improving your horse's training by much and you're wasting a lot of valuable time.

Watch your estimated training amounts as your horse's fatigue climbs, then look at it again after you use a day. You'll see the differences.

You appear to understand the basics already, or at least you did some research already.
The key is your stamina. The further you train your stamina on the horse, the quicker training and less fatigue you'll get when training the other stats. So use what you know to hone your skill balancing fatigue against speed of training.

As for training for certain disciplines, that's certainly something you can do. If a horse is specialized in a specific area, then you will only need to train up in those stats that are evaluated in that competition. For Barrel Racing, your stats are: Agility Speed Strength Balance, so as long as those stats are trained up, the other stats (stamina, movement, intelligence, tempo), don't need to be bothered with. Of course, by training stamina, you will boost the speed of training the other stats.

Did I loose you? Or are you good to go? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
WildestDream890
Visit My Farm

Post by WildestDream890 »

Thank you so much I really appreciate you spending all that time typing that, it really helped me a lot so yet again thank you :)
Valentina D'Angelo
Visit My Farm

Post by Valentina D'Angelo »

hello,
I am new on the game, and I have a few questions.
so, how do I know what my horse "specializes" in?
and, what age can I start breeding at, and when is a good time to start?
should I only breed when my horse has good training?
thanks!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Valentina D'Angelo wrote:hello,
I am new on the game, and I have a few questions.
so, how do I know what my horse "specializes" in?
and, what age can I start breeding at, and when is a good time to start?
should I only breed when my horse has good training?
thanks!
Welcome to the game!
To get a handle on the game more, feel free to also cruise my Quick-Links in my signature, it will help you along as well.

To know and understand what your horse might specialize in, is a little bit of guesswork, a little bit of trial-and-error, and a little bit of research.
Take a look also at the following link. By using that, you can narrow down what your horse might be talented in. However, on this game, a horse's talents may also still be hidden deeper than that. By testing them in local shows and in player-made competitions, we can also get a feeling of where the horse may excel.
http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... =12&t=1235

Training will increase your horse's overall performance. If you're specializing your horse, or creating a specialized bloodline, you only need to train up your horse in the four (in some cases three) stats that affect that specific competition type. The other unnamed stats don't affect your horse's performance in that competition at all.

For breeding ages, 4 for mares, 3 for stallions.

Training only affects the competitions a horse competes in. This is not like Howrse where a fully-trained and competed horse affects the foal outcome. On HWO, the horse contains all the genetic data already at birth to pass on to the next generations. It comes down to appropriate breeding by the owner and good matches that help to determine the outcome of our work. By competing our horses, we can get a fuller picture of where we are in our projects, IF competition is the way we want to go. There are many ways to succeed on HWO, you must decide which way you want to go.

Any other questions... please note that the help, questions forum and creating your own topic is a more appropriate option. :mrgreen:
We'll of course, help where we can!
Please enjoy the game. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Valentina D'Angelo
Visit My Farm

OK, thanks so much!
I do play howrse, so I was confused if it was like on howrse :)
also, sorry another question, how do I create my own topic? I was going to do that, but didn't know how!
thanks
Valentina D'Angelo
Visit My Farm

hello again,
so, how can I earn pony tokens? I just spent a whole bunch of them, and need more!
thanks
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 am