The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What Comps To Enter: A Few Tips

Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

What Comps To Enter: A Few Tips

Post by Soaring Hooves »

So, some people, new or not new, might be wondering what comps to enter their horses in. I'm going to try to help you all!
Is a high entry fee worse?
Not necessarily. You can judge the minimum amount that you'll actually be competing for by:
1. Splitting the entry fee in half
2. Multiplying that half of the entry fee by 5
3. Adding that multiplied entry fee to the purse
And then you have the minimum amount that you'll actually be competing for! Sometimes, the higher entry fee will improve the money you win, and other times it couldn't. Just do the simple math to find out ;)
What discipline is best for my horse?
Well, in my opinion, you need to look at the good stats on the Breeder's Report(BR) and then look at this: Competition Name Stats Evaluated

Barrel Racing: Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance

Cross Country: Stamina, Strength, Agility, Balance

Cutting: Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed

Dressage: Movement, Balance, Tempo, Strength

Driven Dressage: Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo

Endurance: Stamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo

Harness Racing: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo

Hunter: Movement, Strength, Tempo, Balance

In-Hand Jumping: Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina

Log Pull: Strength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo

Marathon Driving: Strength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence

Obstacle Driving: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Balance

Pole Bending: Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance

Racing: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed

Reining: Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance

Saddleseat: Balance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence

Show Jumping: Balance, Strength, Agility, Speed

Sprint Racing: Speed, Strength, Agility, Speed

Steeplechasing: Speed, Agility, Strength, Stamina

Western Pleasure: Intelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo

Western Trail: Agility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina

Working Ranch: Intelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength

I think that your horse should have at least 3 of the listed stats for the discipline you're entering them in, and if they don't have any highlighted stats, then see what the Breeder's report says. For example, if you're trying to enter a horse in Log Pull, you wouldn't want the Breeder's Repot to say 'this stallion/mare cannot even pull an empty cart!'
How Do I Make My Horses Better?
Well, for that you'll definitely want to have them fully trained. You'll also need it to have good stats. In order to make your horses the best of the best, like FameDaLupa's Rhaego, you'll have to breed your best horses a bunch until they've made that super awesome horse! For example: if my two best horses are Seven Plagues and Frozen Heartbeat, then I'd want to breed them together until I got a foal that was better than them. Then I'd, if it was a filly, find a really good stud or one of my horses that was really good, and breed that horse with the filly until I got another great foal. If it was a colt, I'd find a good mare of mine or one off of the market. Once I'd done this enough times, I would probably come out with an amazing foal that, if trained, could be awesome. This is what I think for that question, but more experienced breeders feel free to correct me!
A Few Random Tips That Might Help:
1. If you pause a course, you can begin another(This took me waay too long to figure out :lol: :oops:
2. A lot of people are really experienced and in my opinion, BlackOak2 is the best person to ask for advice
3. This link has a lot of information that will be helpful
4. If you want a really easy way to make money without spending much of it, click on 'Community'→ 'Forum'→ 'Contests' and then you'll find a great assortment of competitions to enter.
5. In my opinion, it's a good idea to do champing for other people once you have the money: it's easy and people like it. Once you can champ, you'll be able to champ any trained horses you have and, if you want, sell them for a good profit.
6. FYI, I have a bunch of things on my farm page that can help you out ;)
I hoped this helped with a few things!
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Re: What Comps To Enter: A Few Tips

Post by Soaring Hooves »

Quick Champing Method
Hi, community! I have decided to tell everyone how I do quick champing. My way may not be the best but it is fast so I thought you guys might like to know!
How To Quick Champ
Basically, I just host a competition and enter EVERY SINGLE ONE of my horses in it. That simple. If you don't have the skills to host the right type of competition, then just find one that is already hosted! I champed this horse: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2496476
in less than 1 hour. He is not quite done yet, but he got SUPER far along using this! WARNING: this will quickly "Level Out" your horses so that they can only enter Level 10 comps, so beware! It can also work using only untrained horses, though this would be far less effective.
Remember: feel free to ask me any questions about this guide if you don't understand! I may have missed out on something!
"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:11 pm