The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Really Helpful info!

CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

Really Helpful info!

Post by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST »

READ
Just so you know NONE of the info put here was created by me! I found them on different peoples farms and put them all on here so I didn't have to have it on my farm page!
*Temperaments*
high Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:
Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Barrel Racing Agility, Speed, Strength, Balance
Cross Country Stamina, Strength, Agility, Balance
Cutting Agility, Intelligence, Strength, Speed
Dressage Movement, Balance, Tempo, Strength
Driven Dressage Movement, Balance, Strength, Tempo
Endurance Stamina, Speed, Agility, Tempo
Harness Racing Speed, Stamina, Strength, Tempo
Hunter Movement, Strength, Tempo, Balance
In-Hand Jumping Intelligence, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Log Pull Strength, Stamina, Movement, Tempo
Marathon Driving Strength, Stamina, Tempo, Intelligence
Obstacle Driving Strength, Agility, Stamina, Balance
Pole Bending Speed, Agility, Intelligence, Balance
Racing Speed, Stamina, Strength, Speed
Reining Agility, Strength, Movement, Balance
Saddleseat Balance, Agility, Movement, Intelligence
Show Jumping Balance, Strength, Agility, Speed
Sprint Racing Speed, Strength, Agility, Speed
Steeplechasing Speed, Agility, Strength, Stamina
Western Pleasure Intelligence, Balance, Movement, Tempo
Western Trail Agility, Balance, Intelligence, Stamina
Working Ranch Intelligence, Agility, Balance, Strength

Training

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility.

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.
-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles
A horse can earn a title for every discipline, but only the highest title is displayed on their profile and throughout the website. This is proof that your horse really is a great competitor.
You can earn the following titles once your horse reaches the minimum points for each title. (Titles are awarded after a competition runs and must be earned in order).

Champion (Ch.) - 200 points
Grand Champion (GCh.) - 700
Master Champion (MCh.) - 1500
Master Grand Champion (MGCh.) - 3000
Supreme Champion (SCh.) - 4900
Supreme Grand Champion (SGCh.) - 7300
Supreme Master Grand Champion (SMGCh.) - 10,000

In Addition, you can earn a Triple title if your horse has their highest title in 3 events that make up a combined training group. (Example: Winning Ch. in Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross-Country would earn you the Triple Champion (TCh.) title)

A plus sign (+) following a title means the horse has two titles, and two pluses after the title means the horse has 3 or more titles.

RH at the end of the prefix indicates the horse has set a current unbroken World Record, and Rh (lowercase h) means the horse held a World Record but it has been beaten by another horse.
-Tom

Quick Start Training Courses
* The fastest way to take down the number of years it takes to complete horse training is to focus on a few key training course areas.

In what I feel to be the order of importance:

1. Energy Saver Courses:
The less energy your horse uses per turn, the more it will be able to train once its stamina is sufficiently high. When you've completed all the energy saver courses, a horse with max stamina will take only 5% energy to complete most techniques. That's a maximum of 20 thirty minute sessions of whatever per turn!

2. Stamina Training Courses:
One thing that determines how much energy a particular action will take is Stamina! In the beginning, your horse may only be able to do 10-20 minutes at a Walk in the Arena while Longing on the Flat. But if you keep at it, eventually, your horse will be able to do practically anything! And the stamina training courses will allow your stamina to go up even faster!

3. Training Techniques/Advanced Training:
These are the courses that affect all stats a little bit . The reason these are more important than any other other courses that you can do is that once you've finished the energy saver and stamina courses, these are the only other courses you can do that will continue to affect stamina! So you'll hit max stamina even faster still, and maxing stamina means minimizing energy!

4. Fast Courses Not Already Completed:
When I say fast courses, I mean any course that will take you under an hour . You may have already done some of these or you may not have. Just take an afternoon and set a course while you're making dinner or something, note the time, and come back and start another one as soon as it is finished. Just make sure if you're going to bed to start a really long course, so you're not wasting time.

5. Movement Courses:
With the way I train horses, and subsequently the training method listed, movement is the stat that ends up being the hardest to train after stamina. Hence, movement courses!

6. All Other Courses:
After everything listed has been completed, you can choose what you want to focus on. It may be a specific discipline's stats or it may be something that takes you longer than others to train. I usually just picked a couple and completed all the shorter ones, 6 hours or less during the day, and left everything else to work overnight or while I went to work/school.
Kayaine
Last edited by CRUNCHY IS THE BEST on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: Really Helpful info!

Post by Emlyn »

CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote:
READ
Just so you know NONE of the info put here was created by me! I found them on different peoples farms and put them all on here so I didn't have to have it on my farm page!
*Temperaments*

High Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:

Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Training

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility.

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.
-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles
A horse can earn a title for every discipline, but only the highest title is displayed on their profile and throughout the website. This is proof that your horse really is a great competitor.
You can earn the following titles once your horse reaches the minimum points for each title. (Titles are awarded after a competition runs and must be earned in order).

In Addition, you can earn a Triple title if your horse has their highest title in 3 events that make up a combined training group. (Example: Winning Ch. in Dressage, Show Jumping and Cross-Country would earn you the Triple Champion (TCh.) title)

A plus sign (+) following a title means the horse has two titles, and two pluses after the title means the horse has 3 or more titles.

RH at the end of the prefix indicates the horse has set a current unbroken World Record, and Rh (lowercase h) means the horse held a World Record but it has been beaten by another horse.
-Tom

* The fastest way to take down the number of years it takes to complete horse training is to focus on a few key training course areas.

1. Energy Saver Courses:
The less energy your horse uses per turn, the more it will be able to train once its stamina is sufficiently high. When you've completed all the energy saver courses, a horse with max stamina will take only 5% energy to complete most techniques. That's a maximum of 20 thirty minute sessions of whatever per turn!

One thing that determines how much energy a particular action will take is Stamina! In the beginning, your horse may only be able to do 10-20 minutes at a Walk in the Arena while Longing on the Flat. But if you keep at it, eventually, your horse will be able to do practically anything! And the stamina training courses will allow your stamina to go up even faster!

These are the courses that affect all stats a little bit . The reason these are more important than any other other courses that you can do is that once you've finished the energy saver and stamina courses, these are the only other courses you can do that will continue to affect stamina! So you'll hit max stamina even faster still, and maxing stamina means minimizing energy!

When I say fast courses, I mean any course that will take you under an hour . You may have already done some of these or you may not have. Just take an afternoon and set a course while you're making dinner or something, note the time, and come back and start another one as soon as it is finished. Just make sure if you're going to bed to start a really long course, so you're not wasting time.

5. Movement Courses:
With the way I train horses, and subsequently the training method listed, movement is the stat that ends up being the hardest to train after stamina. Hence, movement courses!

6. All Other Courses:
After everything listed has been completed, you can choose what you want to focus on. It may be a specific discipline's stats or it may be something that takes you longer than others to train. I usually just picked a couple and completed all the shorter ones, 6 hours or less during the day, and left everything else to work overnight or while I went to work/school.
Kayaine
Thanks, Im going to use this 24/7! ;)
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

Emlyn wrote:
READ
*Temperaments*

High Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:

Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Training

-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles

-Tom

1. Energy Saver Courses:

5. Movement Courses:

6. All Other Courses:
Kayaine
lol! Oh and don't use the temperament one yet because I think I copied it wrong! :lol:
But everything else is fine!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Emlyn wrote:
lol! Oh and don't use the temperament one yet because I think I copied it wrong! :lol:
Ok, :lol: I did that with a link once on my farm page i still havent changed it! :lol:
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

Emlyn wrote:
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST wrote: lol! Oh and don't use the temperament one yet because I think I copied it wrong! :lol:
Ok, :lol: I did that with a link once on my farm page i still havent changed it! :lol:
lol! :lol:
ExRaceHorseChamp
Visit My Farm

Post by ExRaceHorseChamp »

READ
*Temperaments* (Don't use yet) Not correct!

High Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:

Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Training

-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles

-Tom

1. Energy Saver Courses:

5. Movement Courses:

6. All Other Courses:
Kayaine
I'm copping & pasting this to my farm page so i cam remember things
CRUNCHY IS THE BEST
Visit My Farm

ExRaceHorseChamp wrote:
READ
*Temperaments* (Don't use yet) Not correct!

High Strung:
Racing
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Harness Racing

Spirited:
Pole Bending
Barrel Racing
Driven Dressage

Even:

Cutting
Hunter
Show Jumping
Reining
Cross Country
Obstacle Driving
Marathon Driving

Calm:
Working Ranch
Dressage
Saddle seat

Bombproof:
Log Pull
Western Pleasure
Western Trail
Endurance

Training

-Sawd10 (I think)

Earning Titles

-Tom

1. Energy Saver Courses:

5. Movement Courses:

6. All Other Courses:
Kayaine
I'm copping & pasting this to my farm page so i cam remember things
lol!
Just to remember the temperments are NOT accurate right now!
(I just copy & paste the -link!) It's eaisier!
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

This info is SO useful! Love it!
Thank you for gathering it all in one place!
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

BlackOak2 wrote:I think you should add this to your quick links. Its really useful.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

RoseeDelight wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:I think you should add this to your quick links. Its really useful.
I have added it as a secondary linked topic for this information, here's the full name:
Competition Information - all in one place & also A Secondary Topic for all of this
Found under the section: Very Useful Information or Topics I Reference Regularly
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:05 pm

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:05 pm