The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

All About The Grinder Horse

Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Re: All About The Grinder Horse

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:

Just how have I not seen this already?? fantastic, thankyou BlackOak!

Lot of work went into that.. all those turns and mathamatics... very helpful, and a great reference point for newbies and oldies alike...

quietly goes and checks the records... yessss I have an exceptional grinder :o :shock: :lol:
at Level 20 - over exactly 15 years
$262,324 earned (+plus what was used on entry fees)
169 PT (plus days)
45,697 experience.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Just how have I not seen this already?? fantastic, thankyou BlackOak!

Lot of work went into that.. all those turns and mathamatics... very helpful, and a great reference point for newbies and oldies alike...

quietly goes and checks the records... yessss I have an exceptional grinder :o :shock: :lol:
at Level 20 - over exactly 15 years
$262,324 earned (+plus what was used on entry fees)
169 PT (plus days)
45,697 experience.
:D
Actually, after speaking about grinders for... years... I was surprised that we didn't have a dedicated grinder topic. A lot of grinder explanations all over the place, but not one that went into it.

Took a lot of time to write though. -_- Just as long for the research, hunting down and pulling up all those previous snippets and making sure they're covered.
After doing the math, even I was surprised on just how much an average grinder would earn. And I shorted the career quite a bit. I figured, firstly (and in previous answers) that an average grinder would earn a replacement and just about it. But after the math, even an average grinder will pay for it's replacement and full training, with enough left over for extras. So... :mrgreen: No more excuses for grinders... with the sole exception of those that just do nothing [poor grinders] and of course, returnees and newbies.

And this was only written recently, so, quite easy to overlook for awhile until you get through the forums. ;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Took a lot of time to write though. -_- Just as long for the research, hunting down and pulling up all those previous snippets and making sure they're covered.
After doing the math, even I was surprised on just how much an average grinder would earn. And I shorted the career quite a bit. I figured, firstly (and in previous answers) that an average grinder would earn a replacement and just about it. But after the math, even an average grinder will pay for it's replacement and full training, with enough left over for extras. So... :mrgreen: No more excuses for grinders... with the sole exception of those that just do nothing [poor grinders] and of course, returnees and newbies.

And this was only written recently, so, quite easy to overlook for awhile until you get through the forums. ;)
It would have taken ages.. but its going to be so so very useful

So good to see the math's though, I'm personally quite an analytical person so love numbers :roll: :lol:
I have done calculations myself on grinders, to justify/calculate what they are worth how much i should sell them for and so on - but only generally done it over 10 years for $, and even shorter spans for pt and days. (and never recorded it concisely.

the shorter calculations are ideal, because we dont want it to be based on something that is working 100% while doing nothing else - that's not the point of the game.

some of us grinder sellers may have a fingers crossed that this will increase their value marginally too ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

It would have taken ages.. but its going to be so so very useful

So good to see the math's though, I'm personally quite an analytical person so love numbers :roll: :lol:
I have done calculations myself on grinders, to justify/calculate what they are worth how much i should sell them for and so on - but only generally done it over 10 years for $, and even shorter spans for pt and days. (and never recorded it concisely.

the shorter calculations are ideal, because we dont want it to be based on something that is working 100% while doing nothing else - that's not the point of the game.

some of us grinder sellers may have a fingers crossed that this will increase their value marginally too ;)

It is quite possible that value margins will increase. Right now a grinder prospect can sell for $1 ( :P Because this is the price I pay to replace my grinders and then train them up), but a grinder prospect from a grinder line will start at 20k without training and even without being from a proven line. And then you have proven lines (whatever they're proven to be, average, good, etc.) that will sell at a rate of 50k without training. And being fully trained? yeah, I've seen people pick them up for a million and more.
The better or more regular a grinder line is, the more it can go for, but it also has to be regularly sold so that people will know the line and get used to it.

And I can see that happening. Make a much broader price point in grinders, now that hard numbers have been added. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:

It is quite possible that value margins will increase. Right now a grinder prospect can sell for $1 ( :P Because this is the price I pay to replace my grinders and then train them up), but a grinder prospect from a grinder line will start at 20k without training and even without being from a proven line. And then you have proven lines (whatever they're proven to be, average, good, etc.) that will sell at a rate of 50k without training. And being fully trained? yeah, I've seen people pick them up for a million and more.
The better or more regular a grinder line is, the more it can go for, but it also has to be regularly sold so that people will know the line and get used to it.

And I can see that happening. Make a much broader price point in grinders, now that hard numbers have been added. :mrgreen:

hmm what more can i say beyond the fact that i really, really like what youve said above :lol: :lol: :lol:

(me thinking... really need to hurry up with current project and work on grinders :mrgreen: :? :D )
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

hmm what more can i say beyond the fact that i really, really like what youve said above :lol: :lol: :lol:

(me thinking... really need to hurry up with current project and work on grinders :mrgreen: :? :D )
Hah! Ah-hah!!! :lol: 8-)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Oh, very much! Very Much So! :lol:

No matter how often somebody reads something, or tries to catch every mistake, things do slip through.

:P At least I'm grammatically uniform. Not great, far from bad. 8-) But uniformly legible throughout. :roll:
Of course xD I have Grammarly, which is supposed to help me with my studies... It does the opposite :lol: I try to say HWO, it turns into how. Scammed? Scammer. Champed? Cramped ( :lol: ). Grinder? Griffin. Oh, you want to say irl? Nope, it's irk.

I'm honestly thinking of removing the subscription, it isn't worth it :/
Haha :lol: that's so stupid! You should totally remove your subscription, Gabby! You explained that perfectly too :lol: :lol: !

Last bumped by BlackOak2 on Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:36 am.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:17 am