The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

Post by BlackOak2 »

Winter_Pine_Stables wrote:
Kayaine wrote:By popular request, my thoughts, opinions, and training method. Otherwise known as, How to train your horse before age 3!
What would you recommend as the minimum % on training bonuses to help train in 3 years? - I did a little test with this guide and it helped, but because my Stamina was under 20% and so was my Strength unlike all my other stats, its taking a little more than a year, so i'm wondering what bonus % would get the training done in under or right at 3 years :D

These are my current bonuses

20.00% Agility Training Bonus
20.00% Balance Training Bonus
20.00% Intelligence Training Bonus
20.00% Movement Training Bonus
20.00% Speed Training Bonus
20.00% Stamina Training Bonus - Plan on doing more courses to increase bonus
7.50% Strength Training Bonus (Currently working on the training course) - Plan on doing more courses to increase bonus
20.00% Tempo Training Bonus
It doesn't appear Kayaine has been on in awhile, so I'll answer in their steed.

It appears you're just about there. Remember that training the stamina of a horse will take about 80% of the entire training time. So if you train a horse in 4 years, you'll be training stamina for about 3 years 6 months (give or take). It'll look like you'll never finish in time, but suddenly everything will button up in relatively short order.

I think you'll be about 3 years 8 months total training... but don't quote me on that. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Winter_Pine_Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Winter_Pine_Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Winter_Pine_Stables wrote: What would you recommend as the minimum % on training bonuses to help train in 3 years?
I think you'll be about 3 years 8 months total training... but don't quote me on that. :mrgreen:
Makes sense, thank you!
RacingTB1974
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by RacingTB1974 »

bump
Check it out! --- :D
Kionari
Visit My Farm

Post by Kionari »

Kayaine wrote:
How you keep fatigue down? And what percentage of fatigue will start to affect your horse's training?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Kionari wrote:
Kayaine wrote:
How you keep fatigue down? And what percentage of fatigue will start to affect your horse's training?
Our senior member Kayaine hasn't been on for awhile. I will answer in their stead.

You keep fatigue down by using easier activities (the difficulty factors will give you an idea; the lower the number the easier it is) and by keeping the gait to slower choices (trot over canter, walk over trot).

At about 20% fatigue it starts to vastly impact a horse's ability to gain in the stats. Ideally, you'll want to stay under 20%. At sometime north of 30%, you're actually wasting time and horse energy for the amount of stat gain you actually get.

First focus on training the stamina stat first. At least to 85%, this will help to minimize fatigue. Stamina training will take about 75 to 80% of the entire time training a horse. So if a horse can be trained in 5 years, you'll be training that horse in stamina (to at least 85%) for somewhere in the realm of 4 years. It goes really quick in training thereafter, as long as stamina is tackled first on each horse.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Kionari
Visit My Farm

Post by Kionari »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Kionari wrote:
Our senior member Kayaine hasn't been on for awhile. I will answer in their stead.

You keep fatigue down by using easier activities (the difficulty factors will give you an idea; the lower the number the easier it is) and by keeping the gait to slower choices (trot over canter, walk over trot).

At about 20% fatigue it starts to vastly impact a horse's ability to gain in the stats. Ideally, you'll want to stay under 20%. At sometime north of 30%, you're actually wasting time and horse energy for the amount of stat gain you actually get.

First focus on training the stamina stat first. At least to 85%, this will help to minimize fatigue. Stamina training will take about 75 to 80% of the entire time training a horse. So if a horse can be trained in 5 years, you'll be training that horse in stamina (to at least 85%) for somewhere in the realm of 4 years. It goes really quick in training thereafter, as long as stamina is tackled first on each horse.
Alright, thank you. This helps a lot.
Sea Fire
Visit My Farm

Post by Sea Fire »

Wish I saw this before my movement stat is poor and so I’m doing it now I used to make sure all stats err at the same level then realized it wasn’t really helping me right now movements my worse nice to know it’s the hardest after stamina :? :mrgreen:
Phalaenopsis
Visit My Farm

Post by Phalaenopsis »

I have this girl, who is my first adopted. I want to train her for Western Pleasure.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3810867

According to this guide, would I now only focus my efforts on raising her stamina, then the other traits for WP? Currently, I'm leveling the WP traits equally. I only now just found this guide, so I'm currently paying for the energy saving classes, and I'm already on level 3 of the stamina one.

As a complete newbie (who only started like 3 days ago), am I on the right track? My end goal is Florida Crackers competing in WP.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Phalaenopsis wrote:I have this girl, who is my first adopted. I want to train her for Western Pleasure.

According to this guide, would I now only focus my efforts on raising her stamina, then the other traits for WP? Currently, I'm leveling the WP traits equally. I only now just found this guide, so I'm currently paying for the energy saving classes, and I'm already on level 3 of the stamina one.

As a complete newbie (who only started like 3 days ago), am I on the right track? My end goal is Florida Crackers competing in WP.
Yes, you will want to change to training stamina first. This will do the most, to cut down on your training.

Her basic, bare-bottom scores that you have already recorded in hosted competitions aren't bad. They're not good, but they're not bad, for everything she is. :)

She already has about what she needs to look like for western pleasure. For future generations, you'll want to move her build toward medium, flatten out her croup (hip area), lengthen her back a little and beef up those legs a little more. So... more like what a stock horse or a stock quarter would look like. :P

As for working toward the cracker horse... it'll be a bit of an uphill journey from her. But not impossible.
And, you'll probably want to get toward the cracker before conforming (breeding toward) western pleasure. Some of the breeds you'll need to breed through to get to the cracker will require you to breed for something (body form) that's further from your western pleasure body style.

She's a good one to learn how to train a horse with, but won't give you anything toward hosted competitions. What I mean, is, she won't be a competition horse, but will be an adequate grinder horse... and a breeder toward the cracker.

Unless... you're using her to develop your western pleasure horse first, and then creating a cracker line separate, then breeding the two together. Either option is a viable option. :D And either option works just as well here on this game. 8-)

I have my quicklinks below that covers a lot more than what I offered here, so if you're one that likes to cruise through the guides yourself, you'll find everything you need, already linked. However, if you like a little more one-on-one contact, get yourself a new topic in the Questions and Answers section of our help guides area and somebody (or multiple somebodies) of our community will answer back.

Welcome to the game!
:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Phalaenopsis
Visit My Farm

Post by Phalaenopsis »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Phalaenopsis wrote:I have this girl, who is my first adopted. I want to train her for Western Pleasure.

Yes, you will want to change to training stamina first. This will do the most, to cut down on your training.

Her basic, bare-bottom scores that you have already recorded in hosted competitions aren't bad. They're not good, but they're not bad, for everything she is. :)

She already has about what she needs to look like for western pleasure. For future generations, you'll want to move her build toward medium, flatten out her croup (hip area), lengthen her back a little and beef up those legs a little more. So... more like what a stock horse or a stock quarter would look like. :P

As for working toward the cracker horse... it'll be a bit of an uphill journey from her. But not impossible.
And, you'll probably want to get toward the cracker before conforming (breeding toward) western pleasure. Some of the breeds you'll need to breed through to get to the cracker will require you to breed for something (body form) that's further from your western pleasure body style.

She's a good one to learn how to train a horse with, but won't give you anything toward hosted competitions. What I mean, is, she won't be a competition horse, but will be an adequate grinder horse... and a breeder toward the cracker.

Unless... you're using her to develop your western pleasure horse first, and then creating a cracker line separate, then breeding the two together. Either option is a viable option. :D And either option works just as well here on this game. 8-)

I have my quicklinks below that covers a lot more than what I offered here, so if you're one that likes to cruise through the guides yourself, you'll find everything you need, already linked. However, if you like a little more one-on-one contact, get yourself a new topic in the Questions and Answers section of our help guides area and somebody (or multiple somebodies) of our community will answer back.

Welcome to the game!
:mrgreen:
Thank you so much! I currently have a Spreadsheet going with what crosses I need to do to get to the FC, and includes their temperament, body type and weight. I can't yet post a new topic in the Q&A section, as I definitely want the one-on-one help. I also don't want to hijack a post for my own questions lol. How long will I need to wait to be able to post in the Q&A section?
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm