Community Forum

~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

Kayaine
Visit My Farm

~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

Post by Kayaine »

By popular request, my thoughts, opinions, and training method. Otherwise known as, How to train your horse before age 3!

* Please note that the number of years it takes to train your horse will somewhat depend on both your training style and the number of player courses you have completed.

This guide is under construction and will be updated in parts and pieces as I train a test horse over the next day or two. :D Note: I'm in the middle of moving at the moment, so it may not look super pretty or readable until I get finished with that.
Quick Start Training Courses
* The fastest way to take down the number of years it takes to complete horse training is to focus on a few key training course areas.
In what I feel to be the order of importance:
1. Energy Saver Courses:
The less energy your horse uses per turn, the more it will be able to train once its stamina is sufficiently high. When you've completed all the energy saver courses, a horse with max stamina will take only 5% energy to complete most techniques. That's a maximum of 20 thirty minute sessions of whatever per turn!

2. Stamina Training Courses:
One thing that determines how much energy a particular action will take is Stamina! In the beginning, your horse may only be able to do 10-20 minutes at a Walk in the Arena while Longing on the Flat. But if you keep at it, eventually, your horse will be able to do practically anything! And the stamina training courses will allow your stamina to go up even faster!

3. Training Techniques/Advanced Training:
These are the courses that affect all stats a little bit . The reason these are more important than any other other courses that you can do is that once you've finished the energy saver and stamina courses, these are the only other courses you can do that will continue to affect stamina! So you'll hit max stamina even faster still, and maxing stamina means minimizing energy!

4. Fast Courses Not Already Completed:
When I say fast courses, I mean any course that will take you under an hour . You may have already done some of these or you may not have. Just take an afternoon and set a course while you're making dinner or something, note the time, and come back and start another one as soon as it is finished. Just make sure if you're going to bed to start a really long course, so you're not wasting time.

5. Movement Courses:
With the way I train horses, and subsequently the training method listed, movement is the stat that ends up being the hardest to train after stamina. Hence, movement courses!

6. All Other Courses:
After everything listed has been completed, you can choose what you want to focus on. It may be a specific discipline's stats or it may be something that takes you longer than others to train. I usually just picked a couple and completed all the shorter ones, 6 hours or less during the day, and left everything else to work overnight or while I went to work/school.
Last edited by Kayaine on October 25th, 2016, 11:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Re: ~DWM~ Horse Training Guide

Post by Kayaine »

Hints, Tips, Tricks, and Other Info
1. Player Level: Most of the things you can do in the game give you experience points. These points affect your player level. Your player level is important because it allows you to assign skill points to one of six categories. Each level you go up, you get one more skill point to assign.

2. ***Skill Points/Knowledge Points:Assigning skill points to a specific category changes how long each player course with one of those designated categories will take to complete. Each Horse Ownership, Training, and Competition Management Course will have two skill categories or Attributes listed. When you assign a skill point or knowledge point*** to one of those attribute categories, then the time the course takes to complete decreases. If you assign a point to the first attribute listed, the time will go down more than if you assign it to the second attribute category.

3. Horse Weight/Energy: At the time this guide was written, there were still bugs in the feeding system. So we'll take weight and energy both together and separately. Starting with weight: A horse's weight affects how well it will do in particular events. If you have an event in mind, you can click the ? next to Feeding on the light brown headed above where you assign feed and amounts. This will pull up a guide (if you scroll down for it) of ideal body weights by discipline. Next is Energy: Energy and feeding are very much tied together. When a horse is in an awkward growth stage, usually around 6 months-ish, there is almost nothing you can do to keep it's energy at 100% for a couple of turns. Accept this and move on. Train what you can then go to the next turn. This should not happen for more than a few turns. Your horse, however, needs to be at 100% energy as much as possible during training, or you are reducing the amount of training you are able to do.

4. Max Feed Amounts (Otherwise Known as Having Trouble with Weight or Energy %s ?): As the feeding systems is currently not working at 100% efficiency, I will point out a very common issue that many players have. Max Feed Amounts! I copied this directly from one of my Horses.
100% Daily Energy
Protein
Fiber
Sugar
Regular Feed: 5.2kg to 10.4kg
Max Feed: 26.3kg
Cost per Turn: $3 to $6
Weight: Moderately Thin 1,659 lbs
At the moment, each of the feed sections: Protein, Fiber, and Sugar have bars. This does not affect your horse at this time. Ignore them. Life is happier if you do. The area listed as Regular feed is how much you are currently feeding your horse. As you can see up by Daily Energy, I am feeding my horse 100%, so his daily energy should always be 100% (unless in that awkward growth phase). Now a common problem with this area is that many players have not registered the area called Max Feed. Max feed refers to the maximum amount a horse can eat. For instance, if you try to feed your horse a bunch of hay then some weight gain mix, your horse may fill up on the hay and never eat the feed. When you are trying to feed your horse too much, the feed numbers will turn red. If the numbers are red, it literally means: Stop! I can't eat this much. Heartache and much pain lies ahead for you!
Last edited by Kayaine on October 16th, 2016, 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

~DWM~ Training Regime

At the moment, these are just notes. They may not be easily understood...

***Note: This is only a general guideline as how much energy something will take depends on the courses you've completed.

1. Begin Training with Arena, Walk, Longe on Flat, Max Time You can Train. (I.e. I can start a horse at 20 minutes, then I may be able to do 5 more) Continue this until you are able to start your horse on 30 minutes in the Arena at a Walk while Lunging on Flat.

2. Train on Arena at a Walk while Lunging until you are able to switch to Collection and Impulsion (+Strength, +Stamina, ++Intelligence, +Movement, 5 Difficulty) for 30 minutes at a time. Should take a few turns-ish. Continue this until you have maxed out stamina (99.8%)! This will take awhile. When you have completed the energy saver courses, you will eventually be able to get down to this only taking 5% energy every 30 minutes of work. Continue this until you no longer gain any stamina or intelligence.

3. Switch to Jumping Obstacles (++Balance, ++++Agility, ++Strength, +Speed, 9 Difficulty). This will allow you to quickly gain agility, strength, and speed! Continue with this until you no longer gain Agility.

4. Switch to Ground Poles (+Intelligence, +++Tempo, ++Movement, 6 Difficulty). This will allow you to finish up Movement and Tempo at the same time. Continue until you no longer gain any Movement or Tempo.

5. Switch to Lunge on Flat again. Then change the gait to gallop. Continue with this until you no longer gain any Speed.
Last edited by Kayaine on October 18th, 2016, 4:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

liking this.
Alana
Visit My Farm

Post by Alana »

I have to try this, mine are usually done before they are 4 but never in just 3 years time ;)
Mega
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

I have done this and it works. Still dont have all the training skills i want but am able to train by three years with over 10 horses ive done this with. thanks so much for posting this.
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

Mega wrote:I have done this and it works. Still dont have all the training skills i want but am able to train by three years with over 10 horses ive done this with. thanks so much for posting this.
No problem! I just have to get moved into my new house so I can go in and make it prettier!
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

I have a question, Can you start with 20 min before you start their training? Because it takes me a long time till I can work them for 20 min. What can I do? Thanks anyway :D
Kayaine
Visit My Farm

Post by Kayaine »

mora098 wrote:I have a question, Can you start with 20 min before you start their training? Because it takes me a long time till I can work them for 20 min. What can I do? Thanks anyway :D
Training courses. The first part of the guide gives you more info on those.
mora098
Visit My Farm

Post by mora098 »

Kayaine wrote:
mora098 wrote:I have a question, Can you start with 20 min before you start their training? Because it takes me a long time till I can work them for 20 min. What can I do? Thanks anyway :D
Training courses. The first part of the guide gives you more info on those.
Thank you!
Become a Patron!