The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Question About Color Shades

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Malakai20
Visit My Farm

Re: Question About Color Shades

Post by Malakai20 »

KingstonDressage wrote:
Okay. So, there are a couple different possible outcomes of the foal. I'd say that there is a chance it is a cherry chestnut, a high one. Despite this high chance, you may end up with a light chestnut horse, or even a faint dun.
There is no chance of the foal being dun as neither parent carries dun. Dun is a dominant gene. The foal can be chestnut or palomino and might have sooty.
KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Re: Question About Color Shades

Post by KingstonDressage »

Malakai20 wrote:
KingstonDressage wrote: Okay. So, there are a couple different possible outcomes of the foal. I'd say that there is a chance it is a cherry chestnut, a high one. Despite this high chance, you may end up with a light chestnut horse, or even a faint dun.
There is no chance of the foal being dun as neither parent carries dun. Dun is a dominant gene. The foal can be chestnut or palomino and might have sooty.
The foal is palamino.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:07 pm