The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Champagne or white?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Champagne or white?

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

I'm so bad at coloring, even the most basic colors :roll: Is this girl champagne or white? I'm assuming champagne because of the freckles on her nose, but she's super super light-colored. (Click on the image to see her as an older horse...she's almost 2 and idk why it put that picture of her as a baby)

Nazarach
Visit My Farm

Re: Champagne or white?

Post by Nazarach »

horsegirl008~2 wrote:I'm so bad at coloring, even the most basic colors :roll: Is this girl champagne or white? I'm assuming champagne because of the freckles on her nose, but she's super super light-colored. (Click on the image to see her as an older horse...she's almost 2 and idk why it put that picture of her as a baby)

Hi there :) these ones are always tricky - she is indeed champagne - with a black base, champagne from sire and/or dam, cream from the sire and the dam (the dam was a varnished silver amber cream if I had to peg her down) - pretty sure she carries 2x cream as the freckles are rather pale; also, as both parents had Lp I'd say she expresses (at least) the varnish as she is paler than normal SCCs...
So, all in all I'd say Varnished Smoky Cream Champagne or Smoky Cream Champagne w/ Lp
gen code is something along:
E_ a/a Ch_ Cr/Cr Lp_
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Nazarach wrote:
horsegirl008~2 wrote:I'm so bad at coloring, even the most basic colors :roll: Is this girl champagne or white? I'm assuming champagne because of the freckles on her nose, but she's super super light-colored. (Click on the image to see her as an older horse...she's almost 2 and idk why it put that picture of her as a baby)

Hi there :) these ones are always tricky - she is indeed champagne - with a black base, champagne from sire and/or dam, cream from the sire and the dam (the dam was a varnished silver amber cream if I had to peg her down) - pretty sure she carries 2x cream as the freckles are rather pale; also, as both parents had Lp I'd say she expresses (at least) the varnish as she is paler than normal SCCs...
So, all in all I'd say Varnished Smoky Cream Champagne or Smoky Cream Champagne w/ Lp
gen code is something along:
E_ a/a Ch_ Cr/Cr Lp_
Sounds super, thanks!! :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

I'd like to add as well that we don't have "white". While you can get tobiano to cover the whole horse, I wouldn't say that that counts (and I think that the skin generally remains dark for that), and we have "pseudo-white" (which is a triple dilute involving cream and champagne), there is no actual "white" gene.
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:

I'd like to add as well that we don't have "white". While you can get tobiano to cover the whole horse, I wouldn't say that that counts (and I think that the skin generally remains dark for that), and we have "pseudo-white" (which is a triple dilute involving cream and champagne), there is no actual "white" gene.
Good to know, thanks! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am